Official Eastern Conference Thread

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what Atlanta gets for acquiring Tkachunk.

I don't see how it's possible for Atlanta to resign him given his playoff performance AND given the fact that they'd have to give St. Louis another first-round pick. Frankly, I don't think he's worth another first-rounder.

Well the second round is set now.

Buffalo vs NY Rangers

New Jersey vs Ottawa

The New Jersey/Ottawa series might be interesting to watch.

Next thing I gotta ask is -- Mach, how many games you gonna try to make it to at the Garden?

Well the second round is set now.

Buffalo vs NY Rangers

New Jersey vs Ottawa

The New Jersey/Ottawa series might be interesting to watch.

Next thing I gotta ask is -- Mach, how many games you gonna try to make it to at the Garden?

There is going to be a whole contingent of NYC Sabres fans trying to get into those games plus with regular Ranger fans amped up, tix are going to be tough to get.

I really, really, really really, want to see the Sens smoke the Devils. Is that bad of me?

I'll probably make game 4 for sure, and game 6 if there is one. Would love to have tickets to all 3 games at the Garden, but it's not in the budget and none of the usual connections are going to be passing on their own tickets to any of these games, so I won't be getting any kind of 'hook up' lol.

I really, really, really really, want to see the Sens smoke the Devils. Is that bad of me?

No way! I just became the worlds biggest Senators fan.

I'll probably make game 4 for sure, and game 6 if there is one.

Dude, how'd you get tickets?? I tried for about an hour when they were released a few weeks back and didn't get squat.

No way! I just became the worlds biggest Senators fan.

Ha ha- thanks for the support in my hatred! :thumbsup:

Tough to say as a Sabres fan but go Sens!

Believe me when I tell you that you're talking to the world's biggest Devils hater here. I honestly think my hatred for them is greater than my love for the Rangers. Here's hoping Ottawa puts it to them.

Believe me when I tell you that you're talking to the world's biggest Devils hater here. I honestly think my hatred for them is greater than my love for the Rangers. Here's hoping Ottawa puts it to them.

I liked the Devils when I found out why they were named the Devils, after the Jersey Devil legend. I'm really sick of watching Ottawa collapse, they remind me of the NHL's version of the Indianapolis Colts... Maybe this year they can put something together.

I liked the Devils when I found out why they were named the Devils, after the Jersey Devil legend. I'm really sick of watching Ottawa collapse, they remind me of the NHL's version of the Indianapolis Colts... Maybe this year they can put something together.

I think global warming is screwing with all of these sports teams.

The Colts and Red Sox winning championships? Maybe this will be the year Ottawa actually doesn't flame out! Or Buffalo wins a Championship either way bring on the flying pigs!

I think global warming is screwing with all of these sports teams.

The Colts and Red Sox winning championships? Maybe this will be the year Ottawa actually doesn't flame out! Or Buffalo wins a Championship either way bring on the flying pigs!

Just wait til October...should the Cubs win the World Series...oh wait...

That'll never happen, right? :unsure:

The Cubs will win the World Series in 2015 after beating Miami. 100-to-1 shot.

At least according the Back to the Future part II anyway...

The game was close last night but then the Sabres decided to shift into 5th gear there for 3 minutes and just ble the Rangers out of the water.

Mrmo to Rangers- stop taking so many penalties!

Granted, the Rangers didn't play well at all but the refs really seemed one-sided in that game. There were some weak calls against the Rangers and a lot of similiar ones NOT called against Buffalo. I'm not complaining about the Rangers losing because they didn't play to win but I think the league has to look at the refs at some point after this year. I really haven't been too impressed with their performances thus far in the playoffs.

Granted, the Rangers didn't play well at all but the refs really seemed one-sided in that game. There were some weak calls against the Rangers and a lot of similiar ones NOT called against Buffalo. I'm not complaining about the Rangers losing because they didn't play to win but I think the league has to look at the refs at some point after this year. I really haven't been too impressed with their performances thus far in the playoffs.

I agree generally with your statement about the refs but some of those holding calls were justified last night- you can't take your hand off the stick and put it on the player. The Rangers have to get more physical...

Caught a bit of the Sens/Devs game last night -- proof that there's just too much black/red/white in team uniforms! :D

haha- you are right! I was happy as a clam when the Sens got up 4-0 in the 1st and almost had a heart attack for the rest of the game. The fact that the Sens DIDN'T fold I think means that they are a different team then we have seen in the past. If they win, they will make a very tough out the rest of the way.

Heh...get this. I was working out while watching that Sens-Devils game last night during the first period. As I had the barbell up in the middle of one of my reps, the Sens scored the SH goal and I just broke out laughing, lost control of the bar and wrenching my wrist in the process. I can barely make a fist or move my hand in certain motions today but it was certainly worth it!

Heh...get this. I was working out while watching that Sens-Devils game last night during the first period. As I had the barbell up in the middle of one of my reps, the Sens scored the SH goal and I just broke out laughing, lost control of the bar and wrenching my wrist in the process. I can barely make a fist or move my hand in certain motions today but it was certainly worth it!

OUCH!!!

2otwin-vi.jpg

Good Lord what a game....

Get THIS:

I go to game 3 (section 131 row E), watch the Rangers win in double OT, pick up a home Prucha jersey, stand outside MSG for roughly 2 hours, meet Ales Kotalik, Jaroslav Spacek, and Thomas Vanek briefly as the exit, have a ~5 minute conversation with Chris Drury and Jason Pominville while the Sabres are loading up their bus, and (Still shaken up about this one...) have a 1-2 minute talk with Jaromir Jagr, before he hopped in his Mercedes with a gorgeous blond gal and sped off (not before signing for about a dozen fans). Didn't ask for any autographs, just a cool experience.