Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.0 (2.2) of my daughter's favorite player:

EF45CF45-9013-4469-8E1D-7F9AC72AA924_zps

85CB66AD-4274-4D2D-991E-59913F3EEF22_zps

Another flawless strip job from EPS (well I stripped it, they got the glue off), can't possibly tell it was previously a Clowe.

Edited by mfitz804

Just got this back today from Custom Crafted-- now, I asked in my letter to do it with the 'skinny-font' or whatever was accurate to the Winter Classic, and I also included a Gold Edge nameplate that I got from JerseyBaron...

Zie4Btp.jpgy5GV0Zs.jpg

Is it supposed to have such a contrast in color? Because I definitely remember comparing the nameplate to the jersey material when I first got it and it looked fine to me, and if there was a difference it certainly wasn't this stark

The last 'O' and 'N' also seem to have ripples in the material like it wasn't taut when it was sewn down...

Also, the arm numbers when compared to Ryder's WC Gamer seem to be a bit off... http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2009_10_Michael_Ryder_Boston_Bruins_Winter_Classic_Game_Worn_Jersey_2010_Winter_Classic_NHL_Winter_Classic_Letter-3485-112.html

Am I just being particular, or are these all legitimate concerns?

I'm in the camp of it could of been issued to a player like that, so it's fine. However as you have paid for it, and probably paid a good bit of money for it. If you aren't happy with it, send it back. You are paying for a service.

I understand that, for sure

The arm numbers don't really bother me, but i have a hard time believing they gave this to any of the players-- it looks pretty bad...

I haven't seen such sloppiness in any pictures, and i'm guessing they put the nameplate on backwards which is clearly a different shade of yellow that they couldn't be bothered to notice

I feel like i would've been better off having JB send me a customized one

Did you make your earlier comparisons in the same lighting that you are using now? If you look at your picture, the arm airknit and the back mesh panel look really different from each other. In natural light, the airknit and mesh usually look about the same color. But in artificial light, especially fluorescent, the dyes in the different materials reflect light differently. The same thing happens with say, the Kings gold vintage. In certain artificial lighting the arms and back look about as different as they do in your photo, but in natural lighting they look quite similar. Try taking the jersey outdoors in natural light and see if the arms, back and nameplate look more similar in color.

I understand that, for sure

The arm numbers don't really bother me, but i have a hard time believing they gave this to any of the players-- it looks pretty bad...

I haven't seen such sloppiness in any pictures, and i'm guessing they put the nameplate on backwards which is clearly a different shade of yellow that they couldn't be bothered to notice

I feel like i would've been better off having JB send me a customized one

I had mine customized by them too. I can send you some pictures when I get home if you're looking for anything in particular.

I actually sent them a name plate to use, so that wouldn't be comparable to the one that they used on yours.

Yeah idk, i'll bring it down and look at it outside and see what's up

--Well, it looks like a little natural night helped my perspective... Clearly I should never open jersey packages with the shades drawn lol

Thank you guys for getting me off the ledge :)

Edited by FlyersFan376

Lol i was just looking at that thread too

Idk, the pictures of the gamers looked seamless between the jersey and plate colors, i just wasn't expecting that, kinda defeated my whole purpose of buying the plate in advance

Awesome Tootoo. Such a nice surprise this year, I wasn't even expecting him to make the team when they brought him in on the tryout.

Personally would have held out to see if he got resigned, New GM and all, but it looks great.

Awesome Tootoo. Such a nice surprise this year, I wasn't even expecting him to make the team when they brought him in on the tryout.

Personally would have held out to see if he got resigned, New GM and all, but it looks great.

Wow. Exactly one minute after I post this its announced he resigned for another year. Weird timing.

Wow. Exactly one minute after I post this its announced he resigned for another year. Weird timing.

I let my 8 year old guide me on that jersey. I knew there was a chance he wouldn't be back, but I just think the dude is awesome and she likes him too, so I went for it.

I told my daughter if he re-signed, we'd get her a matching one (her old blank one is now too small anyway). So it looks like I have shopping to do.

Just got this back today from Custom Crafted... The last 'O' and 'N' also seem to have ripples in the material like it wasn't taut when it was sewn down...

If you haven't done so already, you could try ironing that area with steam. Stretch the nameplate a bit over the ironing board to flatten the bubbled areas, then hit it with the iron- hopefully that will help.

2014-15 Toronto Marlies Trevor Smith

vdNUgpq.jpgWBkWr1P.jpg

2014-15 Toronto Marlies Trevor Smith

]

Very nice. An actual Toronto professional hockey team that makes the playoffs. What a concept.

Very nice. An actual Toronto professional hockey team that makes the playoffs. What a concept.

I think Guam hacked your account...and your team.

Just got a few new ones in:

1992/93 Peter Stastny Devils road:

5f17e976-e28a-441d-808a-70c0288c2b79_zps

DSCN2308_zpsdlrs38l4.jpg

1990/91 Dave Taylor Kings road:

DSCN2323_zpsuyhesf3s.jpg

DSCN2325_zps3v5mohgv.jpg

1992/93 Steve Duchesne Nordiques road. Thanks to tb426 and classichockeyjerseys for answering my want listings for an original French Coupe Stanley patch and blue ultrafil nameplate material. I thought both would be longshots- thanks for the assists, guys!

DSCN2310_zps5ruyoloa.jpg

DSCN2312_zpscpfny7ae.jpg

Kits by Keener, stitching by Bobcat on the above three.

I finally got this 1991/92 Adam Oates Blues finished up (after over 2 years!), by adding on an original NHL 75th patch, and a beautiful handmade Blues 25th patch courtesy of forum member zilch- awesome work, buddy!

a79a6a0c-b358-44d8-bd2a-54678bb98d7e_zps

1db78606-17c1-45f4-b747-8389dfd188e2_zps

2015 Marian Gaborik Kings Stadium Series:

8cb4a401-9254-41f4-a998-c85c3c63c39a_zps

DSCN2304_zpsvwknxprj.jpg

2014/15 Tyler Toffoli Legends Night vintage gold:

8b60a08c-72ce-4fa2-b865-ac28b03591a9_zps

DSCN2319_zpsjopkgczd.jpg

2014/15 Tanner Pearson Kings road:

DSCN2326_zpsh5dkqi2s.jpg

DSCN2327_zpsowfavmei.jpg

2003/04 Dustin Brown rookie alternate:

DSCN2331_zpsmtsnizqo.jpg

DSCN2333_zpslbly7qez.jpg

Kits and stitching on the last four by Bobcat.