It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

I got this one a while ago, but why not post it now...

1999-2000 Flames Iginla Pro Player size 52.

Missing the 2000 patch. Ordered one from ice_hockey_patches on ebay and it never showed up.

Twice.

That's strange. I've ordered from that seller twice and its arrived within 2 weeks with international shipping.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

03-04 Albany River Rats Krisjanis Redlihs home set 1. This is my first gamer, and its probably a good one to start with because there is minimal wear on this, I'm used to being OCD about my jerseys being perfectly clean.

Pretty frustrated with the seller on eBay. The jersey had no tracking, was stuffed in a very small tyvek mailing emvelope, and the LOA was folded up and jammed into the mass of jersey. Happy to have it but I wish people took more care of things that another person just gave them $150+ for...

IMAG1385.jpgIMAG1387.jpgIMAG1388.jpg

Edited by JoeM7392

03-04 Albany River Rats Krisjanis Redlihs home set 1. This is my first gamer, and its probably a good one to start with because there is minimal wear on this, I'm used to being OCD about my jerseys being perfectly clean.

Pretty frustrated with the seller on eBay. The jersey had no tracking, was stuffed in a very small tyvek mailing emvelope, and the LOA was folded up and jammed into the mass of jersey. Happy to have it but I wish people took more care of things that another person just gave them $150+ for...

Looks great!

I have had some sellers ship in some pretty unusual packages. My recent $300 vintage Devils jersey was crammed into a box the size of a hat box (6x6x6). I was happy it finally arrived, as you may have read about that whole saga...

I usually like to ship in boxes, those free Priority Mail shirt size boxes work great. I always tape the ends because the adhesive is so-so. But I always get them in tyvek or poly mailers. On the rare occasions I have shipped a jersey in a poly mailer, I've double bagged them. And always used the appropriate size so as not to smash the jersey.

Can I safely assume it is a size 56?

Looks great!

I have had some sellers ship in some pretty unusual packages. My recent $300 vintage Devils jersey was crammed into a box the size of a hat box (6x6x6). I was happy it finally arrived, as you may have read about that whole saga...

I usually like to ship in boxes, those free Priority Mail shirt size boxes work great. I always tape the ends because the adhesive is so-so. But I always get them in tyvek or poly mailers. On the rare occasions I have shipped a jersey in a poly mailer, I've double bagged them. And always used the appropriate size so as not to smash the jersey.

Can I safely assume it is a size 56?

Yup 56, sleeves are near identical to my 52 and 54 though so it worked out fine.

And same here, I'm always so careful shipping anything, but most people on eBay don't seem to care. When I bought my last jersey with a LOA it was that Steve kariya rats anniversary. The guy put it in a folder, then taped it between two sheets of ridgid cardboard and put it in the box with the very carefully folded jersey. It was perfect. This guy obviously couldn't be bothered to care.

Yup 56, sleeves are near identical to my 52 and 54 though so it worked out fine.

And same here, I'm always so careful shipping anything, but most people on eBay don't seem to care. When I bought my last jersey with a LOA it was that Steve kariya rats anniversary. The guy put it in a folder, then taped it between two sheets of ridgid cardboard and put it in the box with the very carefully folded jersey. It was perfect. This guy obviously couldn't be bothered to care.

Awesome, glad it worked out for you.

And yes, the disparity in the quality of packing amongst eBay sellers is vast. I generally am shipping retail jerseys without a COA, so fold it nice and make sure it stays clean is the main goal.

"Shove it in any available envelope or box" seems to be the standard though.

I found an eBay gem over the weekend for a great price.

This is a triple win. One, it's a rare jersey for the team. Even the current owner no longer has this third style. Two, Schott is a former player for a D-III school whose jerseys I collect. Three, reports are out there that the Whalers may be moving Danbury. Oh and a bonus point: I was looking at another Schott jersey over the holidays before the buyer backed out.

So yeah. Good pickup.

This was worn in either the 2010-11 or 2011-12 season. Schott had 104 and 64 PIMs in those seasons respectively.

Definitely like the Danbury Whalers jerseys, nice pickup! Edited by mfitz804

A couple years ago, I got a jersey that was shipped to me in a used cereal box. The jersey was put in the empty box, the top flap was folded in, and the whole thing was taped.

I think it was a box of Life, but my wife insists it was Kashi GoLean Crunch.

