It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Very nice Devils. I wish they'd go back to that style permanently.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the vintage style, I'd be ok with a permanent switch back to them for a while.

Thanks

Lol at the pylon comments. At least he's a slightly better player than Volchenkov

That is upsetting to hear, has his play really slipped that much? I loved the A-Train when he played for the Senators.

Volch is still much better than Salvador any day. Outside the 2012 playoffs Salvador ceased being a serviceable defenseman ever since he was sidelined with a concussion about three seasons ago.

Also when sal was chosen as captain it came as a shock to most. Elias has said many times he didn't like being captain that one season and it seemed that C weighed him down. After Salvador most devils fans would like to see either zajac or Greene to be the next captain.

Also got my josefson stadium aeries game worn today as well that I won on NHL auctions last week. I'll try to pics later this week but it has no wear on it that I can see.

I don't know how he played in Ottawa but I just don't think he's that great of a skater. When he does hit he hits hard which is good but it seems he doesn't hit that much anymore.

I just can't believe how Elias is not the captain of the over there, regardless of Salvador's performance.

Milan Hejduk 00-01 Stanley Cup Winning Season. I won this in the latest gamewornauction. Admittedly I don't know much about when it was worn so I'll start looking for photomatches, but they are always tough with older jerseys.

I've always loved the 2001 All Star Game logo.

9443171C-B981-44BD-B8B5-451719DD4E84-947

0FEF4AF2-B52E-4A4F-B105-C7EF762FFFC1-960

C355143E-9B00-4140-9562-B8694CE6064D-947

Edit: Don't know why photos aren't showing up. Looks like photobucket is struggling right now. Hopefully they fix their issues.

Double Edit: There we go.

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

I can't see the picture. I have a Drury from that season and can't seem to get game played dates either. What is your set numbers on it

2013-14 Columbus Blue Jackets Boone Jenner Home - rookie, some wear. This kid's a load. Fan favorite from his first preseason in 2011. Can't wait to see him develop. One interesting thing has developed in the three 2013-14 jerseys that are in collectors hands. It appears they recycled at least some from last year. Bluejacket has a 2013-14 Wisniewski that has the 2013-14 set stamp sewn over another tag, presumably the 2012-13 one. I have a Gaborik that has a 2013-14 tag sewn in, but clearly hand sewn and not in the same location as usual. My guess is it was untagged as is common after a trade and they added the tag this year when they did the rest. Neat stuff to this jersey nerd.

2013-14%20CBJ%20Boone%20Jenner%20Home%202013-14%20CBJ%20Boone%20Jenner%20Home%20

i-SHhfSvk-L.jpg

It actually doesn't have a set tag, which scares me but I believe it's genuine. I'll just have to do some more research.

Hollywood, just out of curiosity, what COA/LOA came with the sweater? Did you get one from the Avs or Meigray or just game worn auctions? I too have a Drury from this year set 1 road and it size tag looks vastly different than the one in your sweater. Wondering if yours is the Set 4 playoff set which had a Canadian flag size tag in the inner collar. What concerns me is that all the Avs jerseys had set tags in sweater. Maybe yours was a backup sweater? Check out my friend Eddie Olsen's Avs page and compare.

http://eddiesjerseyroom.com/avalanchejerseyroom

Edited by enzo269

I have an LOA with my Drury from the same year and it had the set tag on the inside bottom hem. But the set tag looks like it was ironed on like a patch and is sorts comming off but there is a white residue behind it from the glue maybe you could see something like that in your Hejduk if the tag fell off

Edited by Xspoilerx

Hollywood, just out of curiosity, what COA/LOA came with the sweater? Did you get one from the Avs or Meigray or just game worn auctions? I too have a Drury from this year set 1 road and it size tag looks vastly different than the one in your sweater. Wondering if yours is the Set 4 playoff set which had a Canadian flag size tag in the inner collar. What concerns me is that all the Avs jerseys had set tags in sweater. Maybe yours was a backup sweater? Check out my friend Eddie Olsen's Avs page and compare.

http://eddiesjerseyroom.com/avalanchejerseyroom

Mine is just from Game Worn Auctions. The Bourque that was just sold didn't have a set tag either. It is interesting that from what I can tell the Nieminen is the only one with that type of neck tagging.

I hope it's real but haven't really been able to tell one way or another whether it's legit or not. I doubt I'll be able to photomatch it.

This is my first time buying an older gamer that wasn't sold by Meigray. What other things should I look for? Probably should have done this research before but it's always a learning experience.

As X Spoiler mentioned, maybe look to see if there is any residue where a set tag may have been glued to the inner rear hem. I would send the sweater to Barry and Stu at MeiGray to get a backup LOA..

Jersey looks legit, but the missing set tag concerns me as an Avs collector.

Your best bet is just to try and photomatch it. I doubt MGG is going to issue you a LOA when they don't have an inventory tag on it, and they will probably charge you to photomatch it just to get one which really defeats the purpose.

That's the problem with some of these older jerseys that have changed hands through certain dealers that do not pass on the original MGG LOA out of fear that it gets switched with a fake. The irony is that one of the dealers famous for doing this eventually got caught up in a whole lot shady business that IMO made his own LOAs that came with the jerseys he sold pretty much worthless.

Haven't posted in a while. but I just got in a bunch of new ones

Pens Reebok Indo Edge Third. Going to be Crosby.
IMG_2049_zps80355eb4.jpg

Islanders Team Issued 1.0. Going to be Guerin
IMG_2050_zps35bf5b2d.jpg

2005-2006 Islanders Masi Marjamäki jersey. I will strip it and turn it into a Satan.

E: actually, checking for evidence, I found a picture of Marjamaki wearing a blue jersey in his only NHL game. So this is definitely not NHL game worn (nor did I ever say it was one).But it definitely looks like a Pro jersey, no doubt about that.
IMG_2051_zpsd43b7a3d.jpg

IMG_2052_zpsa8eb784e.jpg

Edited by oiler99

2002-03 Mikael Samuelsson NY Rangers Set 1 Road. Always liked Samuelsson.. Glad to have added one of his Rangers gamers.

d37q.jpg

d37q.jpg

2007-08 Dan Girardi (Brian Leetch Night) worn in third period vs. Atlanta Thrashers.. Very light wear as would be expected from a sweater worn one period. If anyone has photos from this game and can help me, please let me know.. I would very much appreciate it... Very excited to add this G gamer...

jzeh.jpg

v1rv.jpg

zhakx.jpg

So that's who I was competing with for that pile. Nice grabs!

Edited by thebiggoalie

I was watching that one Enzo but didn't jump into the pool....super pickup for sure! Grata!

Nice haul Enzo ..

And I too was wondering if anyone picked up that #46 Girardi rookie ...