2007 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championships

JeffB

The 2007 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championships started today, Friday April 27th.

Here is the link to the tourament web page. It's always a well done page with feature stories and news.

Tournament Web Page

Here is the link to the IIHF and their schedule, results and standings page. Their live game tracker is one of the worst and hopefully one day will be improved.

Schedule and Results

Now for the awesome part, www.wcsn.com has a subscription available to watch live video events on through their web site for just $4.95 a month, which will easily cover the entire tournament! $5 for the whole thing in live streaming video, when all I had to rely on in the past was the craptastic game tracker that didn't even have a time clock!

The nice thing about the time difference between the USA and Moscow is that the games are on during our morning and afternoon, which meshes nicely with my "work" hours and doesn't overlap the NHL playoffs in the evening.

I just finished watching the opening game of the tournament, with the USA defeating Austria 6-2 while sitting here at work and I'm now watching Finland beat up on Ukraine and later today I get two more games.

Heaven.

JeffB

The 2007 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championships started today, Friday April 27th.

Here is the link to the tourament web page. It's always a well done page with feature stories and news.

Tournament Web Page

Here is the link to the IIHF and their schedule, results and standings page. Their live game tracker is one of the worst and hopefully one day will be improved.

Schedule and Results

Now for the awesome part, www.wcsn.com has a subscription available to watch live video events on through their web site for just $4.95 a month, which will easily cover the entire tournament! $5 for the whole thing in live streaming video, when all I had to rely on in the past was the craptastic game tracker that didn't even have a time clock!

The nice thing about the time difference between the USA and Moscow is that the games are on during our morning and afternoon, which meshes nicely with my "work" hours and doesn't overlap the NHL playoffs in the evening.

I just finished watching the opening game of the tournament, with the USA defeating Austria 6-2 while sitting here at work and I'm now watching Finland beat up on Ukraine and later today I get two more games.

Heaven.

JeffB

Have to admit, I haven't been paying much attention with b/c of the time difference- but reading online it sounds like a great tourney so far.

Have to admit, I haven't been paying much attention with b/c of the time difference- but reading online it sounds like a great tourney so far.

This WCSN.com is a dream come true. The early games start at about 7:15 am my time so when I get to work I fire up the web site and pull up a game. the "late" game starts at about 11:15 am so I get hockey all morning long. The video feed has been very reliable. Not 100%, but I'm very pleased with the quality of the video since it's coming from Moscow and the announcers are doing a great job as well.

Germany beating the Czechs 2-0 yesterday was really the first upset, outside of Italy beating Latvia the other day and the US beating Slovakia gives me hope that we are going to have a nice run in the knockout phase.

I just wish everyone wasn't wearing those ###### Nike Swift template jerseys. <_< Templates bite the big one. I loved, loved, loved the jerseys used in 2005 (scroll down to the "player" template for 2005 jerseys) along with some of the unique fonts teams used to use, like Slovakia.

Go USA!