Buying first NHL Authentic Jersey - NEED HELP!

TML17

Hey guys and gals,

I'm purchasing my first customized authentic jersey and i need a little help with sizing. I'm spending 300+ dollars so i want to make sure i buy something that fits!.

I will be getting a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, but i cannot decide between a size 52 and 54 or 60. Those are the only sizes listed on the NHL SHOP website. I'm about 5'11 , 200 pounds. I'm guessing 52 or 54 would be good for me, but can someone tell me the differences between the two ? (if any).

Any help would be appreciated!

If you're patient, you can find blank authentic jerseys for a lot less than nhl shop's prices. For example, MeiGray has been listing a couple every week or two on ebay for a while starting at $50 or $75 .... ending less than $100. There's one listed by another seller for under $150 right now ... size 56. Those prices easily beat the nhl shops price for a blank. Then just send it to get customized, again usually at a price lower than what the nhl shop charges with higher quality of work.

As far as sizing, a lot of preference comes into play. How baggy or tight do you want it? Have you looked at the threads that compare the differences in 1.0 and 2.0 jerseys? Are there any stores nearby that sell authentic jerseys where you can try them on and find what works best for how you want it?

Size 60 (58+ in issued) are huge. Think Hal Gill, Zdeno Chara sized sweaters. I usually go for size 56 in edge 2.0 jerseys I intend to wear, but I like them with a looser fit and I'm 6ft, 185-190.

Hey guys and gals,

I'm purchasing my first customized authentic jersey and i need a little help with sizing. I'm spending 300+ dollars so i want to make sure i buy something that fits!.

I will be getting a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, but i cannot decide between a size 52 and 54 or 60. Those are the only sizes listed on the NHL SHOP website. I'm about 5'11 , 200 pounds. I'm guessing 52 or 54 would be good for me, but can someone tell me the differences between the two ? (if any).

Any help would be appreciated!

Just as the previous poster mentioned, its really hard to say which size to buy because its all about preference. For example, Im 6'5 and 215 pounds and I prefer a 52. Others who are 5 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter prefer a 56.

Do you have a premier? You can try to compare measurements between the two. I have XL premiers and as I mentioned prefer a 52 in authentic.

And dont buy whats on NHL.com. NHL.com will sell you a jersey made in Indonesia and not even close to being worth the price tag.

Buy one of these (made in Canada!) and get it customized. Its a fraction more, but the jersey itself is 10x better than the NHL.com garbage AND the customization will be completely stitched.

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Toronto-Maple-Leafs-12775/Toronto-Maple-Leafs-201213-Reebok-EDGE-Authentic-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-%28Made-in-Canada%29-p14960/?pstart=1

With customization it will be $339 vs $329 on NHL.com

If you can wait, check eBay and you may be able to save some money, but if you're looking to order ASAP, this is the price you will most likely have to pay

If you're patient, you can find blank authentic jerseys for a lot less than nhl shop's prices. For example, MeiGray has been listing a couple every week or two on ebay for a while starting at $50 or $75 .... ending less than $100. There's one listed by another seller for under $150 right now ... size 56. Those prices easily beat the nhl shops price for a blank. Then just send it to get customized, again usually at a price lower than what the nhl shop charges with higher quality of work.

As far as sizing, a lot of preference comes into play. How baggy or tight do you want it? Have you looked at the threads that compare the differences in 1.0 and 2.0 jerseys? Are there any stores nearby that sell authentic jerseys where you can try them on and find what works best for how you want it?

Size 60 (58+ in issued) are huge. Think Hal Gill, Zdeno Chara sized sweaters. I usually go for size 56 in edge 2.0 jerseys I intend to wear, but I like them with a looser fit and I'm 6ft, 185-190.

Just as the previous poster mentioned, its really hard to say which size to buy because its all about preference. For example, Im 6'5 and 215 pounds and I prefer a 52. Others who are 5 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter prefer a 56.

Do you have a premier? You can try to compare measurements between the two. I have XL premiers and as I mentioned prefer a 52 in authentic.

And dont buy whats on NHL.com. NHL.com will sell you a jersey made in Indonesia and not even close to being worth the price tag.

Buy one of these (made in Canada!) and get it customized. Its a fraction more, but the jersey itself is 10x better than the NHL.com garbage AND the customization will be completely stitched.

