It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Thanks for posting that Wolf Pack, Matt. Besides being a nice jersey, it's also helped me solve a problem I was having duplicating a Manchester Monarchs font- until now I hadn't realized the two teams used the same font, at least for a few seasons. I found a bunch of Wolf Pack gamer images and now I have what I need to get my Monarchs kit done!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Matteau! IMO he'll always be up there on the list of important Blueshirts (not all-time greats but better than "noteworthy"). As a friendly reminder, his claim-to-fame OT winner was his second in that series. Now that's a great late-season pickup!

Thanks for posting that Wolf Pack, Matt. Besides being a nice jersey, it's also helped me solve a problem I was having duplicating a Manchester Monarchs font- until now I hadn't realized the two teams used the same font, at least for a few seasons. I found a bunch of Wolf Pack gamer images and now I have what I need to get my Monarchs kit done!

Duane, first off, I missed out on that Sandstrom you posted on the previous page (just saw it today). It's a beaut. I always liked him as a player. Grats.

Secondly, you're correct that the Monarchs have used it. I believe Hershey did at one point as well. There are slight variations but they are from the same designer. I've been searching for a couple of years to find out the name of the font and no one knows. EPS can do it, as can Keener, but I think they just based it off photos from gamers so they aren't 100% exact. The old Wolf Pack webmaster/photographer (and famous jersey collector) Caldercup2000 said even he couldn't ever get an answer on the font when he worked for the team.

I finally decided to contact the Monarchs directly since they used it most recently. Their Merchandising Manager was surprised to find out it wasn't unique to their team and eventually put me in contact with the designer himself. He told me he's never given the exact font out to anyone but the teams he's worked for, but that he could take care of properly customizing any jersey with his fonts. I never followed up with him. I'll do some digging for his e-mail and send it to you in a PM.

Akteon, first of all, thanks regarding the Sandstrom- I kinda like it myself!

Also thanks for the info regarding the Wolf Pack/Monarchs font. I had a kit done up through Cutting Edge (I know for a fact they were the Monarchs' customizer around that time but they later said they weren't for the year in question- must have missed it by just one year) and it came out inaccurate in many respects. I've been trying to find good detailed pics of Monarchs alternate gamers from 2008-09, but there's surprisingly little to be found. There are a lot of photos of Wolf Pack gamers from the mid-2000's, and the font seems to be the same as the Monarchs alternate jersey font except for the curved letters on the nameplate. I was just about to e-mail Cutting Edge about redoing the kit, but I'll hold off for now. Thanks again!

Btw, was it Amanda at the Monarchs Pro Shop that you contacted?

Forgot to throw this up with the last batch I posted. This will be a tribute jersey of sorts to one of my most memorible Leafs moments. Will need a 65th anniversary patch to finish it so if anyone has a legit patch available please msg me.

IMG_1589-vi.jpg

1998-99 Greg deVries Colorado Avalanche home playoff issue sweater set IV …. LOA from Avs' equipment manager.

I am very excited to add this one to my collection.. Great sweater with the very rare Columbine High School memorial patch.. The CHS patch was only on the Avalanche playoffs jerseys that year and never made available to the public.. As Super the Great Jay stated, the Columbine patch is really more embroidered on the left sleeve and not really a patch...

q7n1.jpg

8llj.jpg

orau.jpg

1998-99 Greg deVries Colorado Avalanche home playoff issue sweater set IV …. LOA from Avs' equipment manager.

I am very excited to add this one to my collection.. Great sweater with the very rare Columbine High School memorial patch.. The CHS patch was only on the Avalanche playoffs jerseys that year and never made available to the public.. As Super the Great Jay stated, the Columbine patch is really more embroidered on the left sleeve and not really a patch...

LOL! Jay should get a kick out of that. I'll always defer to Jay's expertise. His collection is way more extensive than mine, as is his knowledge of avs jerseys. But I'll take being mistaken for him as a compliment. :lol:

Awesome jersey! Love the CHS patch, rather the CHS embroidery. One of what, 46 made? That's awesome! Great pickup. And I love the lighting for your pics. Makes the mesh look even shinier.

whoops.. I always get your two names on here mixed up! :unsure: Burnaby Joe Jay! LOL!!

Thanks man for the compliments on the sweater...

Size 52 Authentic Reebok Edge 1.0 2007/2008 Chicago Blackhawks Dustin Byfuglien Home Jersey. WWW patch is a repo.

DSCN2933_zps08afbfb3.jpg

DSCN2944_zps25fd5e33.jpg

Size 52 Authentic Reebok Edge 1.0 2009 Chicago Blackhawks Antti Niemi NHL Premiere Helsinki Road Jersey. NHL Premiere Helsinki patch is authentic. This jersey was worn on October 3, 2009, against the Florida Panthers at the Hartwell Areena in Helsinki, Finland.

DSCN2950_zpse4b9079f.jpg

DSCN2964_zps619fc67c.jpg

Great de Vries jersey. Those chs embroidered jerseys are hard to come by I love the look of the white starter jerseys

I got this Mighty Ducks jersey in a local trade. It had an autograph on the front which came out pretty clean after a few tries of using different Chemicals.

pics2045-vi.jpg

pics2046-vi.jpg

Radek Martinek Gamer. Wear blah blah blah photomatched #BornRadekal #AlwaysRadekal

IMG_9164.jpg

IMG_9165.jpg

Now the goodies from Cutting Edge. 3 months and a couple of days later:

d636ba10-f866-4b82-87c7-def08f41cde0.jpg

ca1ef836-d2d2-439c-b79b-d1962a93a0a8.jpg

27101372-013c-4ece-b4c2-0731664ca9dd.jpg

a807b717-d7e7-46a3-8ac9-9cc79e843e7d.jpg

(sorry for the watermarks, but dont want these images stolen)

Awsome pickups! I love that Blue Fisherman jersey and that lettering looks spot on.

Awsome pickups! I love that Blue Fisherman jersey and that lettering looks spot on.

Thanks man. I like the Ducks pickup!

Lettering was done by Cutting Edge, they used to do the gamers so it was definitely worth the wait!

Thanks, Tom! Did your's come in yet?!

Out for delivery. Unfortunately, my mail still gets delivered to my parents house, so I have to pretend I need to talk to them tonight. Lol