Caps New Jerseys

SabreFaninNYC

Here is the press release:

Caps to reveal new threads

The Washington Capitals will unveil their new uniforms at a special Draft Day Party on Friday, June 22, held at the Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, Va. The event will be held in conjunction with the live broadcast on Versus of the first round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, which takes place that evening in Columbus, Ohio.

The new uniforms will mark a return to a red, white and blue color scheme — the colors the Capitals wore from their first season in 1974-75 through 1994-95. The Capitals are the first team in the NHL to announce their plans to unveil their new uniforms.

— press release

The new uniforms will mark a return to a red, white and blue color scheme — the colors the Capitals wore from their first season in 1974-75 through 1994-95. The Capitals are the first team in the NHL to announce their plans to unveil their new uniforms.

EXCELLENT! That's the best news I've heard all day.

EXCELLENT! That's the best news I've heard all day.

Haha, I'm more excited to have an actual time frame for the unveiling. I'm going to assume that the teams will present their draftee's with new jerseys, and that all of the jerseys will be unveiled right around this time.

Here's my list.

Vancouver: go back to the rink & stick permanently.

Islanders: make the Gorton's fisherman your third jersey. I GUARANTEE it will sell big-time.

New Jersey: make the Christmas jersey your third jersey. Same as Gorton's.

Los Angeles: go back to the purple and gold jerseys.

Buffalo: go back to the twin swords blue and gold jerseys.

This league needs some more character right now and what better way to get it then to bring back the classic jerseys?

Thanks for the info. I'm interested to see what they come up with.

This will be an interesting summer to see what all comes about from all the teams. I'm nervous for a few and excited for a few. I'm curious as to what the Avs, Ducks, Sharks, Oilers, Coyotes, and Blues may do especially.

I thought the Canucks announced they were unveiling theirs on August 1, is that just an internet rumour or is it fact?

Here's my list.

Islanders: make the Gorton's fisherman your third jersey. I GUARANTEE it will sell big-time.

This league needs some more character right now and what better way to get it then to bring back the classic jerseys?

I am in total agreement with your Nucks and LA ideas. vancouver looked great last night in those jerseys!

I always liked the Christmas jerseys for the Devils but I doubt we will see it again with the stremalining and the lack of third jerseys next year.

And all I can say is erragh! to the Fisherman's jersey.

Oh hey no doubt that the Gorton's jersey was awful but it was so awful that it was great! That thing would sell, I'm telling you!

No stripes on the sleeves on hem line = not a hockey jersey

You're absolutely right. Stick with what works and that works.

Here's my list.

What was the Devils Christmas jersey??

What was the Devils Christmas jersey??

That was their first design before they switched to the current ones. The jerseys hab green elements instead of black.

The only christmas jerseys left over in the NHL: Minnesota Wild :D

• 1 month later...
Here's my list.

One more to add: Let's get the Penguins back into their two-tone blues from the late '70's. Even GQ Magazine acknowledged this uniform as one of the 25 best looking unis in sports history. :thumbsup:

The baby blue ones? Yikes! I don't know about that. I liked the diagonal PITTSBURGH or the flying Penguin ones better than the blue ones.

The baby blue ones? Yikes! I don't know about that. I liked the diagonal PITTSBURGH or the flying Penguin ones better than the blue ones.

In the Penguins first season ('67-'68), they wore baby/powder blue with diagonal PITTSBURGH, five waist and sleeve stripes and a funky drop-shadow number font. It is well explained on http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/history/history.php including illustrations.

Hey wow I never knew that. I'm still not enamored with the blue jerseys though. I like the black and gold ones better. The black road jersey that Pittsburgh wore in the late 90's/early 00's is the only Pens jersey I'd ever own.

Welcome aboard PensFanRJ! Me personally, my fave Pens jersey has to be their current ones. I love the old gold/black, but would be curious to see what it would look like with the original gold of the last two jerseys.

I really like the current jersey's graphics/striping (it's a bit reminiscent of the '74-'76 Pens uniforms), and I'm totally with you re: bringing the bright gold back. It would look particularly good with the home/black uniform.

But, I can't help myself... I can imagine the current layout with the '77-'80 navy blue/Columbia blue combo. Heck, I'd get about a half dozen in white and dark, with different player names and numbers. :skaterblu:

I have a 67-68 road, a 71-72 road, a 76-77 home, a 84-85 yellow alt and black road (both Lemieux 66), and a current black Crosby, all replicas. I used to have a 1990's road (diagonal Pittsburgh), but Snoop Dogg bought it off me, hahaha.

• 3 weeks later...

caps.jpg

Rumour has it that these are the new Caps' jerseys. They were apparently leaked.

Hats...

p3545961reg.jpg

I think the final Caps logo will have more blue instead of what looks to be black on that rumoured jersey. If the blue is subed in for all the black, they might look decent.

Those look very good. I'd be pleased if that's what they turn out to be.

It doesn't look horrible, but hopefully it is just my monitor that makes the main color look more orangish than red.