It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Haven't been around much as I haven't been picking anything up although I did get this from a local seller as I've been meaning to pick up a Chevy logo'd Kings jerseys for when I go to games (not a fan of the font on newer jerseys). My biggest conundrum now is if I want to knowingly commit a jersey foul and put on the 75th/25th patches? I really want the patches, but I'd have to strip the name/sleeve numbers and redo them in the previous year's font which looks absolutely horrible! Decisions.... decisions...

NWT ultrafil McSorley

DSCF2410_1-vi.jpg

DSCF2411_1-vi.jpg

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think the 91/92 triple-layer font looks cool, especially on the black jersey. I'll concede that the white jersey font is difficult to read, although I still like it.

If you like the patches that much, why not go with the 91/92? Hope you don't mind a nitpicky comment, but if you're going to strip the name and arm numbers to do the 91/92, then you may as well do the back numbers as well, since the center posts on the 3's are pretty short.

Anyways, I got something really cool in the mail today!

1988 World Junior Championship Team Canada team issued jersey for Ken Hitchcock

Now, I know what you're thinking... Ken Hitchcock was not a player on this team but he was an assistant coach, which is how he got this jersey.

After the famous "Punch-up in Piestany" disqualification in 1987, Canada came back to win the gold medal in 1988 with Jimmy Waite, Greg Hawgood and Theo Fleury leading the way.

Outstanding!!!

Any leads on a 1990 Team Canada WJC shirt?????

Figured since I'm trying to sell a jersey in another thread I should also let people know about jerseys I buy as well.

Bought this Premier Couture jersey from HockeyXSuperstore in San Jose. They also do there own customization so instead of press on letters/ numbers they are sewn on. Check em out if anyone wants a custom Sharks jersey.

post-17266-0-76478400-1383423623_thumb.j

post-17266-0-51698700-1383423630_thumb.j

Some new additions of my home team...both game worn.

First is from the Retro Game and second one from European Trophy.

6330250434fb9c87d90a2c9d8430c4a9_zps25fa

dd4128f703353b88994f81cdaede9917_zps1f5a

09452c947df250b0c8a0d1a5907c99a6_zpsd0ae

7cb249833e9b71d6f994a86054ecc264_zps605d

Really happy with this 2 additions...

Oh hey, nice Tanner Richard! They were raffling off one of his alternate gamers at the Crunch game last Saturday. Sadly I didn't win.

HA!! How much of a blatant rip-off is that Swiss jersey?? That's pretty funny. I guess they figured no one would notice or care!

I'll think you have this jersey in your mind....

ecee41768caceeb4dc833f589ea262d6_zps374e

But for many Seasons ZSC played in this jersey style....also the Tank played in this jersey :)

b34f0ef809723eb982ed52a11f09b34f_zpsfeb7

It looks really like a copy of the USA jerseys, but i like it still...I grew up with this jersey end of 80's and beginning of 90's.

So maybe a nice story to tell....

Ron Wilson was player and coach of ZSC 88/89 when they played with this jerseys. Before he played for Team USA and later he was also coach of Team USA.

88/89 was the first season ZSC played in this jerseys.

So maybe it was his inspiration to bring the USA design to Zurich. ZSC was in the second league by then, but they ended first and were promoted to the National League A this season. Since then they never went back to the second league and won 4 Swiss Championships.

Its not a jersey, but it will be framed with the jersey! The Oilers are in town today and and I went out and met one of my favorite players, Boyd Gordon at their practice. First time I ever really did something like that. He got a kick out of seeing his first game/goal jersey and he talked to me for quite some time.

Its a huge photo, I think 16x24 - pretty cool. Cant wait to get it up on the wall with both jerseys in the photo. Now if Steckel could just find his way back into the NHL.

AgeubyM.jpg

Its not a jersey, but it will be framed with the jersey! The Oilers are in town today and and I went out and met one of my favorite players, Boyd Gordon at their practice. First time I ever really did something like that. He got a kick out of seeing his first game/goal jersey and he talked to me for quite some time.

Its a huge photo, I think 16x24 - pretty cool. Cant wait to get it up on the wall with both jerseys in the photo. Now if Steckel could just find his way back into the NHL.

Very cool, Brandon

Thanks man! The company that sent me the picture accidentally sent 2 and I offered it to Boyd and he took it! I was surprised but happy he did!

While we're on the subject of Boyd Gordon, I just completed a trade that landed me these two for the collection!

2002-03 Red Deer Rebels - worn all season + Memorial Cup. This thing is TRASHED! Its hard to see but the right sleeve (left in photo) is destroyed. The photo doesnt do it justice but man is it one of the worst Ive seen. Ill have to post a close up later. A super sharp looking jersey too. Will be rocking this at the game tomorrow.

gordon-rebels-f.png

gordon-rebels-b.png

2004-05 Portland Pirates - Very nice wear on this one too. The biggest size 56 Ive ever seen. This thing is monstrous. VIP patch is a nice touch. Now if only I could find one of his freakin Hershey Bears jerseys!

gordon-pirates-f.png

gordon-pirates-b.png

Thanks man! The company that sent me the picture accidentally sent 2 and I offered it to Boyd and he took it! I was surprised but happy he did!

While we're on the subject of Boyd Gordon, I just completed a trade that landed me these two for the collection!

2002-03 Red Deer Rebels - worn all season + Memorial Cup. This thing is TRASHED! Its hard to see but the right sleeve (left in photo) is destroyed. The photo doesnt do it justice but man is it one of the worst Ive seen. Ill have to post a close up later. A super sharp looking jersey too. Will be rocking this at the game tomorrow.

Man, that Rebels jersey is beyond sweet. So jealous!

I wish more teams would let fans come in for morning skates for away teams, like the Predators seem to do for brandon... constantly, lol.

Some new arrivals after a long time.

2005-2006 Oilers Team Issued SCF, Going to be Markkanen

006_zpsf3f39e0f.jpg

2006-2007 or (2007-08?)Thomas Vanek Home. Looking for a Teammates For Kids patch to finish this one up. This is an interesting jersey because the model is RBK6100 but the jersey is clearly Edge material.

008.JPG009.JPG

Just got this today. RBK size 56.

DSC_0491-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Some new arrivals after a long time.

2005-2006 Oilers Team Issued SCF, Going to be Markkanen

Jealoussss! From my favorite era of Oilers jerseys... :(