Official Western Conference Thread

I gotta give it to Detroit, they may trick you into thinking they could be towards the end of the line of their success. Then they go and have a postseason like this one. I was really impressed with them in the last two games against San Jose. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they handle the Ducks.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta give it to Detroit, they may trick you into thinking they could be towards the end of the line of their success. Then they go and have a postseason like this one. I was really impressed with them in the last two games against San Jose. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they handle the Ducks.

With all due respect to Detriot and their surprising run so far, I think it will come down to how the Ducks handle the Wings not the other way around. I can't believe what I am seeing when I watch the Ducks control the blue line like they do. Even if a team dumps and chases, the Ducks have guys back to clear. The Ducks dictate the flow of the game unlike almost any other team. It should be a hell of a series.

With all due respect to Detriot and their surprising run so far, I think it will come down to how the Ducks handle the Wings not the other way around. I can't believe what I am seeing when I watch the Ducks control the blue line like they do. Even if a team dumps and chases, the Ducks have guys back to clear. The Ducks dictate the flow of the game unlike almost any other team. It should be a hell of a series.

The Ducks are quite entertaining to watch. I saw somewhere that Niedermayer and Pronger played over 59 minutes combined in one game, plus with Giguere. They are scary.

Nice game tonight! Chelios and Scott Niedermayer were starting to butt heads and Scott had a great shot in OT to win it. I didn't even realize the thing went in at first. I saw somewhere that Anaheim was 0-11 on the powerplay against Detroit. That's GOTTA change if they want to win it. So far this is an awesome series. I think it goes 7.

Nice game tonight! Chelios and Scott Niedermayer were starting to butt heads and Scott had a great shot in OT to win it. I didn't even realize the thing went in at first. I saw somewhere that Anaheim was 0-11 on the powerplay against Detroit. That's GOTTA change if they want to win it. So far this is an awesome series. I think it goes 7.

Really surprised about the game 1 result and man- how many freaking video replays in game 2- I am loving this series!

Good Job by the Ducks. Let's see if they can stay out of the box and pickup the two at Honda Center.

The only reason the Ducks are down 2-1 and not 3-0 is a questionable goal review in game 2. Yes, the puck did cross the line on top of Hasek, after coming out of his pads, but I find it INCREDIBLY hard to believe that the whistle hadn't blown and the play wasn't dead at that point. Unfortunately, according to the VS broadcast, once a goal goes for review, the whistle no longer matters and they're only looking to see whether it crossed the line.

It could be very well 2-1 Anaheim as well because of some of the bounces that Detroit got in game 1. Let's see if the Ducks are motivated by this.

It could be very well 2-1 Anaheim as well because of some of the bounces that Detroit got in game 1. Let's see if the Ducks are motivated by this.

I like a lot of the young guys on Anaheim and have always been a fan of Giguere and the Neidermeyers, but I honestly think that beyond their physical play, the Ducks are getting out played. Detroit might have had some lucky bounces, but Giguere was pretty good aside from being yanked in game 3 and Detroit just looks like they've shifted it into the correct gear at the right time. The 5-0 win could prove to be fuel for Anaheim to come back hard, or it could be the beginning of Detroit getting hot. If Detroit is about to go on a tear, it's at the right time, considering it they only need 2 wins to be in the SCF and Ottawa might wrap their series up tonight. Going hot leading righ into the SCF can't be a bad thing.

I think if Detroit wins this series...they will win it all this year. They are really good right now.

If they can beat the Ducks, they can beat anyone. Still, with the Sens firing on all cylinders it would be a hell of a series.

Ducks put a solid forward tonight with out Pronger and tie things up.

Hoping the Ducks can finish off the Wings.

In Game 5 the Ducks were outplayed the entire game, but Giguere kept them in it and allowed them to pull out the victory. I think I would enjoy a Ducks/Senators Final more than a Wings/Senators final.

Hoping the Ducks can finish off the Wings.

In Game 5 the Ducks were outplayed the entire game, but Giguere kept them in it and allowed them to pull out the victory. I think I would enjoy a Ducks/Senators Final more than a Wings/Senators final.

I have to agree, I think the Ducks/Sens would be better overall. They (Ducks) got lucky today!

The Ducks are completely outplaying the Wings in Game 6. 3-0 after 2. 20 minutes away from playing for the Cup.

Zetteberg puts one past Giguere to make it 3-1. Detroit is playing very hard here in the 3rd, guess they realized they have no tomorrow if they lose.

That was a fun 3rd period to watch. Glad the Ducks could hold the Wings off. I am really looking forward to the Ducks/Senators for the Cup.

Congrats Ducks. Go get that cup.

Congrats Ducks. Go get that cup.

At least I got 6 points tonight for the playoff pool, though I think I'm too far out of the competition at 27th to actually stand a chance. Lost it when the Sabres went down - I intentionally chose no sens and several Sabres based on the gamble that the Sabres would be the team from the east.

At least I got 6 points tonight for the playoff pool, though I think I'm too far out of the competition at 27th to actually stand a chance. Lost it when the Sabres went down - I intentionally chose no sens and several Sabres based on the gamble that the Sabres would be the team from the east.

Playoff pool? I was in last place in that thing since the first week!

I was in 1st for 9 days when SJ and NJ got knocked out I tanked. I'm in 24th with only Pronger & Spezza left.

I was in 1st for 9 days when SJ and NJ got knocked out I tanked. I'm in 24th with only Pronger & Spezza left.

I'm in 27th with Selanne, Getzlaf, Pronger and Neidermeyer left. If NJ or Buffalo had made it from the East, I'd have 4 or 5 more guys, and that wouldn't have been so bad.