It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Got my order back from EPS after a few days shy of four months today but it was worth the wait! First time getting jerseys customized and I'm stoked about it all turned out. Still have some patches that I need to put on a few of them but had to share! Everything was blank except the Samuelsson in which they fixed the name for me. That being said if you see something that isn't 100% perfect feel free to speak up but I'm happy with them for sure :). The link below has the full sized pictures since I couldn't figure out the thumbnails >_>.

http://public.fotki.com/FuzzyPenguin30/my-collection-/

I am sorry for your loss. :P

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I didn't put Jagr on any of them :thumbsup:

Thanks for blowing that lead against the Red Wings too since it just eliminated the Caps, because those clowns managed to screw up the tank last night. :thumbsup:

Edited by guam64

Yes but the good news is that the Devils are also eliminated!

The Samuelsson definitely has the wrong 5. That's unfortunate because it's a very simple font to get right. It should be the same as the one on the Barrasso. Looks like the arm ones are the same too. Blech.

That Hagelin Michigan jersey is fantastic! Did they kiss-cut the numbers or is it all stacked? I honestly don't even know if they use kiss-cut on the ice but it would look great in that style regardless.

I remember the first jersey I ever got customized was a Nick Lidstrom that had an upside down two like that when I was a wee lad, still have it, still tilts me.

Really nice Penguins pickups! Pretty jealous of that Coffey, and I would love to have one of those Starter mesh home jerseys as well.

The only comment I would make from a historical accuracy standpoint has to do with the Francis mesh jersey. It's a 1997/98, and I believe at the beginning of the year his home jersey was a leftover ultrafil from 96/97. He may have used a mesh later on in the 97/98 season, but for sure he would have had the "C" on it, as Lemieux did not play that year.

I was basing the A actually off of the same jersey cupcake had only his was black because I couldn't find to much information on exactly when they were worn outside of the year. The 2 I have are almost the same except for the collars. One is really thin while the other is almost twice the size. Could this mean they were made for different years? They wore the mesh the second half of the 96/97 and parts of the 97/98 season as far as I could find out. These are the two threads I am getting this info from. The black diagonal

pittsburgh mesh I have has the thicker collar if that helps at all haha.

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=1;t=010498

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2630&page=2

Edited by FuzzyPenguin

I remember the first jersey I ever got customized was a Nick Lidstrom that had an upside down two like that when I was a wee lad, still have it, still tilts me.

It still kills me when I see the Joe selling the same stupid "5's" and "3's"... like in the Datsyuk jersey I bought before I was jersey super-freak :noway: . I get that most people don't care.... but when you are selling team jerseys that aren't close to correct in your own stadium.... awful....

Here is a picture of the three I have, the top 2 have the thicker collar where as the bottom has the smaller one. No idea if that would signify two different years or batches at least.

IMG_1246-vi.jpg

I was basing the A actually off of the same jersey cupcake had only his was black because I couldn't find to much information on exactly when they were worn outside of the year.

Cupcake Jesus' jersey is clearly a 96/97 from the hem logo. Francis would have had the "A" on his 96/97 mesh jerseys, but yours is not a 96/97- from the tags and hem logo, it must be a 97/98 (or possibly a 98/99), but Francis left the Pens after 97/98.

Here is a black mesh from 97/98 that has the same hem logo as the 96/97. Confuses me lol. http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1997_98_Jaromir_Jagr_Pittsburgh_Penguins_Game_Worn_Jersey-4407-120.html

Sounds like you are right though thanks for the info, I'll end up changing it eventually just to be safe since that will bug me haha. They don't make it as easy as it should be :noway:

It's not really that confusing, actually- the Penguins commonly used leftover jerseys from the previous season to begin the next season. The Jagr you just posted is a made-in-96/97 that was used the next year in 97/98. Even Francis' 1st set 97/98 white jersey was really a leftover 96/97 ultrafil, as I mentioned earlier. Many of the small-block CCM Penguins 1988/89 jerseys were used during the 89/90 season, while most other teams were already using the big block CCM logo.

But unfortunately the jersey you have has a logo and tags that didn't appear until 97/98, after which time Francis no longer used the A.

Yea I figured as much in terms of some older years being used in later years but obviously not the other way around. Annoys me I missed that haha, thanks for pointing it out hopefully won't be a hard fix.

It still kills me when I see the Joe selling the same stupid "5's" and "3's"... like in the Datsyuk jersey I bought before I was jersey super-freak :noway: . I get that most people don't care.... but when you are selling team jerseys that aren't close to correct in your own stadium.... awful....

Same here. Those abominations everyone wore during the Lidstrom number retirement ceremony were embarrassing too. The fans who paid obscene amounts for those event worn jerseys should be ashamed.

Love those Starter mesh Pens ... amazing that you've got 3 of them.

A Rangers fan that likes Penguins jerseys? Absurd! ;)

A Rangers fan that likes Penguins jerseys? Absurd! ;)

At least It's not the Isles, Devils, or Flyers. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Where'd you get that one? I'd love to get a white to go along with my victory green.

It had turned up on eBay as a BIN so i grabbed it.

Ugh, lucky SOB!

Just landed this one from Eric's time in the SM-Liiga during the lockout. I got it from a Finnish collector who had gotten it from the team. I'll be wearing it to the Adam Oates firing party this weekend. The patches are great and the numbers are all felt pressed.

CZBl1G4.jpg

eVrBp8K.jpg

F66JEPm.jpg