It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

kontos_toledo.jpg

This one arrived today. The Toledo Walleye are selling off some old gamers, and this is my first ECHL jersey. Kristoff Kontos joined the Walleye at the end of the season after his overage season with the Saginaw Spirit ended last year. I have been a season ticket holder of Saginaw since the beginning. I have been looking for a Walleye jersey featuring one of our Spirit players, and I was happy to find this one which is the Walleye 3rd jersey that features the "Real Fish" crest.

This one is a size 56 6100 cut with a shortened fight strap. Kontos is not a fighter, so I am thinking that he had to use this jersey as it was one of the only ones available at the end of the year. The strap was probably shortened because he probably needed a 52 or 54 not a 56. This leads me to believe that he actually wore this one and it wasn't simply prepped for him to wear, although I have not yet found a picture of him wearing it. It shows wear as it is very likely that #28 had been put into service during the season for another player, as minor league guys come and go.

It would have been a bad idea to send a Quesalupa in the box along with the jersey, but right now they are only available in Toledo as apparently it is a test market for Taco Bell. Needless to say, I fricken want one. Come on Toledo!!!

Edited by DiscoStu

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Real-Fish jersey. I have one on the way that I should be able to post soon.

Mine has the assistant captains A patch, and it's the most rushed sew-job I've ever seen.

Cool Fuhr jersey! What's the story with him playing with the Amerks? Was he a holdout that year?

From Jersey Baron. 2.0 Senators 3rd Heritage Jersey. Great seller. Also this Center Ice Sharks with a crazy BIN price. $39.99

IMG_3721-vi.jpgjIMG_3716-vi.jpg

1999-2000 Keith Primeau Road Jersey. Size 58. Joe Tomon LOA.

100_8641-vi.jpg

100_8742-vi.jpg

This orange road jersey was worn by Primeau after his arrival to Philadelphia on 1/23/2000. The interesting thing about this one is the absence of the 2000 patch that was worn by the all of the teams in the NHL for the 99-00 season. Through some research/homework (you never stop learning things it seems), I was able to uncover that not all of the jerseys in the Flyers first road set had the 2000 patches. This one may be an example of this as there appears to be no sign of the patch having been removed. It may have been one of the first jerseys worn by Primeau after his arrival to the team. Another possibility is that it was worn as a backup for the remainder of the 99-00 season and into the 00-01 pre-season. It could have even been kept as a backup for the 2000-01 season even though the Flyers had switched to Koho branded jerseys on the road orange and alternate blacks in the 2000-01 season. The LOA identifies the jersey as being worn in 2000-01 because there is no 2000 patch but after speaking in length with Milt Byron, this may not be the case as stated above

On to the jersey. The wear is on the lighter side with the front of the jersey showing a 5" faded slash mark on the lower right side and a few faded black markings on the lower front of the jersey. The right sleeve has about 4 black markings in the white area of the sleeve, 2 light board burns in the elbow area, and blood stains next to the sleeve #2. The left sleeve has approximately 5 black markings on the white part of the sleeve, a burn to the sleeve #2, 5 board burns in the black cuff area, 2 board burns in the elbow area, and one 3" burn in the elbow area that leads to two 1/2" un-repaired board burn holes. The rear of the jersey exhibits two black markings and a Primeau's signature on the rear #5. The inside of the jersey has 25 penned on the CCM neck tagging and shows light salting to the fight strap buttons.

i100_8648-vi.jpg

100_8661-vi.jpg

100_8667-vi.jpg

I've been searching since 2007 for an orange Primeau road, basically since I got involved in this hobby.

A fellow collector once told me, "everything pops up eventually". He was right!

Edited by rob77ta

Got this today from JB. Gonna be a Toffoli.

Great Jersey. JB is great.

From Jersey Baron. 2.0 Senators 3rd Heritage Jersey. Great seller. Also this Center Ice Sharks with a crazy BIN price. $39.99

I love those Sens, and what a deal on the Sharks!

Auto looks to be Tie Domi -

Does that explain the shortened sleeves as well?

Doesn't look like they've been shortened to me - if trying to emulate how Domi had his sleeves customized, the end of the sleeves wouldn't have reached the top of the first white stripe in that picture (and Domi had his "pinched" in as well to make them tighter) -

How long did the Tampa kits take

3 months

The Bishop is so clean and crisp, loving it

Thanks! Looks even better in person.

Edited by khabbi

Just in from EPS. Loved the 2000 ASG jerseys, working on a Devils team set. The World Team ones were fun with the reversed customization on back (numbers up top, name on bottom). Also cool in that Elias wore #29 instead of his customary #26, which was worn in that game by Martin Rucinsky.

add50dea2fb0b2db8c658cfaa328f768_zps145b

2208629410ea986b84231d16981b0bc8_zpsbbc8

Great looking All Star jersey ,Nice pick up I will keep my eye open for other Devil players from that year ,Who are you missing

Great looking All Star jersey ,Nice pick up I will keep my eye open for other Devil players from that year ,Who are you missing

Only missing a Gomez, EPS has my goalie jersey for a Brodeur already. I had a Gomez I bought back in 2000, but I traded it because I am no longer the size I was 15 years ago.

If you saw a size 56 Gomez or blank, I would be much obliged.