It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last jersey for a while to post, barring trades.

I now own jerseys for four out of the six 2014-15 teams in the Federal Hockey League. This is absolutely hammered but a nice addition to my collection. Denney was promoted (albeit for just a game) to the East Coast Hockey League ECHL earlier this year. I need the forum's advice on the last photo below.

My question: What's your view on having someone stitch up holes on jerseys? Some people like the worn look (and if you look at the black marks on the chest, you can see that's already apparent) but I don't want the rips to worsen. Last year I had a local hockey shop patch up two of my gamers and I'm thinking about going back for this and two Plymouth Whalers jerseys that I've just acquired. There's no LOA here but you can tell it's been worn.

I have 2 different examples of torn jerseys from fights one was left unrepaired and one was repaired after taken out of use. The Mcginn I was asked if I wanted it sewn or not and I said whatever the team does with it is up to them.

3A93E0BF-C718-4005-80FB-E88B3BFCAD38-642

ac7c6855d29e7a30429606cb736cb9ee_zpsb59d

GregFlyerJersey006.jpg

bc621e4ec7417fe4ae315c28b20887b2.jpg

Edited by Flyers845

I sent them jerseys in January and it took a little over 3 months

8-10 weeks seems to be about normal for my stuff. But to be fair, most of mine are older styles and they say up front it'll be longer.

My sale box was 7 non-current styles, so I'm not holding my breath.

Latest pickup. Girardi's fantasy draft reverse All-Satr jersey from 2012.

Nice pickup Louis :thumbsup:

Was watching that one and then it up and disappeared. Mystery solved. I really like the blue version of those All-Star jerseys. Grats!

Guest Dr_Puck

Hey Flyers845, is it then ok for me to ask the team repair it before it ships? That would be a way around my conern and would save me a trip to the hockey shop. A team repair would be better than a non-team repair in this case, no?

I don't usually buy gamers with the intent of selling them. However, now that I think about it, I have one or two new ones that might be worth it down the road.

For the record my order was delivered to EPS on March 30th and it was at my door on May 5th. So just about 5 weeks, which is awesome.

I got invoices for three jerseys in the last 2 days that were at the 10 week mark. All three were stripped and needed cleaning, two were current, one was a 2000 ASG.

I'd like 'em faster, but of course, I got more jerseys than I can wear in a week anyway.

Couple I forgot to post:

2008-09 Newcastle Vipers 'Shaun Johnson testimonial game' jersey, complete with very wide fight strap! Not a gameworn though, strangely enough.

11210201_468583216629784_1714143044_n.jp

11208830_468583219963117_671010729_n.jpg

11122340_468583223296450_171367258_n.jpg

Billingham Stars 'Paul 'Spike' Windridge testimonial' jersey - 3rd May 2009

Current captain of my town's team. Born and bred here in Billingham and rising through the junior ranks of the team, he made his debut in the 89-90 season aged 17. 20 years later (at the time of the game), he was still playing. 26 years later (present day), he's STILL playing aged 43. In the 26 years he's played hockey at senior level, only 4 of those were played with other teams (two of those years were due to Billingham not icing a team due to rink refurbishments).

EDIT: I've also literally just found out via a good friend of mine who is extremely close to the team (and Spike's sister ironically) that only about 4 of these were done up with his name and number on the back, so i've apparently acquired something much bigger than I thought...

11245217_468583206629785_1534782394_n.jp

11210180_468583209963118_1335953922_n.jp

Edited by zooeyperry10

I placed my most recent order with EPS on March 6th. They notified me that it was complete on April 30th, and it was shipped the next day after being paid for. I received it yesterday. I don't know if the turnaround time is different when replicas are involved, but I'm happy with the time it takes. It's definitely worth the wait.

Really excited about this one as it took forever for me to find this in my size (44); I'm having a hard time finding the official Letterer for the Ducks in this era in the Official Letterer thread (although I only had a limited time to skim). What years did the Ducks wear these as On-Ice?

F3259125-EA53-416A-B74F-8B0E8FFFE483_zps

Nice Ducks. I have the road one in 44, need the home one just like that. I believe they were worn from '92 to '96, then they switched to Nike.

For the Ducks, in my experience, you're probably going to just have to find a place that will get it "close enough" and send lots of pictures to make sure they get it as close as they can.

The Ducks don't publicize who customizes their jerseys anymore. And based on the fact that they were less than helpful when trying to find that information out, I don't think they'll be willing to provide past places either.

Those CCM jerseys were used from 1993-96. The Ducks' team letterer at the time was AIS/Sportsrobe. They're still around, but I doubt anyone here has dealt with them recently; I don't even know if they letter jerseys for the public. However, that jersey uses a standard font which should be reproducible by plenty of customizers, like Exclusive Pro Sports, for example. Just don't send it to Monkey Sports, lol.

Yeah, the Mighty Ducks' font was a fairly normal block font, so it won't exactly be difficult for any customizer to do it. I was extremely satisfied with EPS' work on my Selanne, save for the fact that the nameplate fabric is a different material and slightly different color from the jersey itself but seeing as though it's a replica, I'm not going to quibble over that.

They don't- they use something similar, but it's not an exact match.

They don't- they use something similar, but it's not an exact match.

Correct, it looks perfect from 5 feet away, but those who analyze these things will see a difference close up.

However if a jersey is issued to a player that way, doesn't it also make it correct if receive a customised jersey that way?

Sure, but nobody is getting a white Ultrafil jersey with the new material issued to them snce they don't use Ultrafil jerseys anymore.

Sure, but nobody is getting a white Ultrafil jersey with the new material issued to them snce they don't use Ultrafil jerseys anymore.

That is why we horde ultrafil practice jerseys.

We talkin' about practice jerseys?

We talkin' about practice jerseys?

I'm talking about using them for nameplates.

Correct, it looks perfect from 5 feet away, but those who analyze these things will see a difference close up.

It's like watching p0rn in HD.

Edited by guam64