Official Western Conference Thread

Well to be fair, they don't match up well at all with the Sharks. San Jose's size has proven that it can easily outmatch Nashville's speed and then counter with their own speed. I'm not sure the series will end tonight but I do think San Jose is gonna win.

Dallas and Vancouver got interesting last night. I'd like to see the Stars win Game 6 just to make the Canuck fans sweat a little bit.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be fair, they don't match up well at all with the Sharks. San Jose's size has proven that it can easily outmatch Nashville's speed and then counter with their own speed. I'm not sure the series will end tonight but I do think San Jose is gonna win.

Dallas and Vancouver got interesting last night. I'd like to see the Stars win Game 6 just to make the Canuck fans sweat a little bit.

:thumbsup: GO SAN JOSE!!! That was a pretty entertaining game. The sad thing for the Preds is, is their coach gonna get canned? I really think he's done a great job with the team since he's been there.

Vlasic is continuing to impress me whenever I watch him play.

Boy, I don't know about Trotz. He's reminiscant of a Joel Quennville who'll be a fantastic caoch in the regular season but just can't seem to get over the hump in the playoffs. This is the third straight year Nashville's been in the playoffs and they have YET to win a game on the road. That's not very good. I've been hearing whsipering about Chris Mason possibly becoming the starter next year instead of Vokoun. I don't know what to make of that.

Canucks-Ducks and Red Wings-Sharks. I am really wanting to see a California Western Conference final! That was an awesome game on April 4th and I think that could be one heckuva series.

Based on how the team are playing, I would LOVE to see a Sharks/Ducks WCF. That thing would be brutal! That being said, I am really looking forward to the Red Wings Sharks series, I think the Sharks are playing to knock people on their butts and then score goals with their top forwards (in that order) :thumbsup:

An all-California WCF would be great for West Coast hockey and really the sport in general. Getting two markets that big involed in something so meaningful is almost the equivalent of a Rangers-Islanders Conference Final. It'd be a good shot in the arm for the NHL around the country not to mention a GREAT series. That being said, I'm pulling for the Canucks over the Ducks...I can't root for a Disney team.

An all-California WCF would be great for West Coast hockey and really the sport in general.

I couldn't agree more! Bring on a Cali final!

Haha, I used to say that all the time. Once Disney put the team up for sale and a good nucleus was getting put together, I started to like them.

As long as they're the Anaheim Ducks, they'll always be 'Mighty' cartoonish to me.

Haha, I used to say that all the time. Once Disney put the team up for sale and a good nucleus was getting put together, I started to like them.

As long as they're the Anaheim Ducks, they'll always be 'Mighty' cartoonish to me.

I like Ducks as animals, they are humorous to me for some reason. I think that's why I took to the team. Of course hearing hundreds of fans with duck calls can get quite annoying at a game... I absolutely HATED the movie growing up.

They were shooting back hard tonight! Luongo got pulled after the fourth goal for Sabourin. That was an interesting game. Andy Mac with the hat trick.

I like Ducks as animals, they are humorous to me for some reason. I think that's why I took to the team. Of course hearing hundreds of fans with duck calls can get quite annoying at a game... I absolutely HATED the movie growing up.

They were shooting back hard tonight! Luongo got pulled after the fourth goal for Sabourin. That was an interesting game. Andy Mac with the hat trick.

The Ducks keep rolling. After their manhandling of Minn and now beating up on the Nucks I think they are the class of the West so far.

The Ducks keep rolling. After their manhandling of Minn and now beating up on the Nucks I think they are the class of the West so far.

I would've loved to have been able to see the San Jose game tonight, sounds like it was pretty good. I respect the Red Wings, but am so sick of them winning I'm for anyone who can beat them (unless they play Nashville or Vancouver). To me it was like Michael Schumacher and Ferrari in F1, they are good and you respect their skill, but its REALLY fun rooting against them.

Saw the last 10 minutes of the Detroit/San Jose game and it reminded me a lot of Edmonton vs Detroit last year where Detroit was just outmatched physically and they could not answer it. If they can't learn to play physical teams in the playoffs, it is gonna be tough to win anything.

They were being held to the perimeter again, and I saw that Lang was being lazy (again) <_<

It's okay to have two goals scored against....as long as we score 3 or more! And what the hell happened to Samuelsson? He used to be useful.....

The Sharks showed me in their series against Nashvegas that they have the offensive power and the physical defensiveness to be considered the real deal in the West. Lang just hasn't been the same player over the last 2 seasons.

Hey, does anyone know what the potential game dates will be for the final? I'm going to be in San Jose June 3-7, and if the Sharks make it, would love to get to a game.

Hey, does anyone know what the potential game dates will be for the final? I'm going to be in San Jose June 3-7, and if the Sharks make it, would love to get to a game.

I think the way the schedule is playing out- there should be games that first week in June so your odds are excellent if the Sharks make it (I am personally rooting for an all Cali WCF).

*sigh* Another night of watching the box score on cnnsi.com... I'm having a bad track record of missing their games, they all occur right in the middle of my work night.

Down 1-0 after 1 and to come back on that sick goal in the third wow! I think the Sharks just put themselves in the driver's seat after that win...

Well another sad end to the canucks' season. Here's to next year and better endings.

As for the Sharks or Wings after tonight it's looking like the Wings could take it on Monday.

Well another sad end to the canucks' season. Here's to next year and better endings.

As for the Sharks or Wings after tonight it's looking like the Wings could take it on Monday.

What happened to the Sharks. I was gearing up for an all Cali WCF and they have fallen apart. At least if its Ducks/Detroit some of the start times will be more humane.

It's okay to have two goals scored against....as long as we score 3 or more! And what the hell happened to Samuelsson? He used to be useful.....

Looks like Samuelsson responded. He had a magic touch last night. Congrats man, the Wings are looking a lot better than I thought they would.

What happened to the Sharks. I was gearing up for an all Cali WCF and they have fallen apart. At least if its Ducks/Detroit some of the start times will be more humane.

Yeah that's a good point. The game times will probably be 8pm EST in Detroit and 9pm EST in Anaheim. It's only fair.