It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Ladies & gentleman, boys and girls. Please gather around to see why we are all here.

It's the hunt, its dedication but 99% of the time its luck to find something you are after. And not just something, Im talking about one of the most elusive players in the hobby and my single all time 100% favorite player ever. There's only one jersey that could top this and thats one of his Hershey Bears jerseys...

1993-94 Ron Hextall NY Islanders #72 Entire Regular Season Home Jersey - I acquired this directly from the Islanders equipment manager from the early to mid 90s. It has been in his possession/collection for nearly 20 years. It definitely presented itself at probably the worst time ever for me but it didnt matter, I am not missing this. No time to take real pics, the cell phone will have to do. Custom sleeves, tightened neck line, fantastic wear, photomatches to marks on the crest, air knit size 60 - looks 1000% better than these pics show. Instantly the best jersey in my collection and may never be topped. The pinnacle of collecting!

20131108_111144.jpg

20131108_110900.jpg

20131108_111153.jpg

Here's a gallery with more pictures if you'd like to see. I'll take real pictures over the weekend.

https://picasaweb.google.com/111265845895044574484/199394RonHextallIslanders?authkey=Gv1sRgCPu3zMfBtKXYSQ#

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brookbank and Hextall - I like the direction these last two jersey acquisition postings are taking this thread............... :D

Whoa! That Hextall jersey is phenomenal! By far, the best Islanders style ever. The number font was perfectly unique too.

Man, seeing that jersey reminds me of one of my most-cherished Rangers-Islanders memories from 1994 when Sergei Zubov slapped a power-play goal from the point late in the 3rd period to beat the Isles 5-4 in Nassau Coliseum and give the Rangers their first win on the Island in over five years. I can still see Zubov celebrating after the puck hit the back of the net by dropping to both knees and raising both arms:

l_rangers-vs-islanders-6-games-3-from-19

Good God, that was twenty years ago this season. Scary.

Jeez, that's the pickup of a lifetime. Congrats!

For me, you may be right! Couldnt have said it better myself.

Thanks so much everyone, it really is unreal to have this. I've spent like the whole day showing it to friends and family, its been a blast. Now to figure out the next step. I've aleady snagged about half of everything out there that features him wearing this but a standard frame just wont do the trick.

Did Zubov score against Hextall haha?! He'd have been wearing that jersey.

Didn't arrive today, but hasn't been out of the closet in 15 years. Just thought I'd post it since I've never seen another one here. Early-mid 90's Ultrafil QMJHL Beauport Harfangs. Still trying to figure out who wore it, and when. Narrowed down to Trevor Boland or Yannick Tremblay. Full of washed out blood, stains, tears, snags, holes, pilling, and all around filth.

004-1.jpg

007.jpg

I certainly wasn't expecting this to arrive so soon coming from Canaduh seeing as it was only shipped on Wednesday. But, I was certainly pleased with being able to get it from the post office this morning.

1994-95 Nordiques Adam Foote home regular season:

rdiquescirca19951aCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

rdiquescirca19951bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

This was worn for all 24 home games in the 1994-95 season. There aren't any repairs unfortunately but it's loaded with stick/puck marks and a ton of great pilling on the inside. Beeeeeeee-yootiful.