It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would one acquire Blackhawks gameworn stuff?

I think they have an in house auction type event. They have some listings on gw.net forum too I believe

Where would one acquire Blackhawks gameworn stuff?

The smallest gameworn is a 52 for a select few guys in the league. As far as hawks players I don't believe any of them wear a 52, so guys like us are screwed haha.

The smallest gameworn is a 52 for a select few guys in the league. As far as hawks players I don't believe any of them wear a 52, so guys like us are screwed haha.

Lol! Well then... money saved!

Just got this Tim Wallace Gameworn Tampa Bay home jersey tonight.. and I'm pretty stoked. These were part of the "jersey off our back" program that they do every year to season ticket holders, and finding one is near impossible. I am a season ticket holder and sit in front of another season ticket holder who got this jersey in 2012. We have sat next to each other for about 5-6 years, and have become good friends while at the Forum. He and his family are good people and the games are more fun around people you know (and like).

I knew he had it for a few years now, and kept dropping hints that I was a jersey collector and asked if he would ever want to sell/trade it. There was always a question of how much this was worth, and I didn't want to be pushy. I finally was able to make a trade with him, and I am an extremely happy camper to have this! I know it's not a big name guy, but any game worn lightning jersey, especially the newest styles, is a "win" in my book. They just seem next to impossible to find (especially at a fair price for the player offered).

I know a lot of these jerseys are just sitting in closets in Tampa and will be hard to find.. just like this one was.

Here's some pics:

IMG_1045_zpsvuzjwkzk.jpgIMG_1042_zpsq0he3qmr.jpgIMG_1043_zps1jbdzkih.jpg?t=1426477277141398844_slide_zps01xdbqmy.jpg

Edited by khabbi

Sick Kopitar!

And I love that Wallace, nice that he was willing to work out a deal. The new lightning jerseys have honestly become one of my favorite in the league.

Just in from EPS. Loved the 2000 ASG jerseys, working on a Devils team set. The World Team ones were fun with the reversed customization on back (numbers up top, name on bottom). Also cool in that Elias wore #29 instead of his customary #26, which was worn in that game by Martin Rucinsky.

Great looking shirt mfitz -- so EPS has the correct fonts for the 2000 and 2001 ASG? Good to know. Those are 100% accurate?

Awesome-looking Kopitar and great story on the TB Wallace gamer too. Does TB not sell their GW shirts to the public in any way? I know they are not a MGG team, but do they offer them through their team store or anything?

Great looking shirt mfitz -- so EPS has the correct fonts for the 2000 and 2001 ASG? Good to know. Those are 100% accurate?

They do have the correct fonts, that has been true of most ASG's I have given them (2004 included, also they say 2011 but that one isn't back yet)/ I can't guarantee "100% accuracy" but it looks good...I googled but could not find a picture of Elias' game worn, or even a close up of the customization while he had it on. Which works for me, I'd rather not analyze it, especially since its done already :)

They do have the correct fonts, that has been true of most ASG's I have given them (2004 included, also they say 2011 but that one isn't back yet)/ I can't guarantee "100% accuracy" but it looks ###### good...I googled but could not find a picture of Elias' game worn, or even a close up of the customization while he had it on. Which works for me, I'd rather not analyze it, especially since its done already :)

Good to know as I have 2002, 2007, 2009, and 2012 ASGs to send them.

My 2011 should be up next for me, next 2-3 weeks. I will post that when it comes so those interested can see how they do those.

It's been a long time since I've added anything here. Life got in the way of the jersey thing but this was a surprise gift from my wife yesterday. Dwight King 2012 Stanley Cup Finals Set 2. Worn in Game 5 in New Jersey. Some light research has photomatched loose threads on the shoulder numbers to some Getty Image photos. Still plenty of pictures to look through. Amazing gift. Amazing wife. Amazing life.

0317151822.jpg

0317151823.jpg

My first big customization project (thanks, Cosby & Co.) just arrived. I picked up the two blanks from eBay after the originally owner apparently had them up forever. I tracked down the year AHL first started using Bauer jerseys just to confirm that these were accurate and I called over to the Binghamton Senators to confirm that Trees wore 31 in his final five games with the Rangers in 1996-97.

I wouldn't call the blue a grail per se but I'm really happy to get an authentic (with tags) for one of my favorite players growing up. I had the chance to get an autograph from LaForest years back at a community event before the Rangers left Binghamton and the memory always stuck with me. Also excited to get the Gernander, who is still with the organization as coach of their AHL team in Hartford.

I would like to say something nice about your jerseys, but my allegiances do not permit me to do so for Rangers jerseys.

:)

Edited by mfitz804

I never admit this because I detest the Rangers, but their jerseys are ALWAYS on point. Those classic styles like yours, the Liberty jerseys, the Heritage, Winter Classics...they always look good.

How was dealing with Cosby? I almost needed them for a Vintage Devils which wound up not fitting.

Awesome-looking Kopitar and great story on the TB Wallace gamer too. Does TB not sell their GW shirts to the public in any way? I know they are not a MGG team, but do they offer them through their team store or anything?

Tampa does not currently release any of their game used Jerseys in any way EXCEPT the ones that escape through the "jersey off our back" giveaway at the last game of the season... these are given to randomly picked full season ticket holders. And these jerseys are pretty much unobtainium once they are given out. Over the years they have done this, I have only been able to find the ONE I just picked up from someone I happened to know.

So yeah, it's tough getting Lightning Gamers at the moment. I have tried tirelessly to find out what happens to the gamers so I could buy a few, but the Lightning just tell me they are not for sale.

Have a bunch of new additions to post over the next few days – first up a pair of vintage Wings goons –

1990-1991 Randy McKay gameworn Red Wings home jersey – decent wear, numerous cuts and holes, lots of stick marks especially on lower front; blood stains on lower front as well; minor damage to front of neck from fight and some reinforcement to back of neck seam; fight strap stained pink from numerous washings

019_zps9bqtlabd.jpg

020_zpsylzlfpsm.jpg

023_zpsqqonkxqf.jpg

024_zps6eq4xru6.jpg

021_zpsovkmt43y.jpg

022_zpstclycmvl.jpg

1989-1990 Kevin McClelland gameworn Red Wings home jersey – lighter wear, numerous stick marks especially to torso section of jersey; salting and rust to the fight strap snaps; fight strap stained pink from numerous washings; some interior pilling from fight strap

008_zpsc3louyyk.jpg

009_zpssuoty7zt.jpg

003_zpscmsawhvb.jpg

001_zpsnmy6mcnv.jpg

Set 1 2013-14 Nazem Kadri

2013-14 Set James vanRiemsdyk

Very nice. Two of the few players that will be back next season.