It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Tampa jerseys from this era fairly rare?

Unlike the BK and Wildwing jerseys that were only worn for one season. TB wore the Storm jerseys for 3 seasons.

1996-97

1997-98

1998-99

I count 128 players for those seasons with 13 goalies thrown in. Puppa, Fitzpatrick, Schwab, Tabberacci, Bierk, Wilkinson, Ranford, & Hodson

I've seen all but a Hodson pop up on the net at least once. So 12 confirmed goalie jerseys.

Lets conservatively say 100 of those were full time players. That is at least 100 TB Storm Alts out there somewhere. If they wore 2 sets, which I haven't found info on whether they did or not. That would double the number though.

Still. 100+ isn't rare.

Outside of Graves, Messier, Richter, Leetch, I haven't seen a White Liberty go for more than $1500 (Ulf Samulesson, Kevin Stevens) and most are under $900 (Knuble, PJ Stock,) And $800 (Popovic, Fedyk, Pronger, Mertzig). Those were one year, two set jerseys,

Canuck Salmons were 1995/96 & 1996/97. The only two shirts I've seen of those in 7 years of "game worn" collecting ever offered out of private collections were Brashear and Naslund. Both go unsold. And I think Naslund is around or under $1500 and Brashear has pinballed between $1200 and $850 I believe.

I know the TB Storm authentics go high. On ebay. And that is a different market. I see Fisherman jerseys that are replicas going for $20 less than what Pro Authentic Fisherman go for on ebay so I chaulk ebay up to inexperienced buyers driving a market they don't understand going against collectors that want pristine examples of somewhat rare jerseys. But there is a definite disconnect between Pro Authentic collectors and Game Worn collectors. Neither one values what the other does in terms of what they buy. Case in point game worn jerseys of role players that sell for less than a pristine versions of a retail jersey that has yet to be customized.

But again. I reitterate. It all comes down to what someone is willing to pay vs what someone is asking for. And I don't begrudge either party. But like it or not this market we are in is a fickle wench and it trends up and down with demand.

In 20+ years of collecting hockey jerseys. To me. No jersey is so rare as to overpay for it unless it is a specific grail player. They all eventually pop up again down the line. Sometimes more expensive, some times a lot cheaper.

Edited by Richter9377

Outside of Graves, Messier, Richter, Leetch, I haven't seen a White Liberty go for more than $1500 (Ulf Samulesson, Kevin Stevens) and most are under $900 (Knuble, PJ Stock,) And $800 (Popovic, Fedyk, Pronger, Mertzig). Those were one year, two set jerseys,

Surely 99's white lib would be in that group of Messier, Graves et al.

Surely 99's white lib would be in that group of Messier, Graves et al.

I meant those players white liberty's would be higher priced than $1500, but I've never seen them offered for sale so I couldn't give an honest answer on their value.

Edited by Richter9377

2000-2001 Craig Berube Capitals gameworn home jersey – lighter wear, jersey was a 99-00 recycle that the Chief wore in the 00-01 preseason, so it retained the NHL2000 patch. Fight strap sewn through when the numbers were sewn on, effectively limiting its ‘give’ (same effect as shortening the fight strap, which became pretty standard on Berube jerseys his last few seasons)

001_zps7yhcdjhv.jpg

002_zpssmifmuh2.jpg

003_zps5jyfhejv.jpg

2014-2015 Anthony Peluso Jets gameworn road jersey, Set 1 – very light wear, just a few burns and stick marks

004_zpsjbipqq0a.jpg

005_zpsvr5yy2lv.jpg

006_zps5bwe5tqf.jpg

Just for funsies.

Not implying anything so please don't read into this post.

November 24, 2000 The Hockey News advertisement.

img001_zpstjnwdnpl.jpg

Step one, invent time machine.

Step two, acquire all of these storm jerseys.

Step three, sell them in 2015 for 400% the price paid.

Step four, epic party anywhere in history I want.

I'm more of a time machine built out of a DeLorean kind of guy. Old school future travel.

Unlike the BK and Wildwing jerseys that were only worn for one season. TB wore the Storm jerseys for 3 seasons.

1996-97

1997-98

1998-99

I count 128 players for those seasons with 13 goalies thrown in. Puppa, Fitzpatrick, Schwab, Tabberacci, Bierk, Wilkinson, Ranford, & Hodson

I've seen all but a Hodson pop up on the net at least once. So 12 confirmed goalie jerseys.

Lets conservatively say 100 of those were full time players. That is at least 100 TB Storm Alts out there somewhere. If they wore 2 sets, which I haven't found info on whether they did or not. That would double the number though.

Still. 100+ isn't rare.

Canuck Salmons were 1995/96 & 1996/97. The only two shirts I've seen of those in 7 years of "game worn" collecting ever offered out of private collections were Brashear and Naslund. Both go unsold. And I think Naslund is around or under $1500 and Brashear has pinballed between $1200 and $850 I believe.

I know the TB Storm authentics go high. On ebay. And that is a different market. I see Fisherman jerseys that are replicas going for $20 less than what Pro Authentic Fisherman go for on ebay so I chaulk ebay up to inexperienced buyers driving a market they don't understand going against collectors that want pristine examples of somewhat rare jerseys. But there is a definite disconnect between Pro Authentic collectors and Game Worn collectors. Neither one values what the other does in terms of what they buy. Case in point game worn jerseys of role players that sell for less than a pristine versions of a retail jersey that has yet to be customized.

But again. I reitterate. It all comes down to what someone is willing to pay vs what someone is asking for. And I don't begrudge either party. But like it or not this market we are in is a fickle wench and it trends up and down with demand.

