Jerome Iginla To Bruins

Wow, I didn't see this one coming. Iginla is a Bruin.

https://twitter.com/aaronward_nhl/status/317125242747232256

APPARENTLY WE'VE BEEN DUPED! MULTIPLE PEOPLE ON TWITTER ARE SAYING HE WAS TRADED TO THE PENGUINS! AND THE FLAMES THEMSELVES JUST CONFIRMED IT! WTF!

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/317146575606517760

^^^^ Actually they would have, they almost have the raw cap space now (a demotion to make space for Iggy would have done it), yes, but with prorated cap hits they had more than enough space, Thomas or no Thomas.

I am not surprised here at all, but I am surprised at the return. It's really meager. If I were a GM, I would not give out NMCs or NTCs to anyone. How many times are we going to see meager return for cornerstone players (although he will be a rental for Boston IMO) before management figures this out?

Though I am a Flyers fan and thus filled with animosity for every Eastern franchise, I actually thought Iginla would have been an awesome fit in Montreal. Toughness, leadership, experience, another 30-goal guy, two-way play, etc. Would have made them really strong contenders IMO. He is a nice addition for Boston, but I actually thought they would have done well to look more at defense. Still, the price was right for Iginla, great deal for them.

Even friggin SPORTSCENTER had Iginla traded to the Bruins. I don't know what happened, seems like an 11th hour deal.

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla

Neal-Malkin-Dupuis

Cooke-Sutter-Morrow

Im sad.

Do I even want the Isles to sneak into 8th at this point?

DAVID VOLEK

I still think Crosby is a whiner and a diver, that Marc-Andre Fleury is overrated and needs to lose that stupid soul patch but ...

I, for one, welcome our new Penguin overlords.

107l928.png

Rumors are coming out of Cowtown that Jarome nixed going to Boston. The deal was done, he was on his way and he declined. He really liked playing with Crosby in the Olympics. Sad to see him go, but they had to move him. He would not have re-signed next year. The better deal would have been with the Bruins. Who knows what will happen with these guys? My gut tells me not much. Iginla was part of the trade for Nieuwendyk, maybe they can catch lightning in a bottle again? Probably not. They should have made this deal last year and they would have gotten a little more for him. Good luck, Iggy!! You're going to be missed.

I still think Crosby is a whiner and a diver, that Marc-Andre Fleury is overrated and needs to lose that stupid soul patch

Nice to see someone has broken free from the Pens' mind control device (in association with the NHL). Couldn't agree more.