Nike Swift authentic customizing nameplate comparison

oxbo1690

I know that many people are complaining about not being able to find the proper Swift material for your nameplates. I have a few pictures of different customizing options on the Swift style so you can see what it looks like when trying to figure out your options. Feel free to add others if you have something different on your customized swift.

Here are three swift jerseys stacked together. The top two are authentics and the last one is a gamer.

P1010549-vi.jpg

Standard twill nameplate

P1010550-vi.jpg

Superfil (I think, not sure of the material) - customized by JerseyCity

P1010551-vi.jpg

Authentic Swift material from a gamer

P1010552-vi.jpg

In my opinion, the material on the Huberdeau jersey looks great and is a surprisingly great option when swift material is unavailable. Only problem is I dont know what material it is. Any idea on what it is? Also recognize that the letters ought to be glued down if you want accuracy and not sewn.

I know that RCS uses something different on their replicas as I used to own one and it matches well with the swift replica materials. Not sure what IceJerseys or EPS uses but I have hear that EPS has Swift material and possibly a dye sublimation machine but have not sent a jersey to them yet.

Please add other pictures of your customized authentic swifts and where you got them customized if you have them so we can get an idea of how they look.

Retail authentic with Swift nameplate, customized at Central Crests in Vancouver.

photo49_zps73c4c9b2.jpg

I wanted to get the letters heat-pressed instead of stitched, but for some reason they use different twill for both options. The heat-pressed twill appears to be thin so the red color from the nameplate shows through the twill, making the letters look pinkish. In the photo below (from Central Crests) the top nameplate is stitched, the bottom heat-pressed. I didn't want the letters to look pink, so I went with the stitched twill even if it's not on-ice accurate.

photo472_zps2be9ddfc.jpg

Central Crests is good if you have a Canada jersey but bad if you have other jerseys as they only have Canada swift material

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Superfil (I think, not sure of the material) - customized by JerseyCity

P1010551-vi.jpg

In my opinion, the material on the Huberdeau jersey looks great and is a surprisingly great option when swift material is unavailable. Only problem is I dont know what material it is. Any idea on what it is? Also recognize that the letters ought to be glued down if you want accuracy and not sewn.

aka Doubleknit poly

Is EPS good for a TOEWS lettering? And they have authentic swift nameplates? I'm looking to get one done up.

I've got a Crosby kit en-route as we speak. Will let you know how it turns out.

Spoiler alert: It's going to be awful.

Did you ask for twill name stitched or the therma whatever pressed on letters?

I asked for pressed letters only like on the gamers.

I have the kit and can confirm that EPS uses the correct swift material for the nameplates. Kit cost $50 + shipping compared to central crests which wanted $110 + cost of shipping jersey to them last time I inquired.

Just be careful on the EPS fonts....my Strome came out "meh" but they replaced it quickly and free of charge. Not 100%, but good enough.

Just be careful on the EPS fonts....my Strome came out "meh" but they replaced it quickly and free of charge. Not 100%, but good enough.

True. The arm numbers on my kit are no good but everything else was fine. I have twill and will re-do the arm numbers myself. I don't want to go through the trouble of EPS doing them again and hoping they're right.