eBay Sellers To Avoid

flyhighguys94

3derek16 not a seller but a buyer that does not pay

halfcanadian2008 a seller that relisted an item as he did not get his desired amount for the item, he did get negative feedback

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the non-paying seems to go in waves. ill be fine for 2-3 months and then one week, ill literally have like 6 or 7.

ebay still stinks in that regard, but sellers can open unpaid item reports after 2 or 3 days instead of 4 now

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't pay right away. I can only speak for BIN's with best offers as I tend to avoid auctions, but it just seems to make the most sense to pay after the offer is accepted.

Anyone know anything about this site?

www.customthrowbackjerseys.com ?? I heard it was legit and was not to be confused with:

www.custom-throwback-jerseys.com

Can anyone verify this from personal experience?

Thanks.

A few years ago (before I joined this forum) I ordered a jersey from the first site, customthrowbackjerseys.com. It was a 1990's Penguins CCM vintage throwback. I can't speak for all their products, but I can say that what I got back was about the worst customized jersey I ever ordered, with the exception of a POS that I got from NHL.com, which some of you may remember me posting not long ago. The jersey had CCM Vintage Hockey tagging in the neck, but it was made of Nike flo-knit material instead, and it had an awful front crest that wasn't even the right shape. Since then I've seen some blank CCM jerseys made of the Nike material, so I imagine they put this jersey together using a blank and a crest patch. In the years since then I have never seen an official CCM replica that looked like this one. Also, the customization looked rather cheap and even the color of the twill was kind of off. Needless to say I never ordered from them again, but not long afterwards I started to appreciate and learn more about authentics anyway (in a large part from this forum), and I stopped buying replicas altogether.

If you're planning to buy a Reebok replica from them, hopefully they'll give you an official Premier jersey (and not some slapped-together piece of crap), but if you're looking to get an older CCM throwback I'd be very careful about what you order.

A few years ago (before I joined this forum) I ordered a jersey from the first site, customthrowbackjerseys.com. It was a 1990's Penguins CCM vintage throwback. I can't speak for all their products, but I can say that what I got back was about the worst customized jersey I ever ordered, with the exception of a POS that I got from NHL.com, which some of you may remember me posting not long ago. The jersey had CCM Vintage Hockey tagging in the neck, but it was made of Nike flo-knit material instead, and it had an awful front crest that wasn't even the right shape. Since then I've seen some blank CCM jerseys made of the Nike material, so I imagine they put this jersey together using a blank and a crest patch. In the years since then I have never seen an official CCM replica that looked like this one. Also, the customization looked rather cheap and even the color of the twill was kind of off. Needless to say I never ordered from them again, but not long afterwards I started to appreciate and learn more about authentics anyway (in a large part from this forum), and I stopped buying replicas altogether.

If you're planning to buy a Reebok replica from them, hopefully they'll give you an official Premier jersey (and not some slapped-together piece of crap), but if you're looking to get an older CCM throwback I'd be very careful about what you order.

Thank's man. You were right on with Monkey Sports so I am staying with your advice. You haven't steered me wrong yet and I really appreciate it.

I'm glad you had a good experience at MonkeySports, but since you seem to be relying on my advice (I'm flattered, btw), I'd just like to clarify that I'd recommend MonkeySports only for current Ducks jerseys. In this forum we've heard the experiences of some others who had some issues with their treatment of older Ducks jerseys and those of other teams. (I'm just saying this because I don't want to steer you wrong :) )

Anyone know anything about this site?

www.customthrowbackjerseys.com ?? I heard it was legit and was not to be confused with:

www.custom-throwback-jerseys.com

Can anyone verify this from personal experience?

Thanks.

Just before finding this site I ordered a '94 Graves shirt from them. Terrible- wrong font, the stripes were dyed on, the crest was heat-pressed. I was desperate to find one like that and thought it would be good.

It was not.

Looks like I'm not the only one here who wasted their time with them. Thanks for sharing that.

Looks like I'm not the only one here who wasted their time with them. Thanks for sharing that.

:thumbsup:

gsupanthers - he mainly sells football and baseball jerseys, but I had an awful experience with him. He sent me an Ike Davis jersey last year (this was before the season started and that head case fell apart) with customization that was just off. The numbers were poor, and he put the 50th anniversary patch on the wrong arm. So, I returned it, and he told me he'd send me one with proper customization. Guy has 14205 auctions with a 99.5 rating - it was more like 10000 at the time, but whatever, I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt - went back and forth with him for EIGHT weeks where multiple times he told me that he was either sending the jersey in the next day or two, or was so busy this time of year, etc. Finally I just opened up a Paypal dispute with him, where he tried using his reputation and rating to strong arm them into ruling in his favor. I ended up getting my money back, but I'll never do business with him again.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in May I had a guy bid on a jersey of mine, and then retract his bid. Messed up, but fine, w/e, first time it had happened to me. Now here we are in June, and the same guy bids on the same jersey, and then retracts the bid again. Avoid this guy at all cost.

