It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

The usual elements are:

1) Buy too many jerseys

2) Let jerseys hang around until the Spring Sale

3) Shove all jerseys in a box

4) Delete or don't look at your confirmation e-mail to remember what you sent, and

5) Wait 8-12 weeks until they finish and you forget what you sent to begin with.

I knew the number I sent, but there was a Trenton Devils and an All Star I forgot were in there. They could have taken out either one and stuck in a regular Devils jersey and I probably wouldn't have realized I didn't order it unless they put someone stupid on it.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I guess I can see how that happens. I'm finding jerseys I don't remember buying left and right these days.

See, its easier than it seems!

I am in the boat where I had nothing at all to send to EPS during the spring sale, but now I do have a couple that I want to send in. Hate when that happens lol.

I've been waiting a few years to send stuff in. I just never follow through and every year I end up missing the deadline because I want to send in so many things. This year I finally just settled and sent in what I sent even though I have a lot more I want done.

Guest Dr_Puck

My first successful bid in a GameWorn Auction is this 1000 Island (NY) Privateers jersey from the 2012-13 season. Greene was only a short-timer with them (16 games) but it shows really good wear.

FHL jerseys now comprise a quarter of my collection and I have one last one arriving this week. Definitely time to do a gallery here. This is the second big arrival from that season, which is surprising because not many of these jerseys are on the market.

The customer service in the auction was great and the jersey shipped in a timely manner. My issue is that I stick to a budget and the bidding on some of the other GW shirts was just ... wow. Thankfully there was only one other bid on this or else I would have re-considered since there's the auction fee and high shipping costs.

2vGE7STl.jpgeI84MSvl.jpg1m3fTi8m.jpg?1

Guest Dr_Puck

I do have some questions for everyone. With the arrivals these last two weeks, I've just about hit my threshold for a certain area (FHL jerseys). So ... now what? What's been your experience after you've hit a collecting goal? Do you wait long before you get into another area? Sell off a bunch?

It's weird. For the first time in two years, I can't think of another jersey in my area that I could want.

I do have some questions for everyone. With the arrivals these last two weeks, I've just about hit my threshold for a certain area (FHL jerseys). So ... now what? What's been your experience after you've hit a collecting goal? Do you wait long before you get into another area? Sell off a bunch?

It's weird. For the first time in two years, I can't think of another jersey in my area that I could want.

I just start paying my overdue rent.

Start evaluating your collection. See if there's anything you don't like or want anymore, but be 100% sure. Sell it, and start stockpiling funds for when you find something new that you want.

My first successful bid in a GameWorn Auction is this 1000 Island (NY) Privateers jersey from the 2012-13 season. Greene was only a short-timer with them (16 games) but it shows really good wear.

FHL jerseys now comprise a quarter of my collection and I have one last one arriving this week. Definitely time to do a gallery here. This is the second big arrival from that season, which is surprising because not many of these jerseys are on the market.

The customer service in the auction was great and the jersey shipped in a timely manner. My issue is that I stick to a budget and the bidding on some of the other GW shirts was just ... wow. Thankfully there was only one other bid on this or else I would have re-considered since there's the auction fee and high shipping costs.

Nice. Chris Greene is awesome. He played for the Wichita Thunder for 4 years and I loved watching him. I even have his nameplate off of his jersey after he got traded in 08-09.

Another one for my ex-Leaf gamer collection: Mathieu Schneider 05/06, Set 1 - worn during his 1,000th NHL game. Virtually no stick or puck marks on this jersey, but a couple of team repairs - especially towards the bottom of the left sleeve.

w8hMtIo.jpg

VC4Vt85.jpg

6qb5yGt.jpg

Edited by cferneyh

Guest Dr_Puck

Thanks. The Privateers look is a bit cartoonish for me but it's a quality gamer. I always enjoy buying these minor league jerseys and then learning more about the players.

Nice. Chris Greene is awesome. He played for the Wichita Thunder for 4 years and I loved watching him. I even have his nameplate off of his jersey after he got traded in 08-09.

And CJ, thanks for the tip on stockpiling funds. It wouldn't be so bad if I went a couple of months with no purchases. I may end up catching a few things at the end of the Meigray sale but I'm definitely meh about the next steps.

Thanks. The Privateers look is a bit cartoonish for me but it's a quality gamer. I always enjoy buying these minor league jerseys and then learning more about the players.

Minor league jerseys are often cartoonish, but in the scheme of things that one isn't too bad. Plus the color scheme is awesome. Nice pickup for sure.

Thanks buddy. It's my first cream-color jersey, which is interesting. They could have made it look gaudy but it has an appeal. Bonus points for the player apparently being a cool guy.

I happen to be a fan of the cream color for jerseys. 2004 Eastern Conference ASG is one of my favorites. Kind of gives it a vintage kind of feeling, even though the vintage jerseys were probably way more white.

Selanne Tribute Night Kyle Palmieri Game used jersey set #3. It was worn during the 3rd period, overtime, and shootout. During 3rd period, Palms had an amazing power play goal which I own the goal puck. I thought it would be cool to have the jersey that went along with the goal puck. Jersey is signed as well

Palmieri20teemu20tribute_zpsdsfdmu6a.jpg