Fake CCM and KOHO info?

RallyeTech02

Hey everyone, I'm a lifetime Blackhawks fan who had never really been able to afford a jersey and now that I finally can, I've been looking at CCM's and KOHO's since they were the brands I remember coveting as a kid. Since they are older jerseys, I've been scouring eBay and I figured I'd ask for some "pro-tips" from everyone here since I don't want to get snookered in by a fake. As far as players go, I can't really say I'm exponentially picky. Of course Chelios and Roenick come to mind, as well as my personal favorite, Eddie Belfour, as it is though, I'd be just as thrilled with a blank! Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

well, this depends on if you are looking for a replica or authentic. replica CCM/Koho's are easy to find, well priced, and never faked. the authentics will command a little more money but once again, those jerseys aren't faked too much. The Reebok Edge style is what is running wild in the fake market right now.

Chances are if you find a CCM/Koho you like, it will be legit. Post links in the good or not thread and you will get some quick responses.

I should make note, be weary of the CCM Vintage collection authentics you find. Those are commonly faked. once again, ask in the formentioned thread and you will be good.

Awesome! Is there a good general set of guidelines to go by size-wise when it comes to these? I've seen here in the forum mentions of "funky" sizing in regards to some of the older stuff, and being 6'4"-6'5" and 180lbs I want to make sure that I get the right size.

Overall I think you are pretty safe, there are a decent number of authentic Koho and CCM (plus a scant handful of Nike) fakes out there in terms of authentics but not very many. Griffenfood and other such jerks were going back and faking like Whalers, Jets, Nordiques, Penguins and other jerseys for a bit in there but on the whole the older stuff that came before mass fake production is safe.

Sizing I think you should wear your suit size plus four. If you wear a 44 jacket, get a 48 jersey, for example. Everyone has different preferences and body types though.

Sizing can be tricky especially if you don't gave any reference point (i.e. another jersey of any type to get an idea of length etc.)

Yeah, I've always had to go big in shirts to make up for the wingspan. Thanks for all the help!