Mighty Ducks jerseys coming back, for a few games at least

Nas

IJ tweeted the other day that they are still waiting on the initial shipment, and that they ordered them but were unsure of when they would receive the shipment. So I believe they have the 6-8 week delay I case it takes that long for them to get the order in, but it could be sooner.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@xsportsdudex - Thanks for the information

@Guam64 - Yes, but you can't even get the Reebock Edge Authentic Jersey in the Throwback Mighty Ducks style/colors. It was worn by the players during the game, but it's not for sale.

Ah, I see! Okay :thumbsup:

Yea, I have a few authentic jerseys the I got for the price of a Premiere... I wait until Reebock decides to change theirs and my local store discounts them to clear the shelves.

I remember when all they did was change the logo on the back and they cut the price of the old ones to $120 to get rid of them. I think they changed it from the word 'Reebock' to their logo (or vice versa).

You got to see the old Sens logo, though, and even that was something I liked to see. :D

Huh? Ottawa didn't wear throwbacks, did they?

Huh? Ottawa didn't wear throwbacks, did they?

Nope. Sadly. :( Had Ottawa been introduced a year later than they did (they were born in the 1992-93 season, they celebrate 21 years this year), it probably would've happened.

But still, they had the old Sens logo on the jumbotron and TV broadcasts, which was epic, and added to the 90'sness.

1014-ana-tvgfx.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVE

^ I didn't know that they did that! The attention to detail! Even the telecast font screams early 90s!

That must not have been on my broadcast, too bad, that would have been cool to see.

I was in the NHL Store yesterday and asked an employee about it and he said they won't be making them because the NHL doesn't have the rights to the design. I guess Disney still owns the Mighty Ducks logo and the NHL got permission to use it and make limited run replicas. He could be wrong, but it doesn't sound unreasonable to think that could be the case.

The Mighty Ducks never wore Starters- they used Nike instead (1996-99) during the years Starter was active in the NHL. They used CCM's in their early years (1993-1996), ProPlayer (1999-2000), CCM/Koho (2000-2004), then Reebok since 2005.

Both CCM and Starter (not to mention ProPlayer) made replicas of some teams, even if they did not make the on-ice jerseys for those same teams.

That clears up a lot about that CCM replica 4th jersey I picked up recently. Thing's just bizarre.

I was in the NHL Store yesterday and asked an employee about it and he said they won't be making them because the NHL doesn't have the rights to the design. I guess Disney still owns the Mighty Ducks logo and the NHL got permission to use it and make limited run replicas. He could be wrong, but it doesn't sound unreasonable to think that could be the case.

Not true. Ducks logo was included in the sale to the Samueli's and it was Brian Burke's decision to move away from both the logo and the colors.

Quick question, I'm looking for a Mighty Ducks jersey on eBay and right now I'm looking at CCM and Starter replica jerseys, what years did they wear the CCM jerseys and what years did they wear Starter jerseys?

Just regarding Starter replicas, if you are planning on going down the replica path (which in this case is your only choice), they are some of the better replicas in my opinion, even have double shoulders and elbows.

I just picked up a replica Mighty Ducks jersey, where's the best place for me to send this to get customized?

I have read Monkey Sports in Irvine does Anaheim's on ice jerseys, customization costs $100 through them.. If you have the time you can definitely find some more information on this thread: http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2303

I have read Monkey Sports in Irvine does Anaheim's on ice jerseys, customization costs $100 through them.. If you have the time you can definitely find some more information on this thread: http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2303

Totally forgot about that thread, thank you!

This hasn't been the case since the start of the lockout. The Ducks have taken their business away from Monkey.