Chicago Blackhawks edge 2.0 question

Skid Mark

Can anyone help me out with some definitive info on sizing for the 2.0 7287 (not the Indo)? I have seen 3 or 4 different charts that all have different measurements. I am looking at either a 52 or a 54. I have heard from one guy that the 52 fits more like a true 50 (25") and from another like a 54 (27") and don't know who exactly to believe as I have never tried one on myself. If they run smaller than numbered (ie a 52 is less than 26") I would go with a bigger size, but if they run larger then I don't want to be totally swimming in something. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the sides of the jersey are somewhat tapered, I think the width measurement one gets depends a lot on what part of the jersey one measures from. I only have one 2.0 in a size 52, and if you measure the width from just below pit level, where it's at its narrowest, it's around 25". But if you go a little higher and measure from the innermost gusset points, it's closer to 26 1/2". Also, 2.0's come in different cuts, which could account for some variance in measurements.

image_zps5b43c8d2.jpg

image_zps52e74005.jpg

(In the second picture, the zero mark of the ruler was placed on the other side of the jersey at the same point that corresponds to the 26 1/2" mark visible in the picture.)

Can anyone help me out with some definitive info on sizing for the 2.0 7287 (not the Indo)? I have seen 3 or 4 different charts that all have different measurements. I am looking at either a 52 or a 54. I have heard from one guy that the 52 fits more like a true 50 (25") and from another like a 54 (27") and don't know who exactly to believe as I have never tried one on myself. If they run smaller than numbered (ie a 52 is less than 26") I would go with a bigger size, but if they run larger then I don't want to be totally swimming in something. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

All my game worn 2.0's are size 58. Here is the size of a 58 Edge 2.0, laying flat it measures 29" arm pit to pit, about 6" down the jersey does taper down to 28". That would be just below the bottom of most front crests. Hopefully others can chime in on the smaller sizes.

My measurements came from game worn jerseys, I'm guessing that would be the Canadian 2.0's in the retail world. Not the Indo. Earlier in this thread somebody did state there were very slight differences between a game worn and a Retail Canadian 2.0 but I would have to imagine that the measurements are going to be very close.

My NYR Winter Classic 2.0 is a 46 and it measures around 23" across

Wish I was able to find a 50. Even the overpriced ones on ebay aren't that small.

IJ is all sold out now, I checked last night....

I bought a 50 and a 52 several months ago, and found a coupon code on retailmenot for 10% before the playoff started. I will be sending them to City Sports Lettering soon for customization.

Wish I was able to find a 50. Even the overpriced ones on ebay aren't that small.

I think JerseyBaron just listed a bunch of new ones, including 50s, if you want to shell out 450 for them...

Jersey Baron is a rip off..... Overpriced... I talked to someone at IJ yesterday and he said they were hoping to have more Blackhawks 2.0 jerseys in August from Reebok sometime (more sizes). FINGERS CROSSED.... They have some road jerseys now, but all sized 58 i believed.

IJ had 54 road ones but sold out in a snap, I am getting a Keith SCF done up. If the customization is off I guess I will send to EPS to fix it.

Jersey Baron is a rip off..... Overpriced... I talked to someone at IJ yesterday and he said they were hoping to have more Blackhawks 2.0 jerseys in August from Reebok sometime (more sizes). FINGERS CROSSED.... They have some road jerseys now, but all sized 58 i believed.

I don't think those road jerseys are 2.0's.

• 1 year later...

[edit...found a sizing thread, but open to opinions here too]

Bumping an old thread, as its kinda on topic...

Can anyone help clear up some sizing of a 7287 2.0 vs Indo? Got a 2.0 hawks black '08 third from jerseybaron, but is a bit bigger than hoped. A friend's possibly shrunk indo (early 1.0? style) 50 is a perfect fit, so curious if a 46 2.0 might be more suitable, or significantly too small. I have several sz medium premier jerseys, would prefer the fit slightly smaller than those.

Just found this site today, and blown away the indos are avail here for $200. Wish there were more 7287's in stock, only showing sz60, but @ $300 an amazing price.

Thanks

Edited by Sitdown

Is the Hawks 3rd you bought a size 50? (You didn't say for sure.) Also, it will help if you let us know your height and weight.

Ok, gonna answer all the questions I know about what has been posted

Hawks use edge material for their nameplates

City sports does their lettering but charges extra for edge nameplates

I picked a Hawks 2.0 off a private seller for 200$ so there is a slim chance to find a deal.

The stitching on Triple threat jerseys is hit or miss

Had 1 or 2 come back a bit wavy, nothing major

Wait time is my only other thing, not terribly long but if they say 4 weeks it could be 2 weeks or 8 weeks as they do get very busy around Christmas and playoffs

I've made a 52 edge jersey into 5 nameplates, ranging in length from like 10 inches up to 22 inches

I know it's bad to plug myself on here but I letter up jerseys. I'll post my link bellow, it has pics of some jerseys I've done including my Hawks keith 2.0

https://www.facebook.com/MidwestSportsLettering

Edited by aroomadoomie

I picked a Hawks 2.0 off a private seller for 200$ so there is a slim chance to find a deal.

I've made a 52 edge jersey into 5 nameplates, ranging in length from like 10 inches up to 22 inches

I know it's bad to plug myself on here but I letter up jerseys. I'll post my link bellow, it has pics of some jerseys I've done including my Hawks keith 2.0

So you bash a competitor only to advertise your own business in return? Real professional. I wonder how many actual jerseys you've had done by Triple Threat since you're in business to do it yourself. I've had personally over 100 done and 4 sets for my hockey team done up by them (that comes to almost another 100). Only 2 jerseys in that bunch ever had to go back with errors and many others have had a lot of success with them. You probably want to leave the bashing out next time you try to promote your own business, it makes you look real bad.

Edited by MountainKing

Checked out your fb page. Good placement of the names and numbers but your stitching at corner turns aren't very clean. Start your stitching at the bottom right corner of the twill and make it consistent. Stitch right over the fight strap, not around it. And finally, use edge nameplate.

Jeremy has every right to attempt to start up his own business. But I don't agree with bashing the competition when your poopy smells like poopy. If your drumming up sales you need to be a bit more seasoned than a few kits here and there.

Jeremy has every right to attempt to start up his own business. But I don't agree with bashing the competition when your poopy smells like poopy. If your drumming up sales you need to be a bit more seasoned than a few kits here and there.

I'm all for people starting up a business, but if your work is good it should stand on it's own without lame attempts to take down competition. In our area I've been in both City Sports and Triple Threat and they both speak very highly of each other as they should, they both do good work. I didn't look at his site but I guess it's amusing that he's doing the same thing he's calling TTS out for.

I went to tts for years probably got 20 jerseys done by them and for the most part they were very good. My comment was only speaking to the stitching of tts. Every once in a while you get one back that's a bit wavy or something. I'm not saying they're bad, I've just had a problem here or there, rarely, that's all. Also thanks for the tips on how to make mine look better :-)

Checked out your fb page. Good placement of the names and numbers but your stitching at corner turns aren't very clean. Start your stitching at the bottom right corner of the twill and make it consistent. Stitch right over the fight strap, not around it. And finally, use edge nameplate.

I did use the edge nameplate on the keith jersey but that was the first time I did. Keith number is also above the fight strap because it's a 60 so it's a bit longer

The number font on your Keith Winter Classic-style third is wrong.

What makes you think that? And it's not a wc style 3rd, it is a wc jersey, authentic edge 1.0

Because it is. They didn't use the same font for their winter classic jerseys.