It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Yeah like I said I didn't get a good picture of the size. Thought I saw 56 which is possible, but it turned out to be a 58. That is on me.

Also on the Carpentier you got, the eBay listing said some wear on the right elbow. Plus that seller is a pseudo-dealer and has a website that he sells from directly as well.

Edit: Here is the dealer listing: http://onholdproviders.com/cion/page.tpl?pageid=democatresults$team=alb&startat=1&var1=alb&var2=AHL

Edited by Devilsguy

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pickup. I had similar ideas when I saw that on eBay, but a shift in my collection left it on the outside looking in.

Who's it gonna be?

Was thinking Ari because every game I went to when he played they lost, and it was about time something involving him made me happy.

But it's gonna be a mogilny. I was so happy when he got sent down and I was able to see him play, if only briefly and when he was terrible.

Edit: I know this could be a gamer and I'm not really interested in debating it. I totally understand some people don't approve and that's fine, it is what it is. Sorry if it's bothering anybody.

Edited by JoeM7392

I totally forgot that Mogilny was sent down. Actually I forgot about his second stint altogether.

Funny, in today's NHL, a guy with 12 goals and 13 assists in 34 games would be the Devils' top scorer. In 2005-06, it got a guy sent to the minors, never to return!!

I, for one, was happy to see a bunch of Chris Kelly jerseys added to Meigray's flash sale. I had one jersey that I wanted to buy from their normal summer sale and this was it.

Gotta love it when things work out that way. I'm glad you got it.

I totally forgot that Mogilny was sent down. Actually I forgot about his second stint altogether.

Funny, in today's NHL, a guy with 12 goals and 13 assists in 34 games would be the Devils' top scorer. In 2005-06, it got a guy sent to the minors, never to return!!

That was more of salary cap thing, wasn't it?

It was a mix of things, but mostly salary cap issues as the Devils had a lot of trouble coming out of the 2005 lockout with the cap. They had to make room for Elias returning back from his bout with Hep A.

Also there were reports that Mogilny was becoming a locker room cancer so that was the other major reason.

http://imgur.com/a/nu6ZK

Got this in not too long ago. I'm curious if anyone could help me identify it.

It's a black jersey.

This. Your head goes through the hole on top and you arms go through the long, tube like holes on the sides.

Ben Carpentier 05-06 river rats. Jersey is clean, only mark on it is a small one on the right elbow. Its not meigray, and it doesnt have the tagging/serial # from the river rats locker room like every other one ive seen.

And I'm happy about that, because the thing is getting stripped. Sorry gamer collectors, but this guy was the only way I was getting a 6100. If it was marked up i wouldnt touch it, but that combined with no tagging/LOA is enough for me.

The River Rats only wore that exact style for that one year before becoming affiliated with the Canes and not all of their gamers were Meigray tagged. From what I have heard, they also sold a bunch of gamers that were untagged at their equipment sale so this could very well be a gamer.

If it is a gamer, sucks that it is getting stripped. I just don't believe in the practice.

Also I recently got a supposed game worn 05-06 white River Rats Stephen Gionta jersey a couple weeks back off of eBay. Turns out it looks to be either a gamer that was either stripped and turned into a Gionta or it was an authentic made up into a Gionta and the owner decided to add game use to it on his own as it has a few marks on it. Regardless I am pretty much 100% sure it was never worn by Gionta as the customization was kiss-cut and the name-plate material is off. Nevertheless it is a 6100 in size 58 and willing to part with it.

You guys are bad influences. Not only do I now want a Rats jersey, I decided not to sell my other Devils minor league jerseys I was going to sell.

Thanks a lot!!

Edited by mfitz804

You guys are bad influences. Not only do I now want a Rats jersey, I decided not to sell my other Devils minor league jerseys I was going to sell.

Thanks a lot!!

Your welcome. I was wondering why you were selling them in the first place. The Lowell one especially is really nice. What's up with the sudden abandonment of the Elias all star collection?

Too much stuff in the closet. Decided to get rid of stuff I wasn't thrilled with, that I just bought because they happened to be available. The Elias ASG's all fell into that category. I just started buying blank ASGs and more often than not, Elias was the Devils representative. So I decided to see if anyone would be interested.

Not so much so far.

Edited by mfitz804

Too much stuff in the closet. Decided to get rid of stuff I wasn't thrilled with, that I just bought because they happened to be available. The Elias ASG's all fell into that category. I just started buying blank ASGs and more often than not, Elias was the Devils representative. So I decided to see if anyone would be interested.

Not so much so far.

Well I hope you can move them, they are very nice jerseys. I was honestly tempted on the 2000, but I really need to take a bit of a break. I think it looks awesome, but I feel like I'd never wear it and it would just take up space like it is for you.

Well I hope you can move them, they are very nice jerseys. I was honestly tempted on the 2000, but I really need to take a bit of a break. I think it looks awesome, but I feel like I'd never wear it and it would just take up space like it is for you.

Well it's still here if you change your mind!

You guys can pry my River Rats Mike Commodore from my cold dead hands.

Can't do that. Any new bloodstains would make it harder to photo match.

You guys can pry my River Rats Mike Commodore from my cold dead hands.

They are a team that I will never stop collecting. My favorite logo of all time, and so many memories from growing up going to games with my dad all through the 90s.

Wish EPS would get a move on and get me my other 2 back.

They are a team that I will never stop collecting. My favorite logo of all time, and so many memories from growing up going to games with my dad all through the 90s.

Wish EPS would get a move on and get me my other 2 back.

That's gonna make it harder for me to find one.

That's gonna make it harder for me to find one.

Eh, I won't take them all. Plus we generally target different sizes so it all works out, if I see any I'll send them your way. Do you have any right now?

Eh, I won't take them all. Plus we generally target different sizes so it all works out, if I see any I'll send them your way. Do you have any right now?

Nope, I don't have one at present. Thanks to this thread, it's next on my list.

Got back from Caps equipment sale and this year they decided to clean out their old stock of team issued Military Day jerseys that they wore several years ago for warm up. Grab two of them, one to customize and one to trade.

19583936496_571d60bb4a.jpg

They even have fight straps sewn in and the material seems heavier than the retail ones they sold.

18987549714_39e59af43f.jpg

A green Caps practice jersey which they wear on St.Patrick's day so I have plans to customize this also.

19583941776_6a3227f800.jpg

And finally got the last WC practice jersey in their stock. They sold all but one of them in the session before mine. Would have loved to have a grey one but I'm happy with this Navy one since I probably won't have a chance to buy one of these ever again. I don't like that the Navy W blends in with the jersey but the lettering is felt and the stars are embroidered. So happy I got all these at a huge discount.

19614498241_c013e449a3.jpg

Other stuff I got for rec league hockey was a pair of brand new WC CCM gloves made for Mike Green, Prostock Eric Fehr and Joel Ward sticks.

Edited by madflava