2013 Offseason

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DiPietro's career is finally over. He'll never get another contract, too many injuries and I don't think there's a goalie coach in the world who could fix him.

He is going to be given a front office job with the Isles if I had to guess.

Ill be honest. I dont hate the guy. I think the injuries were a result of not taking care of his body (there are rumors he abused steroids -- Sean Hill got busted the season before DP had his first major injury) but Im glad he can no longer be a distraction. DiPietro genuinely loves Long Island and the team. He committed to the franchise when nobody else would

I do feel sorry for Rick, having a career ravaged by injuries. It's easy to say "I'd be happy sitting about getting paid that much for doing nothing," but at heart he's a huge Islanders fan and I think he would rather be making his money from playing.

Plus he rocked a combo for a bit, Osgood's SK2000+HM30 no less. So, that's always a plus in my books!

127716444-copy.jpg

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

WSH puts Jeff Schultz on unconditional ($100) waivers for purposes of buyout. Ditto for NYI and Rick DiPietro.

“I wish we didn’t have them,” McPhee said. “I think in a lot of cases teams have done real bad deals or cheated a little bit and shouldn’t be able to get out of them. Because we haven’t done a lot of bad deals here, we haven’t cheated on contracts we haven’t had the back-diving deals. We never did that, didn’t think it was the right way to do business. But other teams did and they’ll get out of it, but that’s life.”
F(&^*** idiots.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will "genuinely love" Long Island too if you pay me $1.5M for the next 16 years to not play.

Pay me 10% of that and I'll genuinely love them too.

Lecavalier signs with the Flyers 5 years for $22.5M. Can't say I'm not happy, but this signing doesn't really address our main issues

Such a bad bad bad contract. Good luck with that one.

Such a bad bad bad contract. Good luck with that one.

I wish it was a year shorter, but name another centre who scores at a .75-.85 points/game consistently and makes $4.5 million.

The cap hit is excellent.

It doesn't matter what he makes. All that matters is you still don't have a goalie, and now you have like no money to maneuver without trading someone. Coburn is gone. And goalie options out there still suck.

No money to maneuver? Coburn has to go?

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Simon Gagne ($2.500m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Erik Gustafsson ($1.151m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)
GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
Tim Thomas ($4.000m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,000,094; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,099,906

LTIR Pronger and dump Meszaros for whatever. Cap issues solved. Coburn, or anyone else for that matter, doesnt have to go anywhere.

Flyers most pressing need is in goal and on defense. Not sure what Homer is thinking with this one, big risk to sign Lecavs for 5 years. I don't think Vinny's body will last more than 3.

The Flyers just like the idea of having Hall of Famers on the team...Sittler, Hawerchuck, Oates, Roenick, Coffey, Jagr, Forsberg, and you can argue Amonte and Stevens, just a little late in their careers. It makes that "all time roster" look that much better. Me, I like the Lecavalier move... Not from a competitive standpoint, nor a contractual one, it will just be fun to see him play here in Philly.