In 20+ years of collecting hockey jerseys. To me. No jersey is so rare as to overpay for it unless it is a specific grail player. They all eventually pop up again down the line. Sometimes more expensive, some times a lot cheaper.

Ill chime in on the Canucks Salmon jersey front. Over 20 have changed hands in the last 5-10 years that i know of so this info simply isnt true about the quantity out there or the price. The 2 you mentioned i owned and both sold long ago. There are lots out there as i have sold quite a few of them.

Bure, Linden i still own, ive sold a Brashaer, McLean, Naslund and Mogilny in the last 3 years. There are several i didnt own or sell but were in the hobby and have sold by others (hedican, gelinas, rohlin, namestnikov, wotton, hirsch, babych, walker, on and on)

Ultimately the only time these disappear is when a card company cuts them up. Odjick alt salmon was one that comes to mind.

Everything is out there somewhere but alot doesnt turn up because the 90s mail orders as outlined above are hard to track down. Any purchase made since the late 90s and early 2000s have pretty good electronic trails which keep it easy to find items that have been bought and sold.

Edited by chow_hound

Ill chime in on the Canucks Salmon jersey front. Over 20 have changed hands in the last 5-10 years that i know of so this info simply isnt true about the quantity out there or the price. The 2 you mentioned i owned and both sold long ago. There are lots out there as i have sold quite a few of them.

Bure, Linden i still own, ive sold a Brashaer, McLean, Naslund and Mogilny in the last 3 years. There are several i didnt own or sell but were in the hobby and have sold by others (hedican, gelinas, rohlin, namestnikov, wotton, hirsch, babych, walker, on and on)

Ultimately the only time these disappear is when a card company cuts them up. Odjick alt salmon was one that comes to mind.

Everything is out there somewhere but alot doesnt turn up because the 90s mail orders as outlined above are hard to track down. Any purchase made since the late 90s and early 2000s have pretty good electronic trails which keep it easy to find items that have been bought and sold.

Like I said in regards to the Nuks. "The only two I've seen".

Kept seeing them listed, disappear, listed again, rinse repeat.

Never saw others, especially 20. There are 2 main jersey forums and a handful of facebook pages as well a 4-5 main auction houses. so it's a small community and I can't account for what happens at in person conventions or people inquiring about jerseys on peoples personal collection websites. So I assumed those two, give or take a few more were what's changed hands in recent years. 20's a big number relatively speaking.

I'm not trying to mislead or misinform with my original post and I'm almost positive I ballparked the values pretty close.

But I'll admit. I'm not a Nuks salmon guru as I've had zero interest in those jerseys so I haven;t retained the exact numbers in my head they went for unlike the Rangers and TB which I do have an interest in.

Edited by Richter9377

Nice Berube!

Thanks - had been looking for another of his jerseys for a while............

Ten years ago the storm jerseys could be had for a much cheaper price.. but you just don't see them that often any more. They have pretty much settled in collections. Man I would have gone crazy buying from that old ad! Also makes me wonder what the Lecavalier out of those sets sold for. Don't think I've ever seen a game worn storm Lecavalier. (if you have one and want to sell, PM me, lol).

I know I should have taken the offer on my Puppa, but I'll be damned if I ever sell a jersey that I don't want to sell.. no regrets!

I'm more focused on getting GW Lightning Jerseys from the past few years, they are almost impossible to find (But I do have a few).

Edited by khabbi

If I recall. I believe someone posted a pic of a #8 Lecavalier Storm jersey on gameworn.net at one time, but I don't remember if it was a "most recent jersey" tread or specific discussion thread.

Just got my first package from EPS. can't wait to send more out as part of their spring sale.

Will post pics tonight but here's what I got

Replicas

1994 ASG - Richter

TBTC - Messier

Authentic all star jerseys

2002 - Leetch

2004 - jagr

2009 - kovalev

2011 - Lundqvist

They stripped the 2004 and 2012 jerseys. Used to be Thornton and Letang. Wow. Amazing job stripping as you can't even tell but they left the Penguins patch on the 2011 Lundqvist.

Overall very impressed with EPS.

Turnaround time was a big long but I sent them some changes after I shipped the order.

Just got my first package from EPS. can't wait to send more out as part of their spring sale.

Will post pics tonight but here's what I got

Replicas

1994 ASG - Richter

TBTC - Messier

Authentic all star jerseys

2002 - Leetch

2004 - jagr

2009 - kovalev

2011 - Lundqvist

They stripped the 2004 and 2012 jerseys. Used to be Thornton and Letang. Wow. Amazing job stripping as you can't even tell but they left the Penguins patch on the 2011 Lundqvist.

Overall very impressed with EPS.

Turnaround time was a big long but I sent them some changes after I shipped the order.

Did you specifically ask to strip the Penguins patch? Or provide a Rangers patch?

Pics of the 02 ASAP please lol. Gonna send in one myself if I can find a ###### box big enough for everything I want to send.

Is this the now legendary order you've been working on for like the last 2 years? :lol:

Is this the now legendary order you've been working on for like the last 2 years? :lol:

He's gonna add like 6-8 weeks to everyone else's turnaround time as EPS has to shut down all operations to just handle his order.

Haha after going nuts for the past 2 years wanting to send in 20 jerseys at once, I finally decided to hell with it and I'm only gonna send in like 6 or 7, if I can find a box to fit them. It's too many for a large priority box. I'm dragging my Arse on it, but I think I'm just gonna send in my 2 WCs, my 3 ASGs from 2012, the 2002 ASG, and maybe one other. I'm really not motivated enough for this.

Well the 2012s are Lundqvist, Girardi, Gaborik. 2002 is Leetch. The WCs, one will be a Lundqvist, leaning McDonagh on the other one but still not 100% sure. And then might throw an 09 ASG in there as well for Lundqvist.