It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of major pickups for me today, with one more arriving next week!

2013-14 JT Miller NY Rangers Home Set 1.. Already photo matched to game against Pittsburgh early this year.. I have noticed that the team is no longer sewing the letters to the nameplates any longer.. They are glued.. This is the second NY Rangers jersey that I have received like this..

ti7x.jpg

7aqn.jpg

x7b5.jpg

7da3.jpg

2013 Marc Andre Cliche Colorado Avalanche.. Adam Foote Retirement Night jersey.. Worn in pre game warmups by all the Avs players to honor Adam Foote.

Really love this sweater.. The Foote retirement patch on the front is especially sweet.. Burnaby Joe Sakic "Jay" told me that they only made 60 of the Foote patches so they are fairly rare...

pvcr.jpg

4x0m.jpg

l2rb.jpg

Ughhhhhhh disgusting and lazy! I thought that other one you sent back was from last year...

Dunno Matt.. I think they are all like this now… It is like this lamenated clear glue..

awesome Cliche/Foote night jersey I should of shot for a different player i was trying to get a Stastny but both went for more than i was willing to pay but i did pick up two other jerseys

this one came yesterday 2011/2012 Milan Hejduk third set 2 Captains jersey

image_zpsd260b42a.jpg

image_zps598ebf80.jpg

Photo match to the mark on the left arm

image_zps9199f531.jpg

Love the way the Avs do their retirement night jerseys. Very cool with both names on the back. Great addition!

Great Hejduk 3rd…. XSpoilerX… Awesome photo match!

Thanks Joel.. I am awaiting the PA Parenteau gamer from the Foote night as well.. Should be here early next week.. Pretty stoked.. :D

I have noticed that the team is no longer sewing the letters to the nameplates any longer.. They are glued.. This is the second NY Rangers jersey that I have received like this..

Well, when you go through 7-10 sets of jerseys, I guess you don't have to put quality into your work anymore. Such a shame. I really have no desire to pick up any Rangers gamers from Steiner anymore.

If you wanted to have a retail jersey customized to exact team specs, would you want them to NOT stitch the name anymore?

Again, not disrespecting your pickup, just the way that things are done now.

Good to know. I wonder if Arena Wear will glue the name or sew it.....I think I'm going to request it sewn.

Good to know. I wonder if Arena Wear will glue the name or sew it.....I think I'm going to request it sewn.

Cygnus and Matt... After further review, it looks as though most of this years Rangers jerseys are sewn.. Steiner has a few set 1 gamers on ebay from 2013-14.. Seems those are all sewn.. My Miller is photo matched, so I don't plan on returning it.. I returned the Stralman as you know

Great Hejduk 3rd…. XSpoilerX… Awesome photo match!:D

Thanks. I think it was the easiest photo match I found for having hardly any wear on it, pretty much just that mark

Enzo, great pickups. On the Miller is there just very little arch to the name? It looks almost straight. I know the overall the arch is much less pronounced these days then in the 90s, but even on some gamers I have with short names, you can still tell it's there. Just curious.

Now for some more pickups of my own, three of my favorite alt jerseys of all time:

2002-03 #2 Matt Kinch Hartford Wolf Pack game-worn jersey

Literally my favorite jersey style of all time. This is my second gamer of this style and my third Kinch Wolf Pack gamer.

htfd_kinch_grey_f_sm.jpghtfd_kinch_grey_b_sm.jpg

2005-06 #8 Sandis Ozolinsh Anaheim Mighy Ducks game-worn jersey

Honestly the only Ducks style I ever really liked.

ducks_ozolinsh_f_sm.jpgducks_ozolinsh_b_sm.jpg

1995-1996 #10 Rick Bennett Cincinnati Cyclones game-worn jersey

Picked this up from hockeyjimm and I love it in all it's brightly colored ultrafil glory. Rick Bennett played just 5 games for the Cyclones, which probably explains why they spelled his name wrong.

cyclones_bennett_f_sm.jpgcyclones_bennett_b_sm.jpg

Nice acquisitions, Akteon. I need one of those Hartford jerseys in my collection.

I agree on that Ducks jersey. I have my Selanne, and it's one of the few non-Rangers or Pens jerseys in my collection that I just won't part with. I wish they would make a 2.0 version of it, as I think the design would look great. I wish they were the Ducks Stadium Series jerseys.

Everything about that Wolfpack jersey is incredible!

Nice pickups!

Enzo - Those avalanche jerseys are B-E-A-utiful. Very nice catches!

akteon - Congrats on getting some of your fave jerseys. That Ducks style is my favorite too and I think is pretty rare. Never see authentics for sale.

Thanks for the info enzo.....nice pickups Aketon. That Ducks' style is very neat and tidy-looking.

Love that Avalanche Foote jersey. I think I'm one of the few die-hard Red Wing's fans that actually love the Av's jerseys.

That Ozolinsh Duck's jersey is amazing also. Ozolinsh is one of my favorite players, would love to get a gamer of his someday.

Thanks Zeshy/Krendelev! Expecting the PA Parenteau gamer from the Foote night to arrive soon.. Stoked!!

Ok.. Here's the official scoop on the Rangers jerseys not being sewn.. I talked to a super cool dude at Arena Wear.. He explained to me that the sweaters that didnt have the letters sewn to the nameplate were used in the preseason first and then the first set of the regular season. The players that weren't guaranteed a roster spot with the big club on opening night "JT Miller" and others weren't sewn, just glued.. Guys like Richards, Nash, etal that were guaranteed to be on opening night roster were sewed on.. So there you have it.. Interesting...

Good to know Enzo......I was worried to get a shirt done up like the pros it would involve some Elmer's School Glue.

:D