It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A no-brainer- Denver Athletic.

Denver Athletic... As they do the team's lettering..

Thanks!

Wow! Awesome Blues! How'd you snag those?

2002-2003 Denny Lambert Milwaukee Admirals - heavy wear & numerous cuts & repairs -

001_zps484f769d.jpg

002_zps071db30a.jpg

003_zps10eaf05a.jpg

004_zps56de4e71.jpg

005_zps17cd9df8.jpg

The Vintage Blues jerseys seem tough to find. I can't find this jersey in white.

I was able to land a Mellanby 03-04 Vintage jersey earlier this year.

Edited by modano1973

2002-2003 Denny Lambert Milwaukee Admirals - heavy wear & numerous cuts & repairs -

Nice pickup. When the seller bought it from me, I asked him to contact me if he decided to sell it, obviously that consideration was never given. Didn't even see it was for sale until it sold :-/

You could probably pick up better fighters from the Ads, but its hard to find another with similar wear on it! Glad to see it going to a place where it will fit in perfectly.

Nice pickup. When the seller bought it from me, I asked him to contact me if he decided to sell it, obviously that consideration was never given. Didn't even see it was for sale until it sold :-/

You could probably pick up better fighters from the Ads, but its hard to find another with similar wear on it! Glad to see it going to a place where it will fit in perfectly.

Thanks - it was listed on GW.net in amongst a bunch of non-fighter jerseys and then it took a while to get here from Canada.

I wasn't a big Lambert fan, but he was a fighter missing from the collection that I needed. Definitely better fighters in the history of the Admirals, but probably not many jerseys from the Admirals as trashed as this one as you well know - flash from the camera removed many of the marks on it in the pics I posted. Definitely one of the more 'worn' jerseys I have...........

Just be aware Arena Wear is currently out of Reebok nameplates. If that matters to you, you should ask about it and possibly wait to customize.

Emailed AW to ask about this, here is their response:

'At this point RBK is not producing the materiel. The NYR are use our nameplate stock for there game jerseys. They (RBK) have straight stock for team jerseys but the arc that they make for the NYR is incorrect for team use. This started mid season last year.'

So technically they will give me what the team is using, so it's not wrong, per se, but should I try and procure a nameplate made of the "right" material? I'm leaning towards just sending it to AW but I'm interested in some other opinions.

Edited by Cygnus X-1

So technically they will give me what the team is using, so it's not wrong, per se, but should I try and procure a nameplate made of the "right" material? I'm leaning towards just sending it to AW but I'm interested in some other opinions.

The way I see it, you can either send to Arena Wear but only be accurate for this season's jerseys, or send to EPS and have the correct plate material but risk not being accurate in the customization.

I'm weighing this up myself as I have a couple of white Edge's that need be done up but don't know which way to take it.

I may have missed it being mentioned but was this the same situation last season with the new mystery material from AW?

'At this point RBK is not producing the materiel. The NYR are use our nameplate stock for there game jerseys. They (RBK) have straight stock for team jerseys but the arc that they make for the NYR is incorrect for team use. This started mid season last year.'

Depends what you are trying to accomplish. If you want it accurate to the on ice jerseys, the material used for the on-ice jerseys is the only "right" material. Using EDGE material that the team doesn't use would make it inaccurate, or at least less accurate.

Id have arena wear do it with the nameplates they use. Accuracy is everything and their plates are what's accurate.

'At this point RBK is not producing the materiel.'

That seems rather hard to believe, or maybe it's just the way they worded the response. If they are not "producing" the material, then what is that stuff the Rangers' jersey backs are made of? They probably meant Reebok wasn't selling it separately in rolls, but even if that is true, the white and blue the Rangers use are pretty common colors- almost every team uses white. AW stopped doing Edge nameplates quite a while ago, so if Reebok isn't "producing" the material, shouldn't other teams (not to mention other customizers like EPS) have run into this problem by now?

If they are not "producing" the material, then what is that stuff the Rangers' jersey backs are made of?

Fore-skin.

Edited by guam64

or send to EPS and have the correct plate material but risk not being accurate in the customization.

Spot on. I had EPS do a Rangers road jersey for me and while very good, it's ever so slightly off.

So glad my team doesn't use nameplates, I feel bad for you guys...seems like it's the same thing over and over again.

Along these lines, anyone know why the Rangers started using plates at all? It's not like they recycle the shirts and just remove the plate and pass it on to someone else

I took the aw response to mean that the arched nameplates reebok is sending aren't correct so aw use their own not that they don't have nameplates anymore

Spot on. I had EPS do a Rangers road jersey for me and while very good, it's ever so slightly off.

The issues I've seen with them are that they sometimes do the twos and threes wrong on the back numbers. Customizers frequently miss off the diagonal cut at the top of the curve and have it straight instead. That and the nameplate being curved like a pre-Edge jersey. To be fair to them they do put it right if you raise it with them.

This whole nameplate business is why Edge jerseys are such a pain in the ######. Although at least I don't have to find CCM or Starter mesh material for the older jerseys. Why did they have to adopt plates with the Edges!

Edited by RJH Boomshaker

Why did they have to adopt plates with the Edges!

Probably because Reebok promised the world to NHL teams and failed in every aspect they possibly could have. The nameplate situation being no different.