Getting a Jersey Order Ready for Customizing

Hi everyone. I created this post on my blog last December and can't remember if I shared it here or not. The post features the process I go through to get a jersey order prepared for Denver Athletic. It covers everything from acquiring the jerseys to packing them up to pretty much everything in between. My process is just a little different than many of the orders most of us place in the fact that I have the pleasure of driving to my favorite customizing company, but it has plenty of details that I hope you'll find helpful in making sure your orders are done right no matter where you choose to have your jerseys done. If you have any questions please let me know and thanks for the read(s)!

Original Post: http://www.avshockeypodcast.com/2012/12/the-method-behind-the-jersey-madness/

Follow up final post (after the jerseys were done): http://www.avshockeypodcast.com/2013/02/the-method-behind-the-jersey-madness-update/

This is a great resource for people. As you alluded to, I (and I'm sure others) am very jealous of your ability to drive and drop off your jerseys to be customized.

I NEVER take this for granted. It's about 45 minutes each way across the city, but worth it every single time. Thanks for checking out my posts.

I NEVER take this for granted. It's about 45 minutes each way across the city, but worth it every single time. Thanks for checking out my posts.

Great post. Same here with Stitches NY. It's fantastic being able to go. It's nice to meet the people involved and once the recognize you, they start taking better care of you

Awesome posts Jay - definitely great to see you sharing the detail you go into when preparing an order.

The only thing I do different (other than the fact I have to mail mine to EPS or whoever) is that I also e-mail them a PDF version of the photographs and specs sheets on the off chance the print outs I package with each jersey get lost or damaged when they are doing the work. I also try to send the electronic version first, before mailing out the jerseys to make sure they don't have any questions/issues ahead of time.

Great stuff- much more thought out and glamorous than:

1. Get a CCM NYR mesh

2. Say "I think I'll make this a Graves"

3. Get on train to Penn Station

4. Walk to Cosby's

5. Say "Make this a Graves"

6. Get back on train

7. Wait 7-10 days

8. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 6

You forgot steps 9 and 10:

9) Send to EPS to fix the number.

10) Go back to Cosby to redo number since EPS can't match the color, then repeat 3, 4, and 6.

:thumbsup:

Well played LAK74.

Well played indeed.

Send to EPS to fix the number.

Josh totally got irritated when I asked him (after stripping the numbers) to send it back. He was like "I'm not running a dry cleaning service"- I had never thought of it like that. Thankfully he did, though.

I think his point (and mine) was that he did, but still had problems. And let's not forget about the "patch on the wrong shoulder" fiasco. (Sorry for bringing that up, Cygnus X-1)

I will never forget the patch fiasco. Even if dementia sets in when I become elderly and I can't remember faces of loved ones I will still be known to say "I can't believe they put that patch on the wrong shoulder!"

Awesome posts Jay - definitely great to see you sharing the detail you go into when preparing an order.

The only thing I do different (other than the fact I have to mail mine to EPS or whoever) is that I also e-mail them a PDF version of the photographs and specs sheets on the off chance the print outs I package with each jersey get lost or damaged when they are doing the work. I also try to send the electronic version first, before mailing out the jerseys to make sure they don't have any questions/issues ahead of time.

Those are great ideas Matt. And thanks for checking out the posts.

Great stuff- much more thought out and glamorous than:

1. Get a CCM NYR mesh

2. Say "I think I'll make this a Graves"

3. Get on train to Penn Station

4. Walk to Cosby's

5. Say "Make this a Graves"

6. Get back on train

7. Wait 7-10 days

8. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 6

This sounds great too.

Just deal with the team customizer and be happy.

Amen Jeremy.

I will never forget the patch fiasco. Even if dementia sets in when I become elderly and I can't remember faces of loved ones I will still be known to say "I can't believe they put that patch on the wrong shoulder!"

LOL! :lol:

Thanks for this topic man. This was super helpful as I just bought a blank Flyers edge jersey from the 2007-2010 era and was wondering how to go about getting lettering done on it. Luckily, I have the Flyers' customizing company an hour away so reference pics might not be needed, but I will include them to help speed along the process!

If you want accuracy go with Ruberti's, but don't expect it will be perfect without any guidance from you. They still make mistakes. I've had 3 jerseys done there (Flyers/Phantoms), and each one has something slightly off that occurred despite all my pictures and descriptions.

I saw a section on the site here where a guy sold a Giroux #56 done by them and it looked great. The nice thing about the Flyers is we don't utilize a ton of logos or patches on our jerseys, so I think I will be going with Giroux #28 and see how it turns out. WC isn't a far drive, but with tolls and turnpike traffic I might just ship it instead of deliver it.