How many do you own?

lafountain

My collection is now up to 9 whole jerseys (2 replicas, 7 authentics). For a guy who only makes $7.30 an hour, I'm not doing too bad. :lol:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My collection is now up to 9 whole jerseys (2 replicas, 7 authentics). For a guy who only makes $7.30 an hour, I'm not doing too bad. :lol:

wow the healthcare system in the US has gone to crap if a Doctor is making only $7.30 an hour! :D

• 3 weeks later...
My ~45 jerseys are all in the closet in the home office, where our computers are. Nice part about having 4 bedrooms in the house is 4 closets! :)

Agreed. I just moved in to a place with 3 other guys I've been friends with my whole life now that we are done with college. I didn't want to pay more for the master bedroom so I got one of the regular sized rooms and it was essentially decided that I should get the bedroom with the mini walk in closet so I would have room for my ~85 jerseys. The whole top rail is my jerseys, if I was in any other room I wouldn't have space for my street/work clothes!

• 2 months later...

I have 21 NHL jerseys. Surprisingly, only 1 is an authentic, and only 1 is customized. But there is a great story as to how I acquired them.

With the RBK Edge jerseys coming in last year, a lot of retailers liquidated there merchandise to used sporting goods stores. One in particular had a bin of jerseys for sale last december-january. I got 3 jerseys from that bin, The Kings recent 3rd purple with the crown up front and the shield on the shoulders. But what made this so special were the other 2 I managed to acquire....in one visit no less. First was the authentic. It was a 2005-06 New York Islanders RBK Authentic white (road) for get this, $45. Not done yet. The customized one was the one that blew me away, just for it's shear rareity...especially in Calgary. A New York Rangers Koho Darius Kasparitis #72, also for $45. With tax, that trip cost me just shy of $100. A real steal if you ask me. Unfortunately my luck ran out when I went away for christmas, only to return and find out I was about 2 days late on the Columbus Blue Jackets Authentic 3rd jersey, one that I've wanted for some time.

I also have 17 international or club soccer jerseys

• 1 month later...

used to have well over 20-25, now I have eight. Sold them to get some money for school! Will be nice to be graduated soon with a real income so I can start up again.

My small but rapidly growing collection - 15 at home and another eBay find on the way. Man, there are some impressive collections out there. Talk about jersey envy! I wouldn’t even have as many as I do now if it weren’t for finding super deals out there at the right times (I have a taste for authentics now that I've seen the differences).

Blackhawks

Rbk Edge – four blanks (2 red for Kane and Toews rookie year with WWW patch, 1 black for Versteeg, and 1 white for someone I have yet to choose)

Rbk 6100 red - #43 Wisniewski, #37 Burish (plus two blanks – one for #10 Sharp and one I’m working on trading right now)

Pro Player black #10 Amonte (with NHL 2000 patch)

Pro Player white replica – blank (#24 Probert, unless I can find a correct period CCM, Nike or PP authentic in time for his February signing in Chicago)

CCM white ultrafil - blank (probably #28 Larmer, or maybe #23 Grimson)

TBTC (CCM airknit reproduction)- #30 Belfour (with NHL 75th anniversary patch)

Jofa green practice – blank

I also have a knock-off Bears #34 Payton that was given to me and a blank White Sox black replica, which will be replaced with authentics one of these days.

I've got the same Amonte jersey on its way here! Got it for 77$! I can't believe it, these black hawks jerseys are really rare.

I've got the same Amonte jersey on its way here! Got it for 77$! I can't believe it, these black hawks jerseys are really rare.

Awesome catch at that price. It is a sweet jersey, one of my favorites! It takes patience, but you sure can find some deals on eBay sometimes.

Awesome catch at that price. It is a sweet jersey, one of my favorites! It takes patience, but you sure can find some deals on eBay sometimes.

I love the jersey and got a new appreciation for it. The detailing in the logo is simply incredible. I had no idea this is how they do it!

I'm up to 23 NHL jerseys (only 3 are authentic and 7 are still blank), but I also have 1 Alexander Semin Lada Togliatti jersey, 1 Minnesota Moose jersey, and 5 NFL jerseys.

