It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Holy cow on the Leafs TBTC.

Picked up yet another Aeros sweater. Had an airknit (?) replica when I was a kid; that was my first pro hockey jersey. Pretty much completes my personal Aeros collection. One day I'll get around to putting them all in the Show and Tell section.

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4330.JPG

IMG_4334.JPG

IMG_4332.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG

IMG_4338.JPG

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up yet another Aeros sweater. Had an airknit (?) replica when I was a kid; that was my first pro hockey jersey. Pretty much completes my personal Aeros collection. One day I'll get around to putting them all in the Show and Tell section.

The Aeros' Mad Bomber logo was one of the first minor league ones that made me sit up and just stare at it. A true work of art.

I do see a couple of missing styles though. We should talk. ;)

I absolutely love the twill Air Force logos on the shoulders. Those are so effin sharp looking. I really wish USA Hockey would have utilized that in a design at some point.

Guest Dr_Puck

Very nice collection LDH. It's nice to know I'm not the only one around here with a minor league- focused set. The Aeros are a classic franchise. If you ever want to trade, let me know...

Edited by Dr_Puck

Those Aeros jerseys are pretty darned sweet. Thinking of starting a Texas collection someday.

The Aeros' Mad Bomber logo was one of the first minor league ones that made me sit up and just stare at it. A true work of art.

I do see a couple of missing styles though. We should talk. ;)

I'm definitely missing a few from the complete collection. I meant something more like, for me, these are all the full time ones I had to have (plus the one-off ASG sweater). Knowing the way the site makes me think, I'll probably add more haha.

Brilliant!, on 13 Feb 2015 - 20:58, said:

I absolutely love the twill Air Force logos on the shoulders. Those are so effin sharp looking. I really wish USA Hockey would have utilized that in a design at some point.

If that happened I might have to buy 10 of them. The twill shoulder patches and the mesh construction are the biggest reasons I'm picky about authentics v. replicas. Those original bombers had a lot of unique touches: the twill military shoulder motif, the contrasting circle around the arm numbers, and the tapered waist stripes really bring it together. There's a fine line between novel and busy with hockey jerseys, but I think they stay on the side of novel. The look screams 90's, but there's a sense that the folks who put this together had a complete vision. For me, that keeps it from feeling dated. It's a little kitschy, but everything fits.

Edited by LongDistanceHeart

Probably an off-topic! I really like the various Aeros styles too and wanted to check all the styles they had over the years, but can't find anything.

Is there anything like the NHL Uniforms Database also for the AHL, where you can find all AHL teams and their different jerseys?

Thanks!!!

IMG_4338.JPG

Nice collection! Who is the 2010/11 with the #6 sticking out? Is it a Finals patched shirt? Sorry for all the questions, those shirts were nice, tons of wear from the set used for the whole season (the AHL issued 1 Finals set for Games #1 & #3 for some players)

Just got this one in today from CSL definitely worth the wait! 2.0 Winter Classic!

Edit: Bummer the pics won't attach

Edited by Jdems93

Probably an off-topic! I really like the various Aeros styles too and wanted to check all the styles they had over the years, but can't find anything.

Is there anything like the NHL Uniforms Database also for the AHL, where you can find all AHL teams and their different jerseys?

Thanks!!!

The closest would be the old gameworns.com jersey database, but there hasn't been any recent updates in quite a while.

If nothing else, I think that we possess the resources, the desire, and the time to compile something like nhluniforms.com for the IHL and AHL. I've actually gone through periods of searching and saving various gamer pics from over the years, but don't have the graphic know-how to convert it into anything meaningful like that.

So if someone does....

Edited by Nathan

Guest Dr_Puck

I want to like those Hawks jerseys (classic shirt and all) but the wounds are just too fresh. Grumble grumble seventeen seconds grumble.

BTW, anyone else have problems accessing the site tonight?

Edited by Dr_Puck

Toews

Kane

Sharp look as always. A little shocked my first thought was, "can't go wrong with veterans like that." Toews, Crosby, Ovi, etc. are all old enough to have reasonable car insurance rates (well, Ovi's probably isn't all thar treasonable). Not old by any stretch, but they aren't exactly young guns any more.

Nice collection! Who is the 2010/11 with the #6 sticking out? Is it a Finals patched shirt? Sorry for all the questions, those shirts were nice, tons of wear from the set used for the whole season (the AHL issued 1 Finals set for Games #1 & #3 for some players)

That's a Marco Scandella gamer from the Finals that year. Not sure if it was newly issued for the Finals, but there's not much in the way of board burns or puck marks. I just had to get a hold of one after that series; normally I'd love more wear, but you take what you can get with AHL Auctions (including auto'd gamers grumble rabble grumble).

The closest would be the old gameworns.com jersey database, but there hasn't been any recent updates in quite a while.

If nothing else, I think that we possess the resources, the desire, and the time to compile something like nhluniforms.com for the IHL and AHL. I've actually gone through periods of searching and saving various gamer pics from over the years, but don't have the graphic know-how to convert it into anything meaningful like that.

So if someone does....

Thanks! Also found that Game Worn Database before, but as you said it's kind of outdated or not not updated.

Definitely a project somebody should start someday.

Edited by Pens4ever

2014-15 Kevin Hayes NYR Set 2 road..Rookie.. extremely good game use... Photo matched several times.. Really happy with this one..

iO30aZ.jpg

Xd1DjC.jpg

0hipwR.jpg

Edited by enzo269

That's a Marco Scandella gamer from the Finals that year. Not sure if it was newly issued for the Finals, but there's not much in the way of board burns or puck marks. I just had to get a hold of one after that series; normally I'd love more wear, but you take what you can get with AHL Auctions (including auto'd gamers grumble rabble grumble).

The AHL Auctions jerseys were a 1-game wonder. The team auctioned off the other set for home/road themselves.

Is it the white? I may have a photomatch since I flew down to Houston for Games 1 & 2.

Picked up this beauty from CSL yesterday! Hjalmarsson WC 2.0

I was thinking about getting Hjalmarsson on my WC 2.0 and this may push me to do it. Nice.