Icethetics JerseyWatch 2013

The Icethetics blog finally has a new JerseyWatch post up, and some of the changes are very interesting. Some of the changes include a new alternate for the Sabres, Calgary swapping out their retro third, new home/away for Carolina (FINALLY!) and what most of us would consider sacrilege of the highest order - new home/away for the CANADIENS!

Seriously? New home/away for the Habs? How? Why?

Full article here:

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/5/1/nhl-jerseywatch-2013.html

I personally can't wait to see the new Hurricanes look, along with the long-awaited return to green for the Stars. I'm also curious why the Flames are dropping a jersey that's as close as you can get to perfection, but we'll see. I just hope they don't do black again.

The Flames third is one of the best jerseys in hockey. Would be a shame if they got rid of it

The Flames third is one of the best jerseys in hockey. Would be a shame if they got rid of it

I second this. Calgary should make their third the home jersey and create a white version for the road. Similar to what the Islanders did - go back to that vintage look. I can't imagine what the Flames will do if they decide to create a new third. The cat black third was kind of neat...

Also it's interesting that Pittsburgh will drop their third for 2013-2014. Ever since the third has been allowed in the EDGE era, the Penguins have gone with one. If they do make a new alternate jersey any time soon, I'd like a color other than blue. It's getting old. Why not go with a white third? Or a retro black? Go off the deep end with a vintage gold! Yeah, the Penguins have worn blue, but only for 12 seasons.... They've donned black and gold for over twice as long.

i bet they go gold with how well the Preds new gold jerseys have been received by the masses. That would be sweet if they did.

I would personally like to see them remake a gold jersey too. Loved that style in the early to mid-80s. With those jerseys would come the gold helmets, bring them back too!!

Dallas Stars announce they'll unveil their new uniform and logo on June 4.

Stars president Jim Lites: "We have been working diligently on a rebrand that is classic, simple and true-to-hockey."

It would be kinda sweet if the Pens did a shiny gold helmet like Notre Dame does for their helmets. But only with their current jerseys, not the retro style.

Hmm... that might make for an interesting combo. My mind tells me a true gold helmet would look better with the white jerseys than the blacks.

If Dallas wanted to win, they would have gone back to the pre-edge jerseys -- those were one of my all-time favorites. The new logo is probably best described by Matt, "Meh". It could have been better, could have been much worse. I would like to see the font package. Nonetheless, the jerseys will definitely be better than the current ones.

Also, the Hurricanes Instagram is posting teasers of their new jerseys

the new Stars design was supposed to be "classic, simple and true-to-hockey" but the more I look at it, the more the D-star looks like an energy drink or a motocross logo.

quickly moving from a "meh" to a "feh" in my book ...

If the font package is good, the logo/jerseys should be fine. Classic? No. Better? Yes.

You can't really go by that, though, when you consider that anything would be better than what they currently have. That doesn't necessarily make the logo, or the yet-to-be-seen jerseys good.

Can somebody link to the teasers for the 'Canes new look? I don't have Instagram nor do I have any idea how to navigate it.

Is that the crest or the shoulder patch? If that's the crest then I don't see how these sweaters are going to be a "completely new look" when they're still red. They should have done something that's actually different.

The latest 'Canes teaser actually looks really cool. I like the way they've worked black in, but is this a sleeve or a body they're showing? http://instagram.com/p/ZvLVLtr9uM/

Edit: Maybe it's a sock?

It's not a sock...not the right material. It's probably the sleeve

The other crest was obviously the main jersey crest...It wasn't proportioned correctly to be a shoulder patch. Also, they said the primary logo isnt changing.

That's going to be interesting. Red body with black sleeves? I can't wait to see these, it'll be nice having some different looks next season.

Im guessing it's the sleeve (near the elbow). I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like. But it could be the bottom of the jersey

Whatever it is, I like it and I'm interested to see what the whole thing looks like. I've been bored with the 'Canes current look since they left Hartford, so regardless it'll be a nice change of pace.