First Post, Question about CCM "Vintage Hockey" jerseys (concerns fakes)

hockeyjerseyssuck

Hello.

I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

I've been lurking for a bit. I mainly collect pre RBK jerseys, so I buy a lot of my jerseys second hand off of eBay, or locally.

After seeing CCM Vintage Hockey jerseys with "fake" looking numbers (the ones that get wrinkled and look like they were laid on by an epileptic asian child), I did some investigating and found out that there are indeed sites that sell wholesale fake vintage CCM jerseys.

The main thing I need help with is....

-Were/are CCM Vintage jerseys sized in letters (S, M, L) or numbers (52), or both? I recall hearing that a CCM Vintage jersey with the number size is 100 percent fake, as they only sized them in small, medium, large, etc, is this true?

-Is a fight strap on a CCM Vintage jersey a sure sign that it is fake? I recall hearing that they were never produced with fight straps.

-I heard they were never manufactured with players names/numbers, and that the only non fake CCM Vintage jerseys with player name/numbers would have to be custom jobs. Is this true as well?

-Are there any other indications concerning the CCM Vintage line?

I really appreciate any help. Again, given this is my first post, I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place, or some how breaking some forum rule with this post.

I wonder why hockey jerseys suck

-Were/are CCM Vintage jerseys sized in letters (S, M, L) or numbers (52), or both? I recall hearing that a CCM Vintage jersey with the number size is 100 percent fake, as they only sized them in small, medium, large, etc, is this true?

-Is a fight strap on a CCM Vintage jersey a sure sign that it is fake? I recall hearing that they were never produced with fight straps.

Legit CCM Vintage Hockey replicas have letter sizes. However, there are some authentic CCM Vintage jerseys that are legit and have number sizes and fight straps. The fake ones also have number sizes but they are always of poor quality, and anyone with a little experience can tell the fake ones from the legit ones. The fight straps on the knockoffs look very different from the legit ones, and are one of the biggest giveaways that the jersey is fake.

Legit CCM Vintage Hockey replicas have letter sizes. However, there are some authentic CCM Vintage jerseys that are legit and have number sizes and fight straps. The fake ones also have number sizes but they are always of poor quality, and anyone with a little experience can tell the fake ones from the legit ones. The fight straps on the knockoffs look very different from the legit ones, and are one of the biggest giveaways that the jersey is fake.

Thanks!

One final question.....one I'm looking at has the CCM Vintage Hockey neck plate/tag (not sure on the correct term here), no Reebok logos anywhere on the jersey, there is a CCM logo in the bottom back corner, but the size tag hanging from the neck looks like an RBK Made In Canada Size Tag.

It has the Canadian flag, followed by "Made In Canada" in multiple languages, and then it says 7187a, followed by the CCM logo, and the numbered size. I'm almost positive this means it is a fake, since 7187a is a RBK model. Am I right to assume a CCM Vintage Hockey jersey would have no reason to have a 7187a model code on the size tag? I assume it's a lazy fake where the company used the 7187a tag, despite trying to fake a different CCM style jersey.

I'm 99 percent sure this jersey is a fake. But I'd more so like to educate myself on this, just for future reference.

Yeah.....he also is the only person in the history of any web forum after the year 2004 to have a Patrick Lalime avatar.

I think an IP ban is in order.

I was going to ask about the Lalime avatar. His Marvin masks were sick!

I was going to ask about the Lalime avatar. His Marvin masks were sick!

Maybe Ottawa's defense was just really great at the time....but it seems like he had a significant fall off in his career and stats after leaving Ottawa. Goalies can be fickle I guess.

With that said......on the topic of fake CCM Vintage Hockey jerseys....am I right to assume that if a jersey that looks like an older CCM model (CCM Logo in the bottom back corner....no Reebok logos anywhere) has a numbered size tag with the 7187a code on it....it's 100 percent a fake? Thanks.

It probably would be a fake, as the 7187 code pertains only to Reebok Edge jerseys, which weren't in existence yet when the 6100's were being used.

It probably would be a fake, as the 7187 code pertains only to Reebok Edge jerseys, which weren't in existence yet when the 6100's were being used.

I assumed that much....thanks for all your help.

It's a shame there are so many fake jerseys out there. It's great and all that these Chinese kids can get jobs in factories using those fantastic long lasting cancer ridden dyes, plus stitching a Maple Leaf on to a shirt 37 times an hour does build character....but it makes it hard for middle class white people like me to buy second hand jerseys because I have to research small details about jersey models, or rely on the knowledge of other collectors.

This is an example of a legit authentic Vintage Hockey jersey. It has the size tag with the Canadian flag, and the "Made in Canada" in 3 languages, but no 7187A.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-CCM-VINTAGE-LIGHT-BLUE-AUTHENTIC-HOCKEY-JERSEY-sz-52-NWT-/151017395403?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item23295694cb