It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

A couple beauties arrived today. Both aquired in a trade with Slimcutta.

Thanks Chris ☺

1988-1989 Paul Coffey home jersey.

20160304_213612-1_zpsgpmj2uph.jpg

20160304_213726-1_zps9ltsvuhc.jpg

1987-1989 Patrick Roy home jersey. Size 48.

20160304_213824-1_zps5cxoqkzw.jpg

20160304_213927-1_zpsx2ezu7c7.jpg

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you can be fairly sure they are authentic, having gotten them from the guy who wrote the book!

Did he get your left testie for those :P? Kidding aside sweet pickups.

Thanks man...testes still in tact! ;)

Sweet jerseys. Roy always gave me agita as a kid but he was fun to watch when he played any other team aside from Boston.

Anyone know the name of that font in the Coffey? How readily accessible would some nameplates be? That's common in the FHL and I have two gamers that need nameplates.

Thanks man. I'm not sure what font that is but I'm sure a quick email to Keener would yield an accurate answer. He's the man. Edited by The_Dude_Abides

00-01 "Stumpy" Thomas.

This was the first season the Leafs switched to the three layer numbers with the glitter on the bottom. The arm numbers with the thin top layer are specific to this year only. The following season the team customizer changed and the arm numbers got a thicker top layer that was used all the way until the Leafs went back to one layer numbers.

The 2001 playoffs were pretty memorable for the Leafs. They came in as the 7 seed playing against the 2nd seed Senaturds. Even though they were heavy underdogs and lost every game to the Sens during the regular season they laid a beat down on them and won the series 4-0. Went up against the top ranked Devils in the second round and I'm sure everyone remembers Domi KO'ing Niedermayer with an elbow and getting kicked out of the rest of the playoffs. Leafs had a 3-2 series lead but would end up losing in 7.

25502623256_08c9c8899b.jpg25233146980_7ef4df6fb4.jpg

I'm sure everyone remembers Domi KO'ing Niedermayer with an elbow and getting kicked out of the rest of the playoffs. Leafs had a 3-2 series lead but would end up losing in 7.

This is why I'll never understand why so many Leaf fans have a fondness for Domi. I once met Ken Sutton who was on that Devils team (he was a depth D-man - didn't get a ton of ice time) and he told me that the Leafs totally had them on the ropes in that series, but the Domi cheap shot got them motivated to find the next gear and eliminate the Leafs. Frickin' Domi.

This is why I'll never understand why so many Leaf fans have a fondness for Domi. I once met Ken Sutton who was on that Devils team (he was a depth D-man - didn't get a ton of ice time) and he told me that the Leafs totally had them on the ropes in that series, but the Domi cheap shot got them motivated to find the next gear and eliminate the Leafs. Frickin' Domi.

But you can show the big guys they're no big deal by switching to Comwave...

maxresdefault_zpss0teldqe.jpg

I have no doubt we would have took that series if it wasn't for Domi. The Leafs are an absolute joke of a franchise right now but those early 2000 Quinn teams were legit contenders to go to the finals every year. They just could never get the breaks they needed to make it to a finals.

As a devils fan, I remember that Domi hit being the turning point of that series. They were going toe to toe up to that point but it felt like the Leafs were the ones with the very slight advantage.

That Domi hit really screwed them down the line too. They reached an emotional peak in that round. They coasted through a Pens team that was pretty lucky to get to the ECF and then went to the finals and they looked just out of it.

Also didn't help that Mogilny disappeared after the second round, brodeur was having one of his worst postseasons of his career and that they thought they could win the finals just on talent alone. I remember the limos outside CAA before game 6 and we were told those are for the devils players after their win that night. Well we all know how that ended up.

So I got my first order back from Keener yesterday. He does some pretty amazing work!

2005-2006 Chris Neil team issued Senators size 54.

20160305084002_IMG_5191-1_zpsrxuczwgc.jp

20160305083906_IMG_5190-1_zpsyn6rschk.jp

2002-2003 Joe Nieuwendyk Devils size 56.

20160305084213_IMG_5194-1_zpsysmetntl.jp

20160305084114_IMG_5192-1_zpskupc2hyy.jp

2002 Mario Lemieux All Star size 52.

20160305082955_IMG_5180-1_zpske1qqbvy.jp

20160305082511_IMG_5175-1_zpsvc5dbttw.jp

1992-1993 Dave Andreychuk Leafs size 54.

20160305082121_IMG_5172-1_zpsdtpms0dj.jp

20160305081951_IMG_5170-1_zps0opllukg.jp

2003-2004 Ed Belfour Leafs 3rd size 52.

20160305083750_IMG_5189-1_zpssldaslob.jp

20160305083651_IMG_5188-1_zpsyocnrxs1.jp

2002 Team Canada Brendan Shanahan size 48.

20160305082408_IMG_5174-1_zps60fv8oif.jp

20160305082300_IMG_5173-1_zpsftzqsubk.jp

Don't know enough about the rest, but the Devils and the All Star look spot on.

That's awesome. Love the Andreychuk and Belfour. I have an order into keener for a strip and customization on a Flames retro. The thing about him that is great is that he charges in CDN Funds.

Quick question: would you guys recommend IJ for customizing a Pens retro? Thinking about getting one and taking advantage of the customization special going on

Love that andreychuk. Those ultrafils were jersey perfection.

Love that andreychuk. Those ultrafils were jersey perfection.

Thanks! I just wish CCM would have stitched the crest on straight...lol. she's a wee bit crooked. But what do you do right?

While Nieuwendyk wore the A at times in the season, not sure if he wore it in the playoffs that year (he didn't play at all in the finals but that's not a biggie).

That's awesome. Love the Andreychuk and Belfour. I have an order into keener for a strip and customization on a Flames retro. The thing about him that is great is that he charges in CDN Funds.

Quick question: would you guys recommend IJ for customizing a Pens retro? Thinking about getting one and taking advantage of the customization special going on

I would send all my strip jobs to Keener but there is a small problem. He's not equipped to handle the outlines with chemicals. He said he doesn't have the propor ventilation and sinks etc. To do it proporly. I had to resort to using another shop in Toronto for strip jobs because I don't have the time or space to do it myself. I can seam rip, but that's about it.

I can't comment on IJ custom jobs, never seen their work.

While Nieuwendyk wore the A at times in the season, not sure if he wore it in the playoffs that year (he didn't play at all in the finals but that's not a biggie).

You nailed it. Bummer it's not correct. I could take the A off but I might leave it...we'll see.

2090243_zpstfm9qjnx.jpg

Nice stuff, Dude. Excited to add one of these to the collection. Looks brand new.

So nice! One of my all time favorite jersey designs. Nice find! Edited by The_Dude_Abides

I would send all my strip jobs to Keener but there is a small problem. He's not equipped to handle the outlines with chemicals. He said he doesn't have the propor ventilation and sinks etc. To do it proporly. I had to resort to using another shop in Toronto for strip jobs because I don't have the time or space to do it myself. I can seam rip, but that's about it.

I can't comment on IJ custom jobs, never seen their work.

Thanks. I sent an Edge 2.0 and he said he could strip it and re do it. Hopefully the outlines won't be too bad