It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2012-2013 Set 2 Zubrus gamer, displays a huge repair cluster on the left sleeve as well as a lot of stick/puck marks throughout the sleeves and multiple burns. Got this for $300 less than Meigray's price. Between the price and being my first legitimate NHL gameworn I'm excited. Although a Devils Zubrus wasn't on my wish-list I'll take it since he's a former Flyer and I met him as a kid.

006_zps37e75aec.jpg

007_zps7565f1b1.jpg

Now, a big shout out to InkJerseys (he's a newer member named Pete) for hooking me up with a major want. He's a great guy and very easy to work with, he also is a great resource for Ducks 2.0's. Thanks again Pete!

002_zpsc6959e18.jpg

003_zps57d32903.jpg

And this becomes expendable with the above jersey arriving, so I will be updating my sale thread shortly. It's an 07-08 team issued Ducks goalie cut 58+ customized by Monkey Sports with tags and born on date sticker from 2007.

001_zps91013c09.jpg

012_zps5663a311.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm really so happy with this jersey, even with the ability to buy retails through JB there is still something special about a game-worn.

LAK47, surprisingly it was washed! I opened the box and expected it to reek, but was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to run it through the washer :D . When you got your gamer were you given the option to pick it up in person?

I went back and watched some videos, and noticed that Brown, Richards, and Doughty wore jerseys with the thinner shield during Game 6 if the 2012 SCF. I know that during the playoffs they had the normal patch shield, so I'm gonna go back and see what they wore for games 1-5 out of curiosity.

I don't know what I like better, I imagine for players the softer shield without points is nicer, but the patch feels a little more "hefty" but stabby. I guess it doesn't really matter either way :P

Surprised, but happy for you that yours was washed! I bought mine on-line (no pick-up) but it still stank!

Mine was mailed too, but now I'm curious. My sense of smell is not the greatest, but when I opened the box and took pictures I don't remember it reeking like I expected, though admitted I didn't get right up and check if it smelled. Maybe I just need to get my nose right in and see if it needs a wash! I'll be checking as soon as I get home today.

Edited by thefizzle656

Mike. Is. King!

He did a great job fixing my Spectrum patch jersey!

Previous:

0313041409_zpsc052335e.jpg

Now:

IMG_5768_zpsc96d9483.jpg

I would've taken a better picture but I can't bring myself to take the jersey off right now.

I went back and watched some videos, and noticed that Brown, Richards, and Doughty wore jerseys with the thinner shield during Game 6 if the 2012 SCF. I know that during the playoffs they had the normal patch shield, so I'm gonna go back and see what they wore for games 1-5 out of curiosity.

Those players used the thin shield for the past 2 seasons, and all 6 games of the SCF series, I'm pretty sure.

Yeah that Richards is sweet, I love those jerseys. Probably the best in the league now that the Flames gave up their original 'alternate'.

I just got this in. Game worn 2008/09 Patric Hornqvist Admirals. Nice sleeve wear, photomatched stick marks and its a 1.0 to top it off. One of my favorite players who only spent a little time in the AHL. I know Hornqvist owns the only other white one too. I now have most of my favorite Preds players Admirals jerseys and most of their styles. I love these things. Thanks to cjerina (again) for another great hookup on an Admirals jersey.

hornqvist-ads-f.png

hornqvist-ads-b.png

Love that Milwaukee Admirals. Been wanting to get one of those (hopefully a grey alternate) for a while.

Here's one I picked up awhile ago. I'd been putting off taking pics of it because the sleeves are 100 times more annoying than an Edge cut to lay flat.

Brendan Bell Avangard Omsk game worn KHL jersey

bell_omsk_avangard_2010-11_f_sm.jpgbell_omsk_avangard_2010-11_b_sm.jpg

Bell only played a single game in the KHL, so I was surprised to find a photo from that game.

bell_omsk_avangard_2010-11_pic.jpg

Then I did some more digging and found an interesting story. Here's what Elliotte Friedman said back in March 2011 in his "30 Thoughts" column:

18. Brendan Bell, who played 101 games with Toronto, Phoenix and Ottawa, is looking to catch on with an NHL team. Bell is finishing up with Biel in the Swiss league, hoping someone will give him a late-season look.

19. Before Switzerland, Bell signed with Avangard Omsk of the KHL, registering two assists in one game. But, as can happen in Russia (and this franchise in particular), he was asked to sign something in Russian. He admits he should have refused, but the next thing he knew, the club was claiming he'd signed his own release form and they didn't owe him any money. If that league wants to be taken seriously, this stuff must stop.

The next year he signed with the Rangers and played one game in New York before spending the rest of the year in Hartford.

Well I took a good whiff of my Richards jersey and it was definitely washed, it doesn't smell at all :D. As a comparison I smelled it and then smelled my Mitchell gamer which I know was washed. I'm pleasantly surprised since it seems that one-game and other special jerseys don't usually get washed. Out of curiosity, what's the recommended way to wash and dry an EDGE 2.0?

Edited by thefizzle656

Gentle cycle with cold water only. Hang dry.

So scarry I have washed my ahl jerseys that way and has worked no problems but was always nervous. But i havent tried with my nhl ones yet. I know the teams wash them but too nervous to wash the nhl ones

So scarry I have washed my ahl jerseys that way and has worked no problems but was always nervous. But i havent tried with my nhl ones yet. I know the teams wash them but too nervous to wash the nhl ones

Haha, I can understand the nervousness, but really... it will be fine. Like you said, teams wash them. They're durable jerseys. They'll be fine.

Hats off to you guys that draw and hand cut these numbers and letters from scratch! Quite the talent. Looks nice.

Wow,, Nice Sundin... Awesome job

i do apologize, i know this is NOT a jersey pick up, but i was just so elated and happy, and felt that i needed to share this with you guys! i got a chance to meet the Finnish Flash by accident. i was waiting for Canucks players to get autographs from, and a taxi pulls up, and out walks Selanne. my jaw, literally dropped. he took the time, literally, to sign for everybody there, even the autograph hounds who'd flip the item and put them on ebay :( he signed everything for everyone and posed for photos without a smirk of complaint or hesitation. im thankful i got to meet him, being a die-hard canucks fan, Selanne has made me a fan of his. again, what a classy guy

IMG_4421.jpgIMG_4431.jpg

So jealous. I really wanted to get his signature on my Wild Wing jersey when the Ducks were in Buffalo, but he injured his jaw right before and went back to Anaheim.

Probably never going to get the chance now, which is a bummer, but everyone's stories about how classy he is truly brighten my day.