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Toronto-Maple-Leafs-12775/Toronto-Maple-Leafs-201213-Reebok-EDGE-Authentic-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-%28Made-in-Canada%29-p14960/?pstart=1

With customization it will be $339 vs $329 on NHL.com

If you can wait, check eBay and you may be able to save some money, but if you're looking to order ASAP, this is the price you will most likely have to pay

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm honestly not looking for something that baggy. I prefer it to fit decently, but at the same time not be like a T-shirt lol. Are the authentic jerseys on the NHL shop website 2.0 jerseys?

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm honestly not looking for something that baggy. I prefer it to fit decently, but at the same time not be like a T-shirt lol. Are the authentic jerseys on the NHL shop website 2.0 jerseys?

The jerseys on NHL.com will be made in Indonesia and not even remotely close to what is worn on the ice, despite it being titled as "authentic".

The link I posted to Icejerseys.com is a Reebok Edge 2.0 and is exactly what is worn on the ice.

The jerseys on NHL.com will be made in Indonesia and not even remotely close to what is worn on the ice, despite it being titled as "authentic".

The link I posted to Icejerseys.com is a Reebok Edge 2.0 and is exactly what is worn on the ice.

Awesome dude. Thanks for the heads up. I will def order it from icejersey then. In terms of sizing. If im looking for something not baggy, but good fit, would the 52 be best?

Awesome dude. Thanks for the heads up. I will def order it from icejersey then. In terms of sizing. If im looking for something not baggy, but good fit, would the 52 be best?

No worries at all. And you're definitely making the right choice going with Icejerseys over NHL.com

As for sizing, I think either the 50 or 52 that they have in stock will be good. The good news with these Reebok jerseys is that they are a tapered fit, not nearly as baggy as the older jerseys. I prefer a 52 but can wear a 50 or 54 and the difference isn't huge. All in all, I'd probably go for the 52 because it gives you a little more room to layer underneath with a hoodie or long sleeve during the colder months of the year.

No worries at all. And you're definitely making the right choice going with Icejerseys over NHL.com

As for sizing, I think either the 50 or 52 that they have in stock will be good. The good news with these Reebok jerseys is that they are a tapered fit, not nearly as baggy as the older jerseys. I prefer a 52 but can wear a 50 or 54 and the difference isn't huge. All in all, I'd probably go for the 52 because it gives you a little more room to layer underneath with a hoodie or long sleeve during the colder months of the year.

Awesome, so at 6'5 if the 2.0 Reebok edge is fitting you at 50, maybe i would be better off with a 50 over 52? Looking at the sizing charts on the website you provided it looks like there is barely any difference between the two though, 1/2 inch to an inch here and there, are they really close in size from what you have seen?

Ok there's asking for help and then there's just being a little lazy, haha.

Go to the link and put in your info. No one can tell you how much shipping will cost to you when we don't know where you live.

How much is it after shipping?

Ahh, Rivercity Sports. I sent those guys a lot of money over the years. Bought many of those mid-90's CCM jerseys from there. I was never disappointed with their stuff.

If this is your first jersey and you can afford to do it, I suggest buying the two sizes that you may fit and trying them both on at home. See which fit you like best and return the other jersey.

Put my order through last night.

Rough night for the Leafs tonight sigh............

But i was wondering if someone could tell me, IF the jersey doesn't fit like i want it too, would Icejersey allow me to exchange it for a different size??

I believe they will allow you to return it as long as it is in original condition. However, even if you got free shipping, I'm pretty sure they will charge you for the second shipment, and shipping the item back to them is also your responsibility.

If it isn't customized then you should be able to but as LAK74 said you will probably get dinged for shipping. Don't be surprised if the collar is a little tight. It's a standard feature of the Leafs (and Caps) jerseys.

I believe they will allow you to return it as long as it is in original condition. However, even if you got free shipping, I'm pretty sure they will charge you for the second shipment, and shipping the item back to them is also your responsibility.

Even if it is customized?

No, like Guam implied, you can't return it if it's customized, unless they totally screwed up the customization or sent you the wrong product (i.e., their fault).

No, like Guam implied, you can't return it if it's customized, unless they totally screwed up the customization or sent you the wrong product (i.e., their fault).

But if he doesn't like how a customized jersey fits he can post about it and blame everyone here like a certain Rags fan did.