CCM Authentics Flyers?

FlyersHockey1967

Hi everyone. As you can see, I am a big Flyers fan and with the season over, I could use some brightening up. My older sister (who's also a Flyers fan but likes the Eagles NFL team more) owns two Philly jerseys...which happen to be Forsberg's. They are an alternate and home replica.

(Just a little background info) Well, I've been getting into the jersey scene myself, my first one I got last year when said sister handed down her old Starter black jersey. At first, I felt great. That was before I started checking out sites like dropthepucks.com (what happened to them?), sportslogos.net, and this board. Then I realized it was a very inaccurate jersey because the arm has a thin black stripe and big orange one when the real jerseys have a thin orange stripe with a big black one. Not to mention it was pretty small. Later on I saw that the logo was actually stitched on and I saw the "zig-zag" stitch pattern on the back of the sleeves, both signs of authentics. However, no fight strap so I'm not sure whether it is a true one.

So, for my birthday in September, I've been thinking about purchasing an authentic Flyers jersey for myself. This 30% sale for eliminated teams (cry) caught my attention and I'm really close to making a decision. However, my first problem is who to get. I can't decide between my all-time favorite Flyer Ron Hextall, and my current favorite Mike Richards. Both are real examples of what a true Flyer is in my opinion (tough, gritty, sticks up for teammates and team), so I'm not sure which to choose. Secondly, I can't decide what jersey. I'm trying to get away from the black, but I can't stand the weird logo on the alternate (no matter how orange it is). So that leaves me with the white jersey.

But then here comes my third problem. If I choose Hextall, I would get really annoyed everytime I see a Reebok logo on the back of it. So here is my question: Would IceJerseys happen to have any left over CCM authentics? And if so, is there a chance any of them have the logo on the hemline? And if it were on the hemline, would the jersey quality be as good as the current authentics?

If I recall, the manufacturer logo didn't move under the collar on the back until 01-02. Not sure if IJ has been around that long though. Anyways, thanks for your time and sorry for the long post.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would get one of their young players like Richards, Carter, Pitkanen, Coburn, Potulny etc.

And if so, is there a chance any of them have the logo on the hemline?

If I can recall correctly, the jerseys with the logos sewn next to the CCM logo were the replicas. Didn't the authentics have the NHL shield next to it? I have an old authentic Nords jersey from that era and that's how it's laid out. Here's what it looks like:

And if so, is there a chance any of them have the logo on the hemline?

If I can recall correctly, the jerseys with the logos sewn next to the CCM logo were the replicas. Didn't the authentics have the NHL shield next to it? I have an old authentic Nords jersey from that era and that's how it's laid out. Here's what it looks like:

Interesting...But all I wanted to know was if the CCM logo itself was on the hemline.

It will be on the hem only if the jersey was produced before 2000 I think. Unfortunately, those older versions are tough to find...especially blank. Keep an eye out on eBay though because you might get lucky. I've gotten lucky with nice authentics on eBay a few times so you never know.

Oh boy, check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=300100292068

According to the description, it's an authentic orange vintage jersey! It has a fight strap, but is it really an authentic? I've asked about the crest and whether it's sewn in, but I forgot to ask what it was made of. Think anyone can figure out the material of the jersey? Can anyone tell if it's worth a buy?

a8a1_1.JPG

a9c0_1.JPG

aa81_1.JPG

Now, this leads me to the second question: Does IceJerseys have the numbering kit for this jersey? If not, where else could I go?

It looks real from those views but shots of the tags inside the neck would help. It looks like there's an 'NHL authentic center ice' logo on that tag but I can't tell. The CCM plus NHL logo on the hemline is a good sign though. But you know what? Even if it's not, I say go for it because it's a nice looking jersey and for that price, you can't beat it. Also, I don't think the Flyers have changed their letter/number template in quite a while have they?

Upon further inspection, the Flyers have changed their template. The old white insides are still used but not on the dark home. It looks like you could use the black trim from the away jersey and then the white inside from the black home jersey. I think they'd be able to do it. That'd be a real sharp jersey.

Apparently, the size is an XL (52), it's 100% polyster, the crest, according to the owner, feels like "satin", and is sewn in.

I'm not sure if anyone can take off the orange on the insides of the current home jersey numbers, but if it's possible to find just the white numbers and letters, that would be great. I'm not sure if the numbers on the sleeves also had the orange trim around it.

I think I'm going to go for it. I just hope I can find a place that can correctly customize it. Maybe exclusiveprosports.com can do it if IceJerseys doesn't have the kit.

