Man, I hope Staal is OK. This looks brutal....

Hockey Bob

If you look at the link below the You-tube link I posted it shows a close up, looks like he got it just above the eye.

I'm never leaving the net and my Eddy Pro.

It was scary to watch because how he immediately reacted (flailing his legs and writhing in agony).

The way his helmet moves down makes me think it nicked the edge of his helmet before mainly hitting above his eye. I just hope that if any of it caught his helmet that it absorbed some of the impact.

That was horrible to watch live. Honestly, that close up slow-mo looks like it got him full on in the eye. That just looks worse and worse every time I see it. I hope he's ok.

Lundqvist said the puck hit him flat, so he's got two cuts.. One above the eye and one below.. He was very lucky.. Scary stuff

I felt nauseous watching that in real time.

Hate to see stuff like this happen. Hope Marc is alright and doesn't miss any time

Saw a report that he didn't go to the hospital last night which is positive sign and downright amazing after seeing that video repeatedly.

Rangers have yet to officially comment but Eric Staal told NHL.com that they are waiting for the swelling to go down before any further determination can be made on the injury.

From the Rangers Twitter: Staal will be out indefinitely.

BREAKING NEWS: #NYR report that Marc Staal was examined by both an opthalmologist & maxillofacial surgeon today, both are optimistic (cont)

(cont) ...that Marc Staal will make "a full recovery"...Staal will be sidelined indefinitely, though the injury has "improved significantly"

Not good.

Interesting piece on Chris Pronger on PuckDaddy yesterday talking about how it's vision, not concussion related issues, that will force him to retire not unlike Manny Malhotra in Vancouver.

Hopefully when they say Staal is expected to make a full recovery it means no lingering vision issues.

A full recovery is good.... right???

I meant not good for the Rangers, him being out indefinitely. I thought it was obvious that a full recovery is a good thing.