New Sabres & Ducks Jerseys (+ Poll)

CryWolf

New Jersey Designs  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new Sabres jerseys?

• Great design - love 'em!
    • They're ok, but they could have done better
    • They look like they were made from the entrails of a St. Louis Rams jersey
    • The Sabres have a new jersey design?
  2. 2. What do you think of the new Ducks jerseys?

• Great design - love 'em!
    • They're ok, but they could have done better
    • Who is the quack who came up with this design?
    • The Ducks have a new jersey design?

I really cant say much about the sabres. The jersey is horrible (to me) but they're fun to watch on the ice regardless. Boy was last night a doozy ;).

Ducks - I really like what they've done. They have moved on from childish, minor league looking hockey team to a sophisticated, one day, national hockey league stanley cup contender. I really like it. Plain, simple and to the point.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really cant say much about the sabres. The jersey is horrible (to me) but they're fun to watch on the ice regardless. Boy was last night a doozy ;).

Ducks - I really like what they've done. They have moved on from childish, minor league looking hockey team to a sophisticated, one day, national hockey league stanley cup contender. I really like it. Plain, simple and to the point.

I feel the same way about the Ducks. As for the Sabres jerseys, while everyone seems to dislike the logo, I like the uniform overall and when the guys are on the ice they look very sharp and sleek. They are a little modern, but the Sabres are a modern team today, with youth and speed leading the way.

Come to think of it, the jersey structure is really nice. It makes them look fast and technological (in a plutonic kind of way).

I think it's structure is trendy and should be a model for new jerseys to come!

Come to think of it, the jersey structure is really nice. It makes them look fast and technological (in a plutonic kind of way).

I think it's structure is trendy and should be a model for new jerseys to come!

That, I can agree with whole heartedly.

The Ducks had an open slate to choose whichever colors they wanted...so why on earth did they go with the 90's trend of black? (Sure most of you remember back in the 90's when a lot of teams went with the black jersey faze) Now they're colors are similiar to the Penguins...just a slightly different shade of gold. I thought they would have tried to go with a new color that hasn't been used by another team....oh well!

As far as the Sabres new jerseys go, they dropped the ball. When they decided to go in another direction from their 90's black faze, they should have taken the opportunity to give their fans what they have always wanted and go back to the classic sabres logo and colors. Instead they chose an angry slug for a logo and went with partial colors of the old jersey. Speaking of the old Sabres jersey, saw them wearing them last night as they skated circles around the Flyers....I was shocked to see they even altered the vintage jersey by adding the players number on the shoulder just like on their new jerseys. Placing the new shoulder numbers on their new jerseys is something different, I will commend them on trying something new. But why alter the classic vintage jersey? Just leave the classic vintage jersey as they were! I feel for all you Sabres fans out there..

I was shocked to see they even altered the vintage jersey by adding the players number on the shoulder just like on their new jerseys. Placing the new shoulder numbers on their new jerseys is something different, I will commend them on trying something new. But why alter the classic vintage jersey? Just leave the classic vintage jersey as they were! I feel for all you Sabres fans out there..

I admit it, I did not even notice this until you said something and I went back and looked a pictures of the game online. Unfortunately, living in Idaho I don't get to see many games at all. I agree that this is something that should not have been done. I went back to the Sabres website and looked at the photos of the unveiling and the numbers were not on the front of the 3rd (retro) jersey that night.

The Ducks had an open slate to choose whichever colors they wanted...so why on earth did they go with the 90's trend of black? (Sure most of you remember back in the 90's when a lot of teams went with the black jersey faze) Now they're colors are similiar to the Penguins...just a slightly different shade of gold. I thought they would have tried to go with a new color that hasn't been used by another team....oh well!

As far as the Sabres new jerseys go, they dropped the ball. When they decided to go in another direction from their 90's black faze, they should have taken the opportunity to give their fans what they have always wanted and go back to the classic sabres logo and colors. Instead they chose an angry slug for a logo and went with partial colors of the old jersey. Speaking of the old Sabres jersey, saw them wearing them last night as they skated circles around the Flyers....I was shocked to see they even altered the vintage jersey by adding the players number on the shoulder just like on their new jerseys. Placing the new shoulder numbers on their new jerseys is something different, I will commend them on trying something new. But why alter the classic vintage jersey? Just leave the classic vintage jersey as they were! I feel for all you Sabres fans out there..

I still like the Ducks shirts. They just don't remind me of the Penguins when I look at them (though I understand, logically, why everyone sees that). I think I'm just a really big fan of the copper color they chose. I think they're simple, understated perhaps, but better than a lot of organizations.