Ebay ID: medvedev78v2

30-Day Summary

Total bids: s.gif28

Items bid on: s.gif22

Bid activity (%) with this seller: s.gif0% s.gif

Bid retractions: s.gif9

Bid retractions (6 months): s.gif23

Back in May I had a guy bid on a jersey of mine, and then retract his bid. Messed up, but fine, w/e, first time it had happened to me. Now here we are in June, and the same guy bids on the same jersey, and then retracts the bid again. Avoid this guy at all cost.

Ebay ID: medvedev78v2

30-Day Summary

Total bids: s.gif28

Items bid on: s.gif22

Bid activity (%) with this seller: s.gif0% s.gif

Bid retractions: s.gif9

Bid retractions (6 months): s.gif23

He also lowballs constantly on Buy It Now auctions and then gets angry and aggressive when you don't accept.

I dealt with a dude probably 6 years ago that was absurd. He bought a hockey jersey off me, might have been a Wild, and complained when it came in that the sleeves were too long and i had to pay to have them tailored. I told him, in nicer word, to go eff himself, he opened up a case against me and I eventually gave him $5 because I called a tailor local to him and got a quote hahahaha. What a tard.

For anyone who's curious, nhljerseyjunkie is Wayne Barnes (formerly SeiferSeven / Selanne 8 / Albert Wesker / Mr Selanne) Edge 2pointzero who's officially screwed over 2 members here on the boards, and has failed to own up to either.

I'm sure he still lurks here, but without getting into all the details, after his most recent lack of accountability for screwing over a member, he deleted his facebook, twitter, and ebay account, and when I found his new ebay and messaged to ask what was going on, he replied with and I quote -

"Why are you messaging me anyway?

I'm done. I'm not coming back period. That place isn't worth the drama and you all won't have to worry about anything from me anymore.

No story needed. James knows what the truth is. I'm not getting into it, I'm just done.

Please don't message me anymore. I will not reply."

I replied, reminding him that after the first incident he was given the benefit of the doubt (despite not having taken any accountability), but that it was/is pretty cowardly that he just decided to up and run after he did it a 2nd time.

He came back at me with some less than nice things to say, but I suppose it's pointless to get into that. And no, I didn't go after his kids afterwards since he didn't go down that road :P

Anyways, I know some members have had good dealing with him in the past, but just a warning that when things do go sour from his end, he won't man-up at all.

Buyer beware.

If you want complete satisifaction create a firm purchase order that declares your sale intentions. What your willing to cover in case the buyer is stupid or the shipping company looses the package. Remember to use words like As-is and no warranty implied when selling.

• 1 month later...

mtlvintage13 bought 2 hats from me last month. i shipped to canada with tracking. they were delivered quickly and he just did charge backs for both through PP

While I do avoid that seller for scooping up deals and then ruining them with their garbage in-house lettering fonts, I think that's more of a "don't bother" rather than "be careful". And those prices aren't even negotiable, it's almost a joke. I don't know who would want to buy a home-customized Starter Bruins jersey for $400

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAM-NEELY-BOSTON-BRUINS-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-STARTER-52-FIGHT-STRAP-/260954728919?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cc21d29d7

I wish there weren't buyers out there to actually support that seller, I think it's a bad thing to encourage butchered lettering and price gouging.

New collector here,

This blows... I was just watching a couple of his Sakic's from 95-96. He has a home 95/96 with tags on it for $450,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360460549556?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and another with no tags that is actually a 97-99 stater authentic hes trying to pass off as a 95/96 because it has a 95-96 Stanley cup badge on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360460547772?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If his number and lettering kits are bad, it really blows because he actually has a couple legit 95-96 Authentics.What a waste... As he has another away legit 95/96,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360459786569?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Just guessing, but is the price on these is a bit much? I'm not that good with fonts, but I've learned how to spot material and construction/badges for these types pretty well. (Thanks to SuperTheGreat)

I'm basically looking for any blank (or done if it's reasonable) Avalanche 95-96 Starter Authentic jersey I can find in either 48 or 52.

I just bought a away 95-96 from HockeyMusic (Great transaction so far, thanks bud), and SuperTheGreat is teaching me how to build 95/96s correctly. So that I can put together Forsberg, Sakic, Roy, and Foote from that year (Home and away). Basically all the retired jerseys besides Bourque (I'll do him in the 2001 set when I start that down the road.).

Everything by that seller is overpriced and not even close to accuracy on customization for most of his stuff.

Everything by that seller is overpriced and not even close to accuracy on customization for most of his stuff.

I was thinking for sure that the one with tags would be legit letters & numbers, but I guess you could get a blank with tags and still customize it. $450 did seem like a bit much though. blah