Sharks New Jerseys

dsl135

I don't understand why they keep putting orange on the jerseys. Sharks are gray, not orange...and nobody uses an wooden hockey stick anymore anyways.

Yeah the composites break far more often and don't cost $200

So the shark on the crest would not have to bite so hard if it were a composite.

I do want to point out, before ripping the jersey continues, is that it was made, with help from the players and trainers to make it a lighter weight jersey, which is why the players preferred the black jerseys. They removed almost all orange (More of a fan request), the waist stripes (removes weight) the shoulder piping/yolk (More weight) and a whole layer off the name/numbers. These werent designed with the purpose of being the coolest in the NHL, they were designed to keep their identity, still look good, but primarily be something nicer for the players to wear.

Don't kid yourself. If you look at the photos closely, the shoulder yoke is there. Therefore, not much weight reduction outside of any piping that was used.

If it was truly about wanting to reduce the weight of the jerseys and having them be more of a performance product, then they should go completely sublimated. PERIOD.

Don't kid yourself. If you look at the photos closely, the shoulder yoke is there. Therefore, not much weight reduction outside of any piping that was used.

If it was truly about wanting to reduce the weight of the jerseys and having them be more of a performance product, then they should go completely sublimated. PERIOD.

Maybe the NHL has some standard for that? Idk, I just read that their main purpose of the new jersey was to lighten it up from the old one.

I like the orange in their stripes. Off the top of my head I can only think of islanders with orange in their scheme. If they wanted less weight, they could have used sublimated name and numbers or stripes.

Flyers? Edmonton....

Hockey should try sleeveless jerseys to reduce weight. In all seriousness, they should go 3/4 sleeve. A lot of players have the sleeves rolled up anyway -- exposed wrist/elbow pad.

my bad lol

Naaaaa.....You said "off the top of my head". Not a problem.

Flyers jumped out at me. Had to edit the post when I thought about the Oilers some time later.

Numbers on the front of a hockey jersey looks retarded in my opinion. Can that idea all together. The last new jerseys introduced into the NHL that I actually liked are the Nashville home jerseys. Since then they've all been painfully boring.

. Since then they've all been painfully boring.

I may be off on the timing (and I see you list the Rangers as a favorite team)- thoughts on their Heritage? It's not flashy but I think it looks sharp.

I may be off on the timing (and I see you list the Rangers as a favorite team)- thoughts on their Heritage? It's not flashy but I think it looks sharp.

Sorry, referring to regular season jerseys. Both the Rangers and the Flyers Winter Classic jerseys were very nice.

Sorry, referring to regular season jerseys. Both the Rangers and the Flyers Winter Classic jerseys were very nice.

That's true....but I was referring to their current 3rd

:noway:

I believe the response we were looking for was "simple goodness"

Please don't. I'm not a commie or anything but I never liked that jersey.

• 2 weeks later...