As for the Sabres - I don't think I would have enjoyed a flat out return to the vintage uniforms. They're just... oudated. We did need something new. I don't agree with what we chose, especially logo wise, but if we had gone back to the vintage uniforms, I would have hoped to see a very modernized version... something like what the Flyers and Oilers have done with their looks over the years. I don't think I could deal with the vintage jerseys all year long.

As for the shoulder numbers - they're fresh. I like it. Nothing special. Certainly not ground breaking. But not a bad touch overall. I don't know how I feel about them on the vintage jerseys. It's like I know they're there, but I don't see them. They don't make a big difference in my opinion.

I admit it, I did not even notice this until you said something and I went back and looked a pictures of the game online. Unfortunately, living in Idaho I don't get to see many games at all. I agree that this is something that should not have been done. I went back to the Sabres website and looked at the photos of the unveiling and the numbers were not on the front of the 3rd (retro) jersey that night.

I think for their first game they didn't have the number on the shoulder, but they definitely had it for last night's game vs the Flyers - check it out.

afinogenov_maxim061017a.jpg

The Sabres' slug looks like Donald Trump's hairpiece. I dislike the no-waist-stripe look, especially if that will set the precedent for the jerseys of the (near) future. Wearing the retro jerseys is great, but the numbers on the front are unnecessary on all their jerseys.

The Ducks should have made the webfoot D the primary logo, or at least used it for a shoulder patch. Having seen the Ducks uniform in person, I'll say the best part about their uniform is the thin orange stripe. In other words, I'm not impressed. <_<

The Sabres' slug looks like Donald Trump's hairpiece. I dislike the no-waist-stripe look, especially if that will set the precedent for the jerseys of the (near) future. Wearing the retro jerseys is great, but the numbers on the front are unnecessary on all their jerseys.

The Ducks should have made the webfoot D the primary logo, or at least used it for a shoulder patch. Having seen the Ducks uniform in person, I'll say the best part about their uniform is the thin orange stripe. In other words, I'm not impressed. <_<

Unfortunately, the lack of striping on the bottom of the Sabres jersey may well be a sign of things to come. Rumors are still going around about the league eventually forcing players to tuck their jerseys in, as part of a new 'sleek' look. I would hate to see this happen, but with Reebok doing things now, you never know.

Those look sick!

I know, I desperately want one, but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use the teams sweater with their logos and an unlicensed crest. I would be ecstatic if we switched to this logo though.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the orange piping on the Anaheim jerseys.

And oh, how a 10-game winning streak and being undefeated in regulation makes people care less about how they look in the clothes!

I like the orange piping on the Anaheim jerseys.

And oh, how a 10-game winning streak and being undefeated in regulation makes people care less about how they look in the clothes!

Not undefeated anymore. :(

(though we are unbeated in regulation!)

I meant Buffalo for the opening comment and Anaheim for the second, so I'm politically and factually correct.

Yeah, I didn't notice the 'regulation' the first time. I'm still upset about the loss.

Sorry to hear. I can't stand the Thrashers after that game in March last year when they were given a gift of a game-winner after Scott Gomez and been high-sticked so blatantly.

Sorry to hear. I can't stand the Thrashers after that game in March last year when they were given a gift of a game-winner after Scott Gomez and been high-sticked so blatantly.

I was pretty upset tonight because the Thrashers fourth goal came on a play where they offsides by at least a yard. The ref just missed it. They replayed it a couple of times and it was just way offsides.

No excuses though. It had to end sometimes. Tallinder is out 2 months with a broken arm so we were missing him too. We've got to adjust now that we're not unbeated and we've got a rookie on our backline.

I heard about that, I sympathize with Sabres fans after all the crap they dealt with before Golisano took over.

I'm very happy to see them winning now. I rooted for them against Cryolina last year.

I heard about that, I sympathize with Sabres fans after all the crap they dealt with before Golisano took over.

I'm very happy to see them winning now. I rooted for them against Cryolina last year.

Between guys from the AHL filling for injuries and all the rookies 9/18 of our roster in game 7 of the ECF had never played a playoff game prior to that year. It still took them until the third period of the 7th game to get on top, and we were initially up in the series 2-0 before injuries started to decimate our roster.

Was reading through an article on ESPN.com and just saw a new name for the slug that I hadn't seen yet. John Buccigross called it Barney Rubble's Toupee

Was reading through an article on ESPN.com and just saw a new name for the slug that I hadn't seen yet. John Buccigross called it Barney Rubble's Toupee

Yep. Hamster, Slug, Barney Rubble's toupee, Donald Trump's hair, Banana Slug. There's been no mercy with regards to what people are calling it.

I personally find some of that to be amusing, but don't see anything when I look at it - just a failed logo. Without the power of suggestion it isn't really reminiscent of anything.