As of today, my collection now stands at 413.

My newest addition is a white Nordiques that I'm going to have made into a Sundin with the NHL 75th anniversary patch, my all time favorite year for NHL jerseys.

I've sold a few lately, but have probably added some at about the same rate, if not slightly more. I hope my Winter Classic jersey arrives in time for the game on New Year's Day...

I also have 99 baseball jersey and 2 football for a total of 514. Yes, storage is an issue...

As of today, my collection now stands at 413.

My newest addition is a white Nordiques that I'm going to have made into a Sundin with the NHL 75th anniversary patch, my all time favorite year for NHL jerseys.

I've sold a few lately, but have probably added some at about the same rate, if not slightly more. I hope my Winter Classic jersey arrives in time for the game on New Year's Day...

I also have 99 baseball jersey and 2 football for a total of 514. Yes, storage is an issue...

Wow man, do you have an extra room for all of your 514 jersey? I'd love to see some pics of how your collection is stored.

JeffB, just checked out your collection... absolutely amazing.

The Brodeur vintage Devils and those Palffy Isles jerseys are phenomenal.

My small but rapidly growing collection - 15 at home and another eBay find on the way. Man, there are some impressive collections out there. Talk about jersey envy! I wouldn’t even have as many as I do now if it weren’t for finding super deals out there at the right times (I have a taste for authentics now that I've seen the differences).

Blackhawks

Rbk Edge – four blanks (2 red for Kane and Toews rookie year with WWW patch, 1 black for Versteeg, and 1 white for someone I have yet to choose)

Rbk 6100 red - #43 Wisniewski, #37 Burish (plus two blanks – one for #10 Sharp and one I’m working on trading right now)

Pro Player black #10 Amonte (with NHL 2000 patch)

Pro Player white replica – blank (#24 Probert, unless I can find a correct period CCM, Nike or PP authentic in time for his February signing in Chicago)

CCM white ultrafil - blank (probably #28 Larmer, or maybe #23 Grimson)

TBTC (CCM airknit reproduction)- #30 Belfour (with NHL 75th anniversary patch)

Jofa green practice – blank

I also have a knock-off Bears #34 Payton that was given to me and a blank White Sox black replica, which will be replaced with authentics one of these days.

Bear, do you live in Chicago, and do you get anything at Hawk Quarters. That place is a must visit for me when I go to Chicago. I love that place even though I am a Wings fan.

Bear, do you live in Chicago, and do you get anything at Hawk Quarters. That place is a must visit for me when I go to Chicago. I love that place even though I am a Wings fan.

I'm about a 40 minute drive from downtown Chicago. I've only been to HawkQuarters three or four times (Parking is a real pain)

I love it too, and have to bring a friend with me to be the voice of reason. Otherwise I'd walk out with maxed credit cards and half the store! So far I've only picked up a couple of hats and the green practice jersey. I kept waiting for them to restock the Wisniewski player t-shirt in my size but finally gave up and found one at TTS. I also want to grab a couple of sticks to display on a wall with other Hawks stuff. I've been thinking its about time for another trip. Just to look around, of course ^_^

BTW, they just changed the name for god knows what reason. Its now "The Blackhawks Store." Personally, I thought "HawkQuarters" rocked and didn't need to be changed. Still the same neat stuff inside though.

• 1 year later...

this thread has been dead for a long time, but since I finally got around to

doing a body count I figured I'd resurrect it.

As of this weekend, I have 140 jerseys. 4 game worn, 2 game issued, 6 replicas and 128 authentics.

I plan on cataloging them on paper first, with a spreadsheet so I can track patches, N&N, blanks, brands, etc...

does that number include your fakes too?

Yes

So how many REAL jerseys do you have then. minus the garbage.

Total as of 7/28/2010 @ 5:21pm EST

Hockey

Game-worn/issued: 51

Authentic: 74

Replica: 2

Baseball

Game-worn/issued: 1

Authentic: 25

Football

Authentic: 8

Wow you guys got mad jerseys.

That's 414 jerseys in the last 3 guys postings total! (hannuvirta, Brilliant!, bjd624)

Crazy jerseys.