1999-2000 Kevin “Killer” Kaminski gameworn Orlando Solar Bears home jersey – light wear, has Final Game of the Century patch and blood stains in multiple locations on the right sleeve; final jersey worn in his career; auto’d on back between the numbers

Twinsies!

MLMzqJX.jpg

y1ofMUs.jpg

Thanks for bringing up the rask for raycroft trade. Brings back a lot of memories.........about how big of an idiot JFJ was.

That's what happens when I try to be cool. I lost my audience. So ... about that glue?

And for those non-Bruins fans out there, I direct you to the item that Rask throws around the 25 second mark:

I got the joke. I have a friend who is (unfortunately) a Baby Bs fan so I remember seeing that video classic. :)

You know I always wondered why Rask didn't pitch a fit after #16's goal. He clearly put the puck in on a second attempt.

Just had a thought about the glue. Try a Tide Stain Stick. I work at a roofing company and one of our guys got some nasty roofing adhesive off his pants with a stain stick. If it doesn't work it at least doesn't hurt the fabric to try it.

Got the ultrafil devils 44 in today that I grabbed on eBay for $30. Exactly what I feared about it, very nice jersey, absolute garbage crest. My sister loves it and wants me to fix it, and I can get a new crest on for under $30 so I'm going to go that route. Never seen one this wrinkled, and what you see in the pictures is after 15 minutes of heavy ironing. All said and done I'll take a nice ultafil for $60-70 everyday.

IMAG1392.jpgIMAG1394.jpg

I have never seen a crest that destroyed, let alone on a jersey that otherwise looks so good. In any event, it was cheap enough to make putting a new crest on it a worthwhile endeavor.

AAAANNNNDDDDD my EPS order showed up at my door today, so happy about that. The Stevens is a replica, the Elias white a 1.0, and the 3 other devils are 2.0s. And yeah, I'm pretty sure Stevens never wore a C in the red/green, but he also never wore a CCM vintage replica, so I don't care. The Elias River Rats is something I have wanted for years now. Some bad lighting in a few of the pictures, sorry about that.

One issue with the Schneider though, I hung it on the door frame to my closet and tried putting some other stuff away. It kept blocking everything, not sure what's up with that..

IMAG1395.jpgIMAG1396.jpgIMAG1397.jpgIMAG1398.jpgIMAG1399.jpgIMAG1400.jpg

I have never seen a crest that destroyed, let alone on a jersey that otherwise looks so good. In any event, it was cheap enough to make putting a new crest on it a worthwhile endeavor.

Same here, I have no clue what that dude could have done to this thing for that to happen, but the rest of the jersey to be completely spotless. It's in near-perfect condition other than that absolute mess of a crest.

Edited by JoeM7392

One issue with the Schneider though, I hung it on the door frame to my closet and tried putting some other stuff away. It kept blocking everything, not sure what's up with that..

Well played my friend...

And nice haul. I imagine the only thing better than getting back 6 jerseys from EPS is having paid 20% less for the job.

I'm going to be so excited when my sale stuff comes back, but by that time, I'll have to crank the A/C really low or sit in the freezer if I'm going to wear them.

Well played my friend...

And nice haul. I imagine the only thing better than getting back 6 jerseys from EPS is having paid 20% less for the job.

I'm going to be so excited when my sale stuff comes back, but by that time, I'll have to crank the A/C really low or sit in the freezer if I'm going to wear them.

It was great with the discount, that's for sure.

I wore the Schneider today and we were pushing 70 here but it was overcast, it's getting to the point where they have to be closeted for good until fall. After seeing that crest on that ultrafil I picked up I'm paranoid of washing them too much, trying to keep my sweat away from the jerseys.

It was great with the discount, that's for sure.

I wore the Schneider today and we were pushing 70 here but it was overcast, it's getting to the point where they have to be closeted for good until fall. After seeing that crest on that ultrafil I picked up I'm paranoid of washing them too much, trying to keep my sweat away from the jerseys.

I can tell you this, I had an ultrafil I washed at least 80 times (owned it 20 years, I'm guessing 4 washes a season because for a good chunk of that time, it was my only white one) and it never looked anything even remotely close to that one. In fact, that jersey looked like new when I sold it.

That's what the dryer does to twill; not the washer.

Explains a lot, my jerseys never go in the dryer, nor do most of my clothes. I'm an air dryer.