How many do you own?

lafountain

How many jerseys do you actually have in your collection?

For me it is: 14 Hockey Jerseys

Also own 9 Football and 6 Baseball jerseys.

This does not include jerseys I wear for teams I have played for.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many jerseys do you actually have in your collection?

For me it is: 14 Hockey Jerseys

Also own 9 Football and 6 Baseball jerseys.

This does not include jerseys I wear for teams I have played for.

I own 8 game used, 6 authentics, and 31 replicas, dating back to '92 when I started to collect. I hadn't bought a jersey in 4 years due to some recent financial constraints, until yesterday when I ordered one. I probably also have close to 75 jerseys that I actually skate in/have skated in.

I own 8 game used, 6 authentics, and 31 replicas, dating back to '92 when I started to collect. I hadn't bought a jersey in 4 years due to some recent financial constraints, until yesterday when I ordered one. I probably also have close to 75 jerseys that I actually skate in/have skated in.

Wow, nice collection. My hockey collection is 1 Game Used and the rest are replicas.

Wow, nice collection. My hockey collection is 1 Game Used and the rest are replicas.

Yeah - collecting has been my hobby now for a while, but unfortunately I really haven't been able to afford it lately. I'm a writer, and I was teaching, until la couple of years ago when my district needed to cut back on teachers. I was teaching the theatre and creative writing classes and they were among the first English courses to go. I make enough writing to support my family, but there's a lot less left over cash now. Every authentic jersey I buy is equal to the cost of one 20 game season in a men's league here, so I had to prioritize and my hobby took a hit. I've been teaching classes as an adjunct at a university to suppliment the pay, but I'm only teaching one class each semester. I've been in discussion with the school about becoming a full time professor, and that seems like it might take shape soon, so we'll see where that goes. Hopefully I can start adding to my collection again soon.

Yeah - collecting has been my hobby now for a while, but unfortunately I really haven't been able to afford it lately. I'm a writer, and I was teaching, until la couple of years ago when my district needed to cut back on teachers. I was teaching the theatre and creative writing classes and they were among the first English courses to go. I make enough writing to support my family, but there's a lot less left over cash now. Every authentic jersey I buy is equal to the cost of one 20 game season in a men's league here, so I had to prioritize and my hobby took a hit. I've been teaching classes as an adjunct at a university to suppliment the pay, but I'm only teaching one class each semester. I've been in discussion with the school about becoming a full time professor, and that seems like it might take shape soon, so we'll see where that goes. Hopefully I can start adding to my collection again soon.

Well best of luck in your quest for full-time status.

Well best of luck in your quest for full-time status.

Thank you, Laf. Hopefully it works out and I'll live down one of my dreams, of being the insane english professor with liberal grading policies that everyone just loves... :rolleyes:

I've got 49 NHL Jerseys, mostly all replica. Also have 7 NFL jerseys, 6 CFL and 4 MLB.

Wow, another pretty impressive collection.

hey lafountain, just noticed your new avatar. pretty nice, even though it kind of looks like the swords just decapitated the buffalo's head LOL! :D

hey lafountain, just noticed your new avatar. pretty nice, even though it kind of looks like the swords just decapitated the buffalo's head LOL! :D

Hehe, I've seen those and agree with most other Sabres fans who feel it's better than the "slug" itself, but it just seems like there isn't much you can do with that thing to really improve it. Anywhere besides on the jerseys it just doesn't look good. I'll admit that Quinn was telling the truth when he promised the logo would look better on the jerseys, 'in context' so to speak but come on... couldn't they have just come up with something better?

Yeah, I was browsing around on another forum and saw it and thought it was cool too, so I saved it and used it as mine here.

I have 4 jerseys (all authentic):

1. early 90's Penguins road jersey Ronnie Francis #9. Yes, #9. When he was traded to Pittsburgh in March of '91, somebody already had #10, so he wore #9 his first year with the Pens. Somebody gave me this jersey.

2. Team Canada Mario Lemieux white jersey

3. Pittsburgh mid 90's third jersey (later became road jersey) Mario Lemieux

4. current Pittsburgh home (black) jersey, Mario Lemieux

I have one other jersey I would like to have, preferably authentic: An early 90's Pittsburgh road jersey with the diagonal "Pittsburgh" across the chest.

