Buffalo Sabres new alternate jerseys

Bobcat1988

That is horrendously bad, it may even be worse than the Isles thirds! Shame as I love navy/yellow as a colour combo but there isn't a single thing right about that jersey.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest issue is the weird neckline layout, which causes most of the collar to be invisible, and creates strange grey pointy shapes.

I like the idea of a yellow Buffalo jersey, but this jersey looks like they took three jerseys, and mashed them together.

The only thing making me hope this is a lie...is that they DID release shoulderpatch photos, and i see none on that jersey....but if thats real...yuck.

That is horrendously bad, it may even be worse than the Isles thirds! Shame as I love navy/yellow as a colour combo but there isn't a single thing right about that jersey.

That was my thought. Instantly displaces the NYI 3rd for worst jersey in the league.

The only thing making me hope this is a lie...is that they DID release shoulderpatch photos, and i see none on that jersey....but if thats real...yuck.

Where did they release these supposed shoulder patches? I didn't see them anywhere.

Where did they release these supposed shoulder patches? I didn't see them anywhere.

Looking back to icethetics, what his post that said it was a shoulder patch, he edited saying it may just be a hat... so I guess disregard my post haha.

Definitely out there even for a third-jersey. Not a fan but, I think a few minor changes would drastically alter the look:

- Remove the gret striping down the front of the arms

- Only use one shade of yellow throughout the jersey (not sure if its 2 different shades or just the lighting/material - I know Rangers jerseys blue looks different on the sides vs the chest in pictures but, in person it is the same)

- Remove the grey striping on the back

- Make the Reebok neck-tag look blue

Jersey would look much cleaner. Not sure how I feel about the BUFFALO on the front. Numbers look big and I'm not sure how 2 digits will look. Would like to see it on the ice.

Sorry mods, I HAD to quote that pic.

LMFAO.

It's only frowned upon when done so, needlessly.

Heck, these all deserve a quote -

History-of-Sabres-Uniform.jpg

wideright-vi.png

BTVb5vNCAAA3UME.jpg

I just started reading this topic, and just about pisssed myself when I got to these.

You guys are the best.

Those jerseys are seriously horrible, though...got my hopes up when I saw the C & A patches.

• 2 months later...

Is it just me or was anyone els highly disappointed with the new Sabres alternate, I thought it was just a strange approach they too and a big let down. The numbers are massive and gray for some reason. I'm a fan of crazy unique jerseys seeming how my favorite jersey of all time is the Lightning's storm jersey. But I feel Buffalo could have done so much better. Their last alternates were clean and I liked the stitching on the numbers. But these just aren't clicking for me. Not to mention it made it even worse that it was debuted on a lame "twitter leak" by the ever so classy Steve Ott. Since it makes it's first appearance of the season tomorrow I would like to here how other people feel. Any thoughts?

post-18366-0-95935200-1385285497_thumb.j

I am not a big fan of the color scheme although i kinda like the number font.

Here is the 3rd jersey schedule for the Sabres 2013-14

• November 24 vs. Detroit Red Wings
  • November 27 vs. Montreal Canadiens
  • December 5 vs. New York Rangers
  • December 14 vs. Calgary Flames
  • January 4 vs. New Jersey Devils
  • January 14 vs. Philadelphia Flyers
  • February 5 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
  • March 16 vs. Montreal Canadiens
  • April 1 vs. New Jersey Devils
  • April 8 vs. Detroit Red Wings

Without a doubt the worst jersey in the history of the NHL in my opinion. Yes, I'm serious.

Yeah, Buffalo had so much potential to make a sweet jersey but fell well below everyone's expectations I feel haha.