2013 Offseason

Doesn't Pronger's cap hit stay because of the 35+?

If he retired, yes.

If he remains on LTIR for the duration of his contract (which he will), then no

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flyers most pressing need is in goal and on defense. Not sure what Homer is thinking with this one, big risk to sign Lecavs for 5 years. I don't think Vinny's body will last more than 3.

The amount and term is not unreasonable. The NMC is beyond stupid.

If he retired, yes.

If he remains on LTIR for the duration of his contract (which he will), then no

Gotcha. thanks for clarifying!

Tyler Seguin goes to Dallas in exchange for Loui Eriksson. Total of 7 players swap jerseys.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426938

Holy s***.

Holy s***.

Not surprised Chiarelli shipped Seguin's unprofessional Arse out of town. Seguin is so bad that he makes Caps players look professional.

Looks like the Seguin trade wasn't the only one the Stars made yesterday. They also got Shawn Horcoff from Edmonton in exchange for Philip Larsen and a 7th round pick. There might be more pieces involved since the trade won't be officially announced until tonight.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426972

CONFIRMED - Daniel Alfredsson is done with the Sens.

I have heard he will be a Red Wing, but I haven't seen anything solid from the news.

That's a shame, love Alfie and hoped he stay in Ottawa, but he deserved to be payed more than 1 mill last year. And I guess the money's good elsewhere.

Not just the money, but a chance to win a Cup before he retires. Let's be honest, Ottawa isn't winning a cup this decade and Alfie has one or two years left in the tank at most, barring a serious injury. Detroit has made the playoffs 21 consecutive years, signing with the Wings almost guarantees him a spot in the playoffs and adding Alfie gives them a better chance at winning the whole thing. Works out great for both sides.

Briere to Montreal

351b8mr.png

Someone please remind me, what does Bergevin actually do? If he brought Halak back then maybe I'd pay more attention to him...

It's official.

$5.5 million one year deal with the Wings

Not just the money, but a chance to win a Cup before he retires. Let's be honest, Ottawa isn't winning a cup this decade and Alfie has one or two years left in the tank at most, barring a serious injury. Detroit has made the playoffs 21 consecutive years, signing with the Wings almost guarantees him a spot in the playoffs and adding Alfie gives them a better chance at winning the whole thing. Works out great for both sides.

Not to mention the healthy contingent of Swedes on the team already!!

This is a very nice fit for the Wings and Alfie..

Pretty bummed about the Kings losing Rob Scuderi...

holy crap Matt Hendricks signed by Nashville, it couldnt get any better unless he stayed in Washington. Back to the team that drafted him. This is awesome (for me).

holy crap Matt Hendricks signed by Nashville, it couldnt get any better unless he stayed in Washington. Back to the team that drafted him. This is ###### awesome (for me).

I thought of you when he signed there :thumbsup:

So the Isles still dont have a goalie :glare: Stupid Nabby

already emailed MG to get in on a preorder. Would love to have his Nashville debut jersey a mere 13 years after being drafted by them haha.