The Goon Collection

bobbyp6565

Not yet, but I am in the market for one................... :D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a bunch of new additions to post over the next few days – first up a pair of vintage Wings goons –

1990-1991 Randy McKay gameworn Red Wings home jersey – decent wear, numerous cuts and holes, lots of stick marks especially on lower front; blood stains on lower front as well; minor damage to front of neck from fight and some reinforcement to back of neck seam; fight strap stained pink from numerous washings

019_zps9bqtlabd.jpg

020_zpsylzlfpsm.jpg

023_zpsqqonkxqf.jpg

024_zps6eq4xru6.jpg

021_zpsovkmt43y.jpg

022_zpstclycmvl.jpg

1989-1990 Kevin McClelland gameworn Red Wings home jersey – lighter wear, numerous stick marks especially to torso section of jersey; salting and rust to the fight strap snaps; fight strap stained pink from numerous washings; some interior pilling from fight strap

008_zpsc3louyyk.jpg

009_zpssuoty7zt.jpg

003_zpscmsawhvb.jpg

001_zpsnmy6mcnv.jpg

That McClelland is a beauty. It'd be cooler if it was one of his Olier Cup jerseys, but still cool. He's the Wichita Thunder's coach and he's awesome. His oldest boy Jack is just like him, but with more offensive skills. Awesome pickup.

That McClelland is a beauty. It'd be cooler if it was one of his Olier Cup jerseys, but still cool. He's the Wichita Thunder's coach and he's awesome. His oldest boy Jack is just like him, but with more offensive skills. Awesome pickup.

Thanks - one of his Oiler jerseys (87-88 I believe, but not a Cup patched jersey) popped up in the hobby a couple years ago and I missed out on it so I made sure when I saw this one I didn't go 0-2.............

The next couple goon gamers –

1995-1996 Alek Stojanov gameworn home jersey – light wear; a few stickmarks and an unrepaired hole on upper back from being grabbed during a fight

004_zpseqd7romq.jpg

005_zpsibk6lde3.jpg

006_zps6gag4fwm.jpg

2003-2004 Kelly Buchberger gameworn road jersey, Set 1 – front of neck torn down to the crest and repaired; heavy wear to the sleeves – dozens of cuts and unrepaired holes; w/”A” on front; from his final season

007_zpsx4i6pybu.jpg

008_zpswbqjmshz.jpg

009_zpsjo4t7ibh.jpg

010_zpsizpdgpbo.jpg

011_zpsjxu24ezz.jpg

2002-2003 Sylvain Blouin gameworn Canadiens road jersey – from the Hockey Hall of Fame game November 2, 2002 and as such, has very light wear -

016_zpskcrolils.jpg

017_zpsu9wo5fwd.jpg

018_zpswcdtgmv4.jpg

2013-2014 Tommy Bolduc Trois-Rivieres Viking (LNAH) gameworn home jersey – some fight damage to the neck (with 410 fights in 660 career games, it’s to be expected) and has a different fight strap from other LNAH shirts I’ve seen or own (very short and with no ‘give’ at all) -

012_zpspxsc9mki.jpg

013_zpsc0sc9zs5.jpg

014_zpspmvv08qs.jpg

015_zpsvsesl50l.jpg

Wow...great collection sir. I love that Probert! I live in the Windsor area and work in Detroit...Legend of a man! Wish he was still around these parts...

I collect un-used pro models and never got into game used but it always intrigued me. That, and the prices...my gawd!

How do you find gems like this? Just curious.

Thanks - was always a huge Probie fan. Met him once when the Wings played the Caps (Nov. '92) and had him sign the first hockey jersey I ever bought - authentic Wings road with 100th anniversary Cup patch and "A". Was at the Joe for his last regular season home game as a Wing in April 1994 - during that trip made it over to Windsor - probably the cleanest city I've ever seen!!

Been putting this collection together for about 20 years - have found items in all sorts of different places over the years. Member of over a dozen jersey sites, so that certainly helps in finding things - not really any one place to exclusively find jerseys these days. Gotta look everywhere - you never know what might pop up?

• 2 weeks later...

1998-1999 “Stone Cold” Steve McLaren Philadelphia Phantoms Set 3 – listed as a GI, but has some snags on the front, some minor neck damage and a customized (shortened) fight strap – more than likely a back-up pressed briefly into service at some point

004_zpsl4p6ncwy.jpg

005_zpsokqcnh4n.jpg

006_zpsatiim8wg.jpg

2008-2009 Sean McMorrow Edmonton Set 1 w/Oilers 30th anniversary patch – training camp used/worn and GI for the regular season as McMorrow spent the regular season in the minors

007_zpswnukh5ar.jpg

008_zps6sxcbupg.jpg

2001-2004 “Stone Cold” Steve McLaren game used Worcester IceCats helmet – has stickers from his time with the St. Louis Blues affixed to the inside of the helmet in case he was recalled

003_zps6pfsz0c6.jpg

001_zps9iastuvw.jpg

002_zpsouedd3fg.jpg

2000-2001 Craig Berube Capitals gameworn home jersey – lighter wear, jersey was a 99-00 recycle that the Chief wore in the 00-01 preseason, so it retained the NHL2000 patch. Fight strap sewn through when the numbers were sewn on, effectively limiting its ‘give’ (same effect as shortening the fight strap, which became pretty standard on Berube jerseys his last few seasons)

001_zps7yhcdjhv.jpg

002_zpssmifmuh2.jpg

003_zps5jyfhejv.jpg

2014-2015 Anthony Peluso Jets gameworn road jersey, Set 1 – very light wear, just a few burns and stick marks

004_zpsjbipqq0a.jpg

005_zpsvr5yy2lv.jpg

006_zps5bwe5tqf.jpg