Haven't the Flyers had a black trim around their white lettering/numbering for just about their whole history? What I was getting at was that IJ might be able to take the white lettering from the black jersey kit and lay it over the black trim from the away kit; thus giving you the old school touch you're looking for. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do it since they do sell the vintage dark jerseys and if one would be customized, that's the scheme that would be used.

Oops, you're right on the numbers, but as for the lettering, no. Here's an example of a 94-95 Lindros jersey:

949520phil20rd20lindrosmm3.th.jpg

As you can see, black trim around all the numbers, but none around the letters.

Here's what it should look like for a Hextall:

9697hextallbkxw4.th.jpg

And here's what the black version looks like:

9899hextallbnl6.th.jpg

So if the orange trim could be taken away from the white letters, I guess that would work. They'd probably have to try everything except making new letters, huh?

Since IJ does have those vintage oranges from 67, the sleeve numbers should match. Here's a pic:

e70s20phil20macliesh20nuk9.th.jpg

Oh, btw, I'm guessing the crest has a black outline around it, which is historically inaccurate, but I can live with it. I asked anyways. I also asked about the tags inside the neck, so I'll find out about it today.

Oh, btw, I'm guessing the crest has a black outline around it, which is historically inaccurate, but I can live with it. I asked anyways. I also asked about the tags inside the neck, so I'll find out about it today.

The eBay one? It doesn't look like there's a black outline around the crest. You might luck out with that jersey.

Jeez. I cannot effin believe this. Someone beat me on the auction with 2, that's right, TWO FREAKING SECONDS left.

That was probably the best authentic orange jersey that will ever come up on eBay, and I lost with two seconds left. No black outline, center ice tag, sewn in crest, CCM logo at the hemline, vintage orange. Gone.

That stinks sorry to hear. E-Bay is a double edged sword. Hopefully another will pop up and you won't get sniped.

Jeez. I cannot effin believe this. Someone beat me on the auction with 2, that's right, TWO FREAKING SECONDS left.

That was probably the best authentic orange jersey that will ever come up on eBay, and I lost with two seconds left. No black outline, center ice tag, sewn in crest, CCM logo at the hemline, vintage orange. Gone.

That really sucks! I try to stick to the Buy it Now section. I seem to have better luck there.

Yeah, well, I guess that's how it goes sometimes.

What do you think of this one?

fbae_1_b.JPG

I'm not sure whether the CCM's are better, but I think it's worth a try. I'm just not sure if there's an outline around the crest. Are the Starter jerseys replicas?

That particular Starter jersey is. You can tell because the Starter logo is on the sleeve and there's no 'Authentic Jersey' tag sewn on the inside of the collar. Also, there's a letterd size tag there instead of the numbered one.

Dude, I feel your pain. I've gotten outbid at the last second lots of times. Actually, last night I found a red Federov Red Wings jersey that was an AUTHENTIC Nike jersey. I was all set to bid on it when it was ending in about an hour but for some reason I went downstairs and just flat out FORGOT about the auction. I came back and it was already over...someone had won it for 60 bucks...SIXTY BUCKS!!! GAH!!!!!!

That particular Starter jersey is. You can tell because the Starter logo is on the sleeve and there's no 'Authentic Jersey' tag sewn on the inside of the collar. Also, there's a letterd size tag there instead of the numbered one.

Dude, I feel your pain. I've gotten outbid at the last second lots of times. Actually, last night I found a red Federov Red Wings jersey that was an AUTHENTIC Nike jersey. I was all set to bid on it when it was ending in about an hour but for some reason I went downstairs and just flat out FORGOT about the auction. I came back and it was already over...someone had won it for 60 bucks...SIXTY BUCKS!!! GAH!!!!!!

Ouch! Federov Nike Authentic? That hurts!

What do you think of this one?

fbae_1_b.JPG

I'm not sure whether the CCM's are better, but I think it's worth a try. I'm just not sure if there's an outline around the crest. Are the Starter jerseys replicas?

That Flyers one has the typical post-wash crest puckering of Starter replicas. It is definitely a Starter replica. Starter's quality was not the greatest, IMO.

OUCH!!!

That Flyers one has the typical post-wash crest puckering of Starter replicas. It is definitely a Starter replica. Starter's quality was not the greatest, IMO.

The replicas really were pretty lame. I have 3 of those...two Rangers and a white Capitals. For some reason, the material of the Caps one feels almost like the new Reeboks for next year. It feels NOTHING like the other replicas I have. It's always confused me ever since I bought it. I really like the authentics though. If you're going Starter, that's the way to go.