-Brian

bribenn@cavtel.net

i have 28 Devils jerseys, a mixture of authentics, replicas, practice, practice used, all-star game...

2 Oilers

1 Thrashers

1 Kings (the sweet Black one from the Gretzky era)

1 Montreal Maroons

1 Albany River Rats

1 Boston College (Guerin)

3 European

eventually i will have a jersey from every team... once my fiance and i build our own house, one of the guest bedrooms will be the "hockey room". the jerseys will be hung up locker room style, and there will be all our memorabilia in there. that's still a few years away, but i keep planning!

i have 28 Devils jerseys, a mixture of authentics, replicas, practice, practice used, all-star game...

2 Oilers

1 Thrashers

1 Kings (the sweet Black one from the Gretzky era)

1 Montreal Maroons

1 Albany River Rats

1 Boston College (Guerin)

3 European

eventually i will have a jersey from every team... once my fiance and i build our own house, one of the guest bedrooms will be the "hockey room". the jerseys will be hung up locker room style, and there will be all our memorabilia in there. that's still a few years away, but i keep planning!

I know it is a ways away, but that would be cool to see pictures of once it is done.

lol yeah- i can't wait to see it myself!

hardwood floors, painted to look like the ice... hooks with jerseys neatly hanging, penants as the boarders.... there are so many ideas!

Too many. Well, that's what my wife would say, at least. :) I really should inventory them, but they fill two closets and several rubbermaid storage bins. I'd guess around 100 hockey, 100 baseball, 25 football, five soccer, but I'm probably underestimating.

Too many. Well, that's what my wife would say, at least. :) I really should inventory them, but they fill two closets and several rubbermaid storage bins. I'd guess around 100 hockey, 100 baseball, 25 football, five soccer, but I'm probably underestimating.

Again, WOW. That is quite impressive as well. Oh and you can never have too many.

###### DesertRat, that's one hellava collection, guess I have been dethroned by the new jersey king :lol:

###### DesertRat, that's one hellava collection, guess I have been dethroned by the new jersey king :lol:

Yeah, it would appear that way. You got work to do to reclaim your title.

Thanks. I would be more impressed with my claim if I presented the data to back it up. That will be a project, which will take me a while. I have a reputation, where people who know who I am think I have 'every team'. Ha, no, it's easier to tell people whose shirts I don't have then whose I do have.

• 2 weeks later...

i have around 80 hockey jerseys, 99% flyers. i like the weird jerseys... like mark howe, poulin, brashear... not your typical gagne, leclair, forsberg that everyone and their mother has in the area. ive gotten most of them on ebay... another good chunk here. 2 of them have my name and number on the back... i still need to get the away jersey done.

2 USA jerseys with my name and number from the great craftsmen and women at icejerseys

i have 3 authentic eagles jerseys i got on ebay.

1 authentic phillies jersey and 1 replica courtesy ebay.

my problem is... i like to wear them. every now and then though ill get a jersey on ebay that would be just for collection, not wearing... like my dave poulin jersey is a large, but it was made in 1980something, with the air holes the size of your eyes.

once i get money though ill be making 80s jerseys from here... like a pelle lindbergh jersey but ill order it from icejerseys so itll be a 2006 jersey with a 1985 name on it. not the same, but most people wouldnt notice ;)

i have around 80 hockey jerseys, 99% flyers. i like the weird jerseys... like mark howe, poulin, brashear... not your typical gagne, leclair, forsberg that everyone and their mother has in the area. ive gotten most of them on ebay... another good chunk here. 2 of them have my name and number on the back... i still need to get the away jersey done.

2 USA jerseys with my name and number from the great craftsmen and women at icejerseys

i have 3 authentic eagles jerseys i got on ebay.

1 authentic phillies jersey and 1 replica courtesy ebay.

my problem is... i like to wear them. every now and then though ill get a jersey on ebay that would be just for collection, not wearing... like my dave poulin jersey is a large, but it was made in 1980something, with the air holes the size of your eyes.

once i get money though ill be making 80s jerseys from here... like a pelle lindbergh jersey but ill order it from icejerseys so itll be a 2006 jersey with a 1985 name on it. not the same, but most people wouldnt notice ;)

Sounds like the most impressive one team collection we have here.