2014 Olympic Jerseys

Honestly, I don't mind them; stars and all. I do think the 'lace up' collar is extremely lame. If they wanted to implement flywire, why not just do it like they do with football jerseys? Still prefer the 2010 jerseys for the stripes and sleeve detail (as stupid as the tribal was, it was interesting).

Now I'm just wondering when they'll be available for retail. I would like to pick one up. And what size Swift is closest to Edge size 50?

More details

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/8/27/nike-unveils-olympic-team-jerseys.html

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what size Swift is closest to Edge size 50?

I wear a 50 in Edge 1.0, and a 54 Swift fits me pretty much the same.

The crest is great. I love that aspect. It's about time they brought back the old federal shield. Though, it needs waist stripes. Also, make the stars white so it looks like the flag is draped over the shoulders. That would be a wonderful nod to Jim Craig in 1980.

And USA Hockey's team store now has the replicas which look like nothing more than an oversized long sleeved tshirt in stock.

They moved the heat pressed gold medal years to an embroidery on the sleeve and moved the 'Land of the Free/Home of the Brave' wording from inside the front of the neck to the back of the neck where the medals were on the authentic/game issued.

Interestingly... but not too big of a shock the front logo goes from heat pressed to an embroidered logo that looks rather blander by the change.

http://www.shopusahockey.com/store/p/13480-USA-Hockey-Nike-2014-Replica-Personalized-Home-Jersey.html

Those photos make the jerseys look even worse, like a long sleeved t-shirt as Zack845 said.

I'll pass. And I don't pass on jerseys too often.

Yup, definitely never buying one of those. I don't care who the captain or who's on the team, not buying one. Ever.

Yup, definitely never buying one of those. I don't care who the captain or who's on the team, not buying one. Ever.

Couldn't agree more.

The fake laces and shiny shoulders have got to go ... other than than that I like it.

Akteon hitting the nail on the head.

With seemingly a somewhat muted reaction I shouldn't have to battle anybody for ownership of one of these. I will have to wait and see what the font is, but otherwise I really like the look. It's clean, simple, and somewhat retro.

Even the model wearing the jersey doesn't seem to be happy about it.

I really love Olympic hockey but the jerseys I've seen so far this time all really SUCK! The longer I look at them the more I hate them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really bummed the stars are not white or not there. The "subtle stars" don't do it for me and I really wonder how they are applied. It gives me the vibe of the old CCM heat sealed plastic stars from their late 80's early 90's replicas - which are nearly all peeling off here in the 2010's!

I'd like to know how these new ones will look after five to ten trips through the wash. I'm scared.

And the fake laces? Bad, bad, bad idea. How classy these jerseys could have been with real laces and either blue shoulders or properly starred shoulders. A real missed opportunity.

Speaking of missed opportunities - an old timey jersey style, yet the same old 2010 name and number font? What the heck? I don't know why Nike is so in love with that font, but it's time to move on here.