eBay Sellers To Avoid

flyhighguys94

Cowboys brought up a seller's username on eBay and mentioned to avoid them because of the way they conduct business. Recently Slim posted a lengthy discussion with a not so easy to work with seller as well and this got me thinking. I think there should be a thread dedicated to our experiences with sellers on ebay, who to watch out for and who is easy to work with. I know a lot of this gets posted in the eBay thread but gets lost in the shuffle. For instance, CJ Matthews brought up TheHockeyJerseyCo and his displeasure with them. Then other members were able to add their thoughts and experiences with the seller. I just thought this was a good idea.

I'll start off.

There is one seller in particular that really ticks me off. I do not think they are a member here and if they are than their ways should be made known. Username is: medvedev78v2. My story with this guy is as follows, i was selling a few jerseys in auction (Canadiens at $125 and a Rick Nash CBJ at $150) and he sent me a few messages asking for a deal. We agreed upon $250 sent as a gift, including shipping to Canada. He made up some lame story about not being able to spend past that amount and he wanted the Nash and the Canadiens is going to be customized and blah blah blah. At the time he had no items for sale so i did not think much of it, told me he was a die hard collector. Well the first thing that left me salty was he left all the fees to me, in other words did not pay as a gift. This was my fault for not checking the actual details, i just made sure his money arrived safely. Shipped the jerseys and never heard another word, 10 days later the Nash is up for sale for a higher price and he has tags next to it saying it is brand new with tags removed, which is a lie. Its in great condition but the tags were never on it. I noticed he does this to all his jerseys. My beef is that he also always changes his username, he was recently KrankeKitteh or something. He is a liar and looks to profit by creating BS stories. That's a little different than just scoring a deal and flipping it on ebay for a profit. As long as i've been doing this, this scumbag comes along with complete BS and fooled me.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads-up on that guy, Kurt! He's currently the high bidder on my Habs jersey auction. We' see how much he marks that one up.

Thanks for the heads-up on that guy, Kurt! He's currently the high bidder on my Habs jersey auction. We' see how much he marks that one up.

Glad i was able to shed some light, and honestly if your not pressed for the cash i would cancel his bid and block him. Forgot to add he was winning my Panthers 3rd and then cancelled his bid at just about the last possible second. This was before i figured out who he was. The most disturbing thing is the constant name change, what's he hiding?

Yeah he sold one of my jerseys and said new with tags and put the tags beside it. It wasnt even in that great condition the jack Arse!

Cowboys brought up a seller's username on eBay and mentioned to avoid them because of the way they conduct business. Recently Slim posted a lengthy discussion with a not so easy to work with seller as well and this got me thinking. I think there should be a thread dedicated to our experiences with sellers on ebay, who to watch out for and who is easy to work with. I know a lot of this gets posted in the eBay thread but gets lost in the shuffle. For instance, CJ Matthews brought up TheHockeyJerseyCo and his displeasure with them. Then other members were able to add their thoughts and experiences with the seller. I just thought this was a good idea.

I'll start off.

There is one seller in particular that really ticks me off. I do not think they are a member here and if they are than their ways should be made known. Username is: medvedev78v2. My story with this guy is as follows, i was selling a few jerseys in auction (Canadiens at $125 and a Rick Nash CBJ at $150) and he sent me a few messages asking for a deal. We agreed upon $250 sent as a gift, including shipping to Canada. He made up some lame story about not being able to spend past that amount and he wanted the Nash and the Canadiens is going to be customized and blah blah blah. At the time he had no items for sale so i did not think much of it, told me he was a die hard collector. Well the first thing that left me salty was he left all the fees to me, in other words did not pay as a gift. This was my fault for not checking the actual details, i just made sure his money arrived safely. Shipped the jerseys and never heard another word, 10 days later the Nash is up for sale for a higher price and he has tags next to it saying it is brand new with tags removed, which is a lie. Its in great condition but the tags were never on it. I noticed he does this to all his jerseys. My beef is that he also always changes his username, he was recently KrankeKitteh or something. He is a liar and looks to profit by creating BS stories. That's a little different than just scoring a deal and flipping it on ebay for a profit. As long as i've been doing this, this scumbag comes along with complete BS and fooled me.

