It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New arrival from Facebook. I believe the letters might be slightly off. My goaltender binge continues.

sharememe4703561475_zps6oj7ca40.jpg

This just in from Slim. 1985-86 Kirk Muller. Fantastic condition.

AMyjtpA.jpg

ZkFo15s.jpg

Also came with a lil' somethin' somethin' to go with it ;)

pHvKSdu.jpg

Nice! A doormat AND a doorstop! :P

:doh:

Beauty!

Thanks!

You should put that on eBay for $600 NOW!!!!!

HAHAHA. I knew this was coming,

Edited by jsh139

Great looking jersey for sure ,and yea you save one from the long death it would have sitting on eBay

Great looking jersey for sure ,and yea you save one from the long death it would have sitting on eBay

Thanks. This one won't be leaving my closet anytime soon, that's for sure.

2000-01 Columbus Blue Jackets Ron Tugnutt Home Set 1 (Inaugural Season) - worn during first season, one small repair, post paint and decent goalie wear.

2000-01%20CBJ%20Ron%20Tugnutt%20Home%201

2000-01%20CBJ%20Ron%20Tugnutt%20Home%202

2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets Boone Jenner Alternate
2015-16%20CBJ%20Boone%20Jenner%20Alterna

2015-16%20CBJ%20Boone%20Jenner%20Alterna

2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets Oliver Bjorkstrand Road - rookie season

2015-16%20CBJ%20Oliver%20Bjorkstrand%20R

2015-16%20CBJ%20Oliver%20Bjorkstrand%20R

2015-16 Columbus Blue Jackets Seth Jones Home - CBJ Debut, repair on right sleeve, size tag cut out

2015-16%20CBJ%20Seth%20Jones%20Home%201-

2015-16%20CBJ%20Seth%20Jones%20Home%202-

When Bjorkstrand scored a game winning overtime goal for Lake Erie vs Grand Rapids about two weeks ago, one of the morning tv anchors in Cleveland was reading the story and when his name came up on the TelePrompTer he pronounced it "Oliver ummmStrand". This is a guy who one time when throwing to the guy doing a remote at a music school said " I know Kenny can play instruments, I've seen him play the skin flute." Howard Stern sometimes plays that clip on his show.

Ultra rare Albany River Rats 2002-03 Game Issued 10th anniversary jersey. From what I recall, they were issued but Lou Lamoriello would not allow the team to wear an "alternate" jersey. I had a retail authentic of this style back in the day, I am quite happy to add this one back into the collection.

This jersey also serves as a reminder that people are gross. This jersey definitely needs to be washed. Wash your jerseys, people, they're just clothes.

8A2296B2-DA61-4CCE-83F4-B37892BE2F7D_zps

F52C37AF-F664-44BF-A791-1251D30C6247_zps

Nice pickup! The story is accurate as well and they did the same thing with the black alternates a year or two later, but on those they allowed the team to wear them during meet & greets with fans. I actually had my Bret Clouthier up for sale a couple months ago. Surprised you didn't buy that one.

The Clouthier also came to be pretty dirty. Never wore it as it is a 58 and a tent on me so I never washed it, but might do that soon. I know a lot of these ended up in the hands of fans who would wear them out to games quite a bit. It seems to be a thing with minor league teams who pump out endless supply of gamers where the fans buy them to wear to the games, so a good chunk of jerseys you see at the arena are wearing gamers.

Nice pickup! The story is accurate as well and they did the same thing with the black alternates a year or two later, but on those they allowed the team to wear them during meet & greets with fans. I actually had my Bret Clouthier up for sale a couple months ago. Surprised you didn't buy that one.

The Clouthier also came to be pretty dirty. Never wore it as it is a 58 and a tent on me so I never washed it, but might do that soon. I know a lot of these ended up in the hands of fans who would wear them out to games quite a bit. It seems to be a thing with minor league teams who pump out endless supply of gamers where the fans buy them to wear to the games, so a good chunk of jerseys you see at the arena are wearing gamers.

Well, I wasn't collecting the Rats' jerseys when you had yours up, its a recent development for me. Also, if I recall, you had the white one where I have a strong preference for red.

Plus I paid less than half of what you were asking, which also helped. ;)

Well, I wasn't collecting the Rats' jerseys when you had yours up, its a recent development for me. Also, if I recall, you had the white one where I have a strong preference for red.

lol true. I've actually seen less of the whites than the reds to be honest. They all look cool.

Half of what I was asking? Honestly I think you actually got a steal. I had people offering me what I was asking months before I posted it up for sale. Of course I went to them first and I got the whole "well I did have the money, but not anymore" story. D'oh on me :blush:

In the end I ended up keeping mine. Just too tough to find another one again.

I think I did as well. Many props to the board member who brought it to my attention AND refused to allow me to drag my feet in making the purchase.

On another note, everyone visit my sale thread, I need to pay for it :)

Never wore it as it is a 58 and a tent on me

Just to follow up on this comment, a 58 SP brand jersey must be HUGE, I find their 56's to be a little bigger than a CCM/Reebok 6100.

I can wear a 58 (looks no more tent like than one of you 150 pounders wearing a 54), but I usually reserve that for either 1) its selling for stupid cheap, or 2) its sufficiently rare and I may not find a 56. That's why I have zero in my collection at the moment.

Yours (my 9 year old would laugh if she heard me saying it), is #2.

Just to follow up on this comment, a 58 SP brand jersey must be HUGE, I find their 56's to be a little bigger than a CCM/Reebok 6100.

I can wear a 58 (looks no more tent like than one of you 150 pounders wearing a 54), but I usually reserve that for either 1) its selling for stupid cheap, or 2) its sufficiently rare and I may not find a 56. That's why I have zero in my collection at the moment.

Yours (my 9 year old would laugh if she heard me saying it), is #2.

I'm a hair under 6'0 and weigh about 225 pounds. The 58 SP is so large the main logo centers just above my belly button.

Funny, since didn't you say that you can't even see the color red? :D

I'm a hair under 6'0 and weigh about 225 pounds. The 58 SP is so large the main logo centers just above my belly button.

I'm 6'2" but with a comparatively long torso, I can get away with a 58 in a CCM but its just that, getting away with it. Never tries an SP but I expect it to be even larger.

Funny, since didn't you say that you can't even see the color red? :D

Correct. I have a strong preference for what I consider red. Apparently, red doesn't look like what I see. But I like what I see.

What's with Lamoriello and alternates? The Original Six teams have all worn alternates without compromising their heritage or brand. There was no reason why the Devils couldn't have had a simple red-to-black color swap alt. It would have looked nice and quite classy.

What's with Lamoriello and alternates? The Original Six teams have all worn alternates without compromising their heritage or brand. There was no reason why the Devils couldn't have had a simple red-to-black color swap alt. It would have looked nice and quite classy.

Just his thing. He was basically dragged into doing the first Retro Night in 2010 kicking and screaming by the Jeff Vanderbeek who was the Devils owner at the time.

I do know of a story a couple of long-time game worn collectors told me where at a private Q & A session with him someone asked why he was against using the red and green Devils jerseys as an alternative (this was a few years before the first retro night). His explanation was that the red and green represented the older "loser" Devils and wanted to separate them from the newer and more successful Devils teams.

At the same time I think it's actually a good thing. For every nice 3rd jersey you see about 4 or 5 terrible ones. Not only that but most 3rd jerseys just seem to be an obvious money grab than anything. Plus he was able to save our jersey from being "Chrome-ified" for the Stadium Series game in 2014. Very glad he put his foot down on that.