Getting out of the hobby

Curry1fan

See what you've done? Now Guam is going to kill you.

I see we all have that "Jagr Jersey? 3...2...1... Guam." Reaction.

OK OK you guys win! I think I'm going to stay...but I may still cut down on the collection. I would just hate to have to give up some of my stuff, like the WBS specialty jerseys I've hunted down and the game worn my friend got me for Christmas last year (she has connections, let's just say).

The jerseys under graphic sold me...

I definitely think it would be a shame to get rid of your WBS Pens specialty jerseys. Those AHL jerseys like that can be pretty hard to find a second time.

If you were to get rid of anything, do not get rid of the hard to acquire, rare stuff. These are items that you would likely never get back no matter how hard you tried. Getting rid of things like an Ovechkin Capitals red jersey is one thing, getting rid of a WBS Game Worn that was only worn in one game is another.

Getting rid of any Ovehckin jersey is generally a good idea.

;)

Unless you're strapped for cash, the worst thing you can do in a hobby is liquidate a collection, especially for far less than you paid for it.

If you don't have room for all your jerseys, and you have some time, I'd say aside from the jerseys that have high levels of sentimental value, I'd post everything on eBay with slightly higher than market value buy it now's/best offers. That way you don't risk auctioning them and losing out on what you originally paid, and you also let the universe decide which ones you keep.

Not just for the sake of jerseys, but if you are moving into a smaller apartment, you should do some research via youtube and sites like apartment therapy about small space solutions. Having a comfortable living space is important, the right furniture and set up in a small space can go a long way.