Exactly the reason I stopped giving deals to anybody regardless of the story. The only time I'll give a deal is if somebody buys multiple (and by multiple I'm not talking just 2). I know it's become a terrible attitude to take but the direction of the hobby has made it become that way. The worst offenders have been folks I've sold to here, luckily none of the regulars up to this point. On ebay the only deal I'll make is I'll take 10% off if somebody wants to work out a transaction outside of ebay. Otherwise, these days I'm moving stuff to clear space, I set a price and if it sells it sells, if it doesn't sell after a certain point I'll keep it and either never list it again or list it down the road if my mood strikes me. I'm sick of cutting deals, or trying to help people out only to find my stuff for sale on ebay at the price I should have originally sold it for. There's guys on here for years I would wonder why the hell they would come here and try to get the prices they are asking for jerseys without budging much when you ask, and years later I now finally understand that.

One story I have from last year, I collect Chicago Steel gamers. A "parent" from a few seasons back saw me in one of their kids jerseys at a game, chased me down and started some convo. After talking for a while they finally told me they would love to have that jersey from that season. So at that point I stood by my statement of I will bid and buy and if a parent or kid ever wants it I will gladly give it to them. So after the game I took the jersey off and gave it to this parent and not a week later I find the jersey up for sale on ebay. Of course I'm the fool now, I did some anonymous contacting only to find this person did not have the same name as the kid, it was some guy giving me some bs to try and score that jersey. Needless to say, this guy has ruined it for any legit parent..I will no longer give any parents (even if they can prove) their kids jersey unless they're willing to pay.

Glad i was able to shed some light, and honestly if your not pressed for the cash i would cancel his bid and block him. Forgot to add he was winning my Panthers 3rd and then cancelled his bid at just about the last possible second. This was before i figured out who he was. The most disturbing thing is the constant name change, what's he hiding?

It's probably not so much what he's hiding but more that you probably aren't the only one who is taking a stand to him. A lot of these hobbies have a fairly tight community and you em off it's hard to obtain the product.

It's probably not so much what he's hiding but more that you probably aren't the only one who is taking a stand to him. A lot of these hobbies have a fairly tight community and you em off it's hard to obtain the product.

Good point, and now everyone here is aware of him. I think this is a good thread to have pinned because it really lets us all know. I see Oxbo had an issue too, the guy is a real idiot when it comes to selling.

And MountainKing, your story about the parent is actually sickening. That is ridiculous someone would even think to do that. That's about as low as it gets.

Very good to know. This guy has been sending me some lowball offers on my jerseys. I won't be accepting any of them.

Cool thread

And MountainKing, That story really P's me off, sorry dude.

I say we find that guy and kick him in the knee..... the wee-knee!

Great heads-up stories on ebayers here. Posted my thoughts on TheHockeyJerseyco in the Ebay thread, so I won't get into it again here. But I was just imagining this thread becoming sort of like the Good or Not thread. Sort of a place to post and ask opinions of other members about sellers before they place a bid. Great to ID the guys in posts as we have experiences, but would be a great place to ask for advice/experience/perspective on sellers we're curious about. Great thread.

Cool thread

And MountainKing, That story really P's me off, sorry dude.

I say we find that guy and kick him in the knee..... the wee-knee!

Haha...a fine Dale Tallon moment! Props

crystalgurney066

This buyer put two offers on pittsburgh jersey and won it and then put three offers on another when I made a counter they said it was to much the counter was 15.00 more . They mailed me back saying they did not want any jersey as the price was to high .I have a non payment claim in but with Ebay that means nothing

It blows that there can't be negative feedback for buyers once a non payment bid is put into effect (after a reasonable time frame)

Haha...a fine Dale Tallon moment! Props

Glad you got it :thumbsup:

But still, I say we find and mess that dude up!

how about locker room sports? nearly 4600 jerseys listed. to me that isn't a collector at all, but a factory

While I do avoid that seller for scooping up deals and then ruining them with their garbage in-house lettering fonts, I think that's more of a "don't bother" rather than "be careful". And those prices aren't even negotiable, it's almost a joke. I don't know who would want to buy a home-customized Starter Bruins jersey for $400

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAM-NEELY-BOSTON-BRUINS-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-STARTER-52-FIGHT-STRAP-/260954728919?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cc21d29d7

I wish there weren't buyers out there to actually support that seller, I think it's a bad thing to encourage butchered lettering and price gouging.

