It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Thanks to all those who replied regarding the SS jersey numbers. Looks like pretty much everyone is in favor of sticking with what is accurate- it's good to know this, and I can respect that.

I already have a couple of authentics with back numbers that had been reduced in size so they would fit within the confines of my small sized jerseys. It didn't really bother me back then, and it still doesn't right now, which is why I didn't think that I would regret it later if I went with smaller sized SS sleeve numbers.

Well, thankfully I'm not in a rush to make a decision any time soon, and perhaps it won't seem so bad to me later on. But for now, I'm still not crazy about the idea of putting on those huge numbers- it's kinda like Mona Lisa with Dumbo ears. Ugh...

image_zps65bf187b.jpg

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see how those things get applied. It's hard enough getting regular-sized arm numbers to lay flat for application onto EDGE jerseys. How is THAT going to work??

Good lord those numbers are atrocious. I wouldn't get it customized yet and when I finally did, I wouldn't mind modified, smaller numbers because those are ridiculous.

I'm still not crazy about the idea of putting on those huge numbers- it's kinda like Mona Lisa with Dumbo ears. Ugh...

woof

Edited by slimcutta

The picture I posted was a Photoshopped parody- the real numbers aren't quite that large, haha. But they're still ridiculously huge.

Just a thought - they're supposed to wear these again later this season - is it possible they wear another set with 'indoor' sized lettering?

They wore them twice last season without any changes in lettering, so I wouldn't assume they would do anything different this year.

I would love to see how those things get applied. It's hard enough getting regular-sized arm numbers to lay flat for application onto EDGE jerseys. How is THAT going to work??

Heat pressed for placement and then stitched.

Just came in the mail today, auction ended thur or fri can't remember. If you ever see starter mesh pens for a decent price pick it up, if you don't want to keep it I'll take it off your hands haha :P

WTH, how did I miss it?! I search Pens jerseys daily in eBay and haven't seen a Starter mesh Pens jersey there since I started to search. Could you post a link to the listing, so that I could see what went wrong?

WTH, how did I miss it?! I search Pens jerseys daily in eBay and haven't seen a Starter mesh Pens jersey there since I started to search. Could you post a link to the listing, so that I could see what went wrong?

That jersey was on eBay for over a month and was relisted several times.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281580544673?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If it was there for over a month I missed it as well a few times haha, though I have been slacking at the ebay refreshing lately. Started a new job though so ebay better watch out now :P

They wore them twice last season without any changes in lettering, so I wouldn't assume they would do anything different this year.

LAK, I thought about your situation in depth and saw the reasoning behind each position. Honestly, if it was a Flyers jersey that had such ridiculous looking sleeve numbers, I'd go with smaller sleeve numbers that will make you happy. Nobody else besides diehard collectors would even notice. At that price you gotta do what's gonna make you happy, especially (and I know it's the case) if your never going to sell it.

That jersey was on eBay for over a month and was relisted several times.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281580544673?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If it was there for over a month I missed it as well a few times haha, though I have been slacking at the ebay refreshing lately. Started a new job though so ebay better watch out now :P

Well I haven't seen that. Really weird… Well it does help me that it was a goalie cut jersey, since I'm not interested in those that much.

2014-2015 Jared Boll game worn jersey, Home Set 1 – jersey has a reinforced neck, custom/tightened sleeves and the 2015 All-Star game patch & “A” on the front. Worn in fight vs. Chris Thorburn.

I originally pre-ordered the Road Set 1, which saw action in multiple fights and was torn in the November fight against Zac Rinaldo – figured it would have a nice Frankenstein repair to it. When that jersey arrived @ Meigray, they called to tell me it arrived in two separate pieces. The damage to it from the Rinaldo fight was even worse than I’d seen from the fight video and obviously too extensive to repair, so they ‘retired’ it. I decided to pass on it and switched to the home instead – less wear and obviously far less damage, but at least its in one piece -

001_zps5a01920d.jpg

002_zps847aabd0.jpg

005_zps3772120e.jpg

004_zps20d6e0a8.jpg

003_zps07cabee9.jpg

Guest Dr_Puck

I'm not a Blue Jackets fan but I wanted to get this pre-season gamer. D'Amigo only played a half season in Columbus before he was dealt to the Sabres organization. This fits my collection since I look for jerseys of players from upstate New York who have gone pro.

96T5LkOl.jpgL2mg8Rdl.jpg?1

And for the record, it was the jersey that arrived today. Not the cat.

Edited by Dr_Puck

I'm not a Blue Jackets fan but I wanted to get this pre-season gamer. D'Amigo only played a half season in Columbus before he was dealt to the Sabres organization. This fits my collection since I look for jerseys of players from upstate New York who have gone pro.

And for the record, it was the jersey that arrived today. Not the cat.

I thought you started an Italian collection Edited by Flyers845

LAK, I thought about your situation in depth and saw the reasoning behind each position. Honestly, if it was a Flyers jersey that had such ridiculous looking sleeve numbers, I'd go with smaller sleeve numbers that will make you happy. Nobody else besides diehard collectors would even notice. At that price you gotta do what's gonna make you happy, especially (and I know it's the case) if your never going to sell it.

Of course he is never going to sell it, no one else is going to buy jerseys that small. :P