New Sabres & Ducks Jerseys (+ Poll)

CryWolf

New Jersey Designs  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new Sabres jerseys?

• Great design - love 'em!
    • They're ok, but they could have done better
    • They look like they were made from the entrails of a St. Louis Rams jersey
    • The Sabres have a new jersey design?
  2. 2. What do you think of the new Ducks jerseys?

• Great design - love 'em!
    • They're ok, but they could have done better
    • Who is the quack who came up with this design?
    • The Ducks have a new jersey design?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should use a darker version of the old logo in replacement for the SpermSlug.

The original? Or the Charging head? The logo in my signature is the one that I think 95% of the unhappy Sabres fans would like to see as the crest on the new jerseys. The original with some modernization.

• 2 weeks later...

i like everything about the new sabres jersey except for the slug.

to be honest it looks like something youd get out of microsoft clipart... or in an already-made logo for a madden game. but i like the original colour scheme and the innovative numbers on the upper chest. im a big fan of stuff on jerseys. the more z-stiching the better!

the ducks jerseys... eh.

if you aren't going to be the mighty ducks, change the name. they hadn't won a stanley cup or anything, so what's the beef? the jersey design leave a lot to be desired. the muddy vomit colours don't tickle my fancy. and rather large and chubby numbers don't do much for me either. the ducks logo in itself is pretty lame. but im not their marketing manager or a ducks fan, so im probably biased.

• 3 weeks later...

As for the Sabres, if they just would've updated the old logo to something like the one in Mach 9's signature it would look great. Their new logo looks too cartoony and yeah, like an already made logo for a video game.

I love the Ducks new unis, maybe not the writing across the chest like it is now, but to something like the giant web footed D it would look neater. Still, I love that orange trim on them, I think it goes great with black.

As for the Sabres, if they just would've updated the old logo to something like the one in Mach 9's signature it would look great. Their new logo looks too cartoony and yeah, like an already made logo for a video game.

I love the Ducks new unis, maybe not the writing across the chest like it is now, but to something like the giant web footed D it would look neater. Still, I love that orange trim on them, I think it goes great with black.

I'm with you!

The jerseys are a success and I'm over the logo, but I think they pleased way more people than they expected to, but let down an unforeseen number of Sabres diehards. I don't feel that a different logo (like the one in my sig) would have hurt the appeal of the new look for non-sabres fans, but I do think it would have pleased all of the dissapointed die-hards. I'm over it though. With a chance to hit a grand-slam, they hit a triple and knocked 3 of 4 runs. Hard to complain about that.

Without having time to read all the previous comments, mine are as follows.

The Ducks. Dull. The colors are nice but no secondary shoulder logos? It looks like a practice jersey. It's just a big, blank canvas with some stripes waaaaaaaaayyyy down there at the cuffs and waist. So what? Did you learn anything from Vancouver adding secondary shoulder patches?

And why make the primary logo a wordmark. That's not a logo at all.

Sabres. The jersey design itself - Ugh. What a mess. The colored blobs tell no story. There not horns or swords or a suggestion of anything to do with the name or logo. There just there for the sake of being there. Worse, they also suggest a standardized template, just waiting to be done in Devils, Bruins and Kings colors with their logos slapped on the front. Horrid. The whole thing just reeks of Nike's Olympic templates and how they were used.

The colors. Nice.

The logo. It's a slug. Again, horrid.

• 3 weeks later...