It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers and Flyers fans together? Absurd!

(Any other new arrivals? ;) )

If your referring to what I think you're referring, I just have to do a little ironing. It does look amazing though.

Ah, why yes it is. I traded it to a friend of mine. And here it is back in my hands. It's a sweet looking jersey. Green/red should be their full-time color scheme. Xmas fo life.

Still my favorite. I wish I still had the ones I sold.

Guest Dr_Puck

Another Whalers jersey to add to my collection arrived today. Payne was drafted by the Bruins in 2012 and wore this jersey for Plymouth the following season. I had forgotten but Payne was the prospect Boston sent to Dallas for Jagr. The jersey is in pretty good condition, save for a small hole in each arm.

Hi4ZPr4l.jpg?1VRv5pEOl.jpg

Seems I have more going out than coming in as I kind of refocus, but it allows me to add stuff like this from time to time. Yeah, it's an ugly jersey, but it's meaningful to me and was worn for some significant CBJ events - home opener, inaugural season; possibly worn during the first OT GWG by Geoff. Stupidly - there are almost no images online from this season. A Getty search for Geoff Sanderson Columbus yields this wonderful photo from November 2000.

160991038.jpg?v=1&g=fs2%7C0%7Ceditorial1

Yep, no sign of Geoff or anyone else and that is it from the 2000-01 season (on Getty). At least I have been able to video match it to the home opener, so it's very cool to me that it was worn during the opening faceoff and first shift in CBJ history. I'm sure it was worn for other 'firsts' but it would be great to confirm it with a match. Anyway, Sanderson was one of my favorite early Jackets, and is more or less the first player I ever watched that really, truly seemed like an NHL player. I'm happy to add this to the road inaugural jersey of his that I obtained a few months ago.

So, without further delay:

2000-01 CBJ Geoff Sanderson home jersey from the inaugural season. Velcro A, two small repairs and some stick marks. Also of note, the second "N" is really an upside down U (notice the lack of serif on one of the columns compared to the other N). This made it easy to match to video of opening night ceremonies. CBJ used Cutting Edge Sports for that first season, so the numbers are unique to that season, being reverse kiss cut (I think that's the right term) and wider and fatter. The nameplate also uses a slightly modified font with larger letters from what they've used since.

2000-01%20CBJ%20Geoff%20Sanderson%20Home

2000-01%20CBJ%20Geoff%20Sanderson%20Home

Edited by wooten

I was caught up in the cupcake AND the foot!

I still can't even believe footcake is a thing.

But seriously, that is a lot of jerseys. Are you trying to build a full team set??

Are you trying to build a full team set??

Several...from every year...have you not seen this man's closet?

hey slimcutta, this is the best angle that i could get, mind you, this is just the hockey portion, just for you:

IMG_0992.jpg

Awesome.

I always chuckle when Footcake drops a Canucks bomb in this thread because I love the fact that his nickname was born here and he totally owns it. Grats man.

Footcake for the WIN!

(and very nice jerseys!)

I'm just amazed at the length of his hall that he can line up 12 jerseys. BTW does the amount of toes in the pictures in anyway correlate to a personal rating of the jersey?

haha i f'n love you guys!

Dr_Puck: 11 of these were from an EPS order. the Bartel was a fb pick up :)

mfitx804: the intention is to try and get a home/away of every player, yes

thank you again for the kind words. lets keep em' coming!

PS: i just realized, in my profile info under "Member Title", someone put in "Footcake", now who did that????????

Edited by bb83

PS: i just realized, in my profile info under "Member Title", someone put in "Footcake", now who did that????????

A moot point now that you changed your name to FOOTCAKE :thumbsup: but for historical reference:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=6702#entry143896