While I do avoid that seller for scooping up deals and then ruining them with their garbage in-house lettering fonts, I think that's more of a "don't bother" rather than "be careful". And those prices aren't even negotiable, it's almost a joke. I don't know who would want to buy a home-customized Starter Bruins jersey for $400

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAM-NEELY-BOSTON-BRUINS-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-STARTER-52-FIGHT-STRAP-/260954728919?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cc21d29d7

I wish there weren't buyers out there to actually support that seller, I think it's a bad thing to encourage butchered lettering and price gouging.

ok then i am on the right track. i dont have close to the expertise that you guys have. i can spot a few things here and there, but nothing to the degree you guys can. i rely on my gut and if it just doesn't look right, most often my gut is right. can't say i am a fan either of stores or sellers like that. they aren't in it for anything but profit.

Bob im still laughing at your comment above, that was a good one buddy.

I'm glad to see the positive reviews, i think having a place where hockey jersey collectors can discuss the people we see selling the hockey jerseys is a great idea. When the Medvedev dude i mentioned had a different name i knew to watch out for him, its hard to quickly catch them when they switch up their name every other month.

And James good call on that seller, not worth the time or hassle. It just shows they are shady and not willing to properly follow through with the contractual obligation of eBay and cannot be trusted.

Looks like I'm having a good week. Avoid this guy: catwyl63376 unless you wanna be called more than 10 names in a couple messages. He wants my Chris Stewart Blues game worn jersey, offered a low price, we negotiated, and then all a sudden he was out of town and couldnt pay for a couple days. So after a couple hours I sent him a nice message saying I did not want to sell the jersey for a lower price than what it is worth, and all of this was after he kept asking me to end the jersey before he even paid. He replied to my message with a combination of the F word and a rather entertaining plethora of Douches, I did not know there were so many combinations of that word. He sounds like a typical internet tough guy but the best part was he just kept making himself sound terribly uneducated. I was just talking to another game worn collector and he mentioned he avoids this seller too, also goes by some other username. He is in MO if he ever sends you a message. Just a heads up guys.

I really don't want to post the guys name here because he did pay when he actually "won" the jersey, but there was a just flat-out annoying guy who wouldn't leave me, Phil, and Matt alone (Phil had a story similar to my second jersey and if Matt wants to chime in, he can). He bought my Quick 2.0 from me (It took him like 20 ebay messages asking questions about it's legitimacy, if I'd take a lower price, instructions on how to fold the jersey etc). That was fine. He paid fast and was good. Then he wanted my NYR 2.0 GC and he was an absolute about. He'd message me about 2x a month telling me to lookout for GCs, so before I listed it, I figured I would ask him if he wanted it (so I could save ebay fees). He said yes, then did the same 20 questions (about customizing it) about it then offered me $150 extra to get it lettered for him. We agreed on a price, then he told me a) he didnt want to do the deal off ebay B) I needed to send 2 ebay invoices c) I had to take $10 less because he didn't have the full price in PP. So the thing I don't understand is how the hell was he going to pay me the extra $150 to customize it if he couldn't afford the extra $10? This went on from a Thursday to Sunday. I listed the jersey on Friday because I didn't think it was going to go anywhere with him--you just got that feeling. I told him to submit the offer on ebay, and he didn't do it. He kept saying the same price over and over again and I told him I can't send him invoices until he wins the auction. Then someone else came along on a Saturday, offered a higher amount and I accepted it. Funny thing was I was at an Isles game, and this guy kept harassing me and said some stupid things in an ebay message. Like he would send 2 messages at a time. I didn't even read all of the messages because I missed some. I emailed them to Phil/Matt and they laughed too. This guy said I didn't know how to use ebay, he was going to tell his friends not to buy from me (like I'm supposed to care), gently called me an idiot, asked where I get these jerseys, what I paid for them, etc. but at least he didn't use any vulgarities though. Then he said "no hard feelings" and "hopes we can complete the transaction" (Friday/Sat morning before it sold). At that point I was livid. I wrote out a great response, but didn't send it. Then like a week later he asked if I had any more jerseys. WTF? I think he was trolling though (